ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
11/9/10 DLC - GH:WoR 1 Track Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Love Song" by Tesla

Oh my goodness. I might have to buy Guitar Hero 6! That's my third wishlist song to ever come out for a rhythm game ("Green Grass and High Tides" and "Peace of Mind" were the others).
werelord  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing pack...too bad I have no points...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointed that the Alice Cooper songs are yet again re-records. I can understand if the masters for Elected are unusable, but RB got the Poison master so I don't understand why GH had to settle for a re-record (and an easier one at that!).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, how did I miss the part that said Slash featuring M. Shadows? I'm listening to it right now and it's awesome! I should listen to the other Slash songs sometime. Man, now it's just getting painful waiting for Christmas so I can get this game!

RoryandCam  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the whole pack , not disappointed one bit , i played through a few of the songs on expert guitar , i liked limelight quite a lot but nothing to say was hands down the most fun to play , awesome pack! keep up the sweet dlc!
Olinea  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you can't say "drunk" in The Rock Show but "let's get high" in We're All Gonna Die is acceptable?

Wondering if they loosened the censors a bit or something. Just seems rather odd.
Scorehero: Where the 5-note chord is undercharted.

Grinded that second one for 18 years.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olinea wrote:
So you can't say "drunk" in The Rock Show but "let's get high" in We're All Gonna Die is acceptable?

Wondering if they loosened the censors a bit or something. Just seems rather odd.

My best guess is that TRS is on disc so they had more pressure to censor; since DLC is unrated they kept "let's get high" in.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Garwood  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olinea wrote:

ohh haha. I thought the lyric was "shitfaced"

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played through the pack, and holy balls. Beenox, I officially have faith in your guitar charting abilities. The pack was FUN. Every single song. I haven't been able to say that about a pack on either side since... Steely Dan (GH) or Moving Pictures on Drums (RB).

Limelight: It's simple, fun, and the solo makes you feel badass. Watch out for the ending though, there's no BRE to cover up the out chord spammery.

Red Barchetta: A whole bunch of different patterns here, but none of them are too tough. It's hard enough to keep you interested, but not too much so that you can't rawk out to it.

Tom Sawyer: I've never really liked this song, but for what it's worth, the chart was fun, and I'm really glad they charted the synth in the bridge and solo. It added some fun parts.

Love Song: It's the chordy song of the bunch, but its chords are really there. A bunch of fills and quick variation make this a great song, and it's freaking TESLA.

Talk Dirty to Me: If you liked the GH3 chart, you love this one. HOPO chords work awesome in this song, and the solo's quite fun, too.

Nothing to Say: ...We're sure this isn't JUST A7X? It really feels like an avenged song, chugging burst strumming, BatH chorus-esque sections, and some pretty sweet soloing to boot. If you like challenge without impossibility, check it out.

We're All Gonna Die: Besides have the worst lyrics in existance, the song is pretty fun on guitar. It feels like the epitome of a Rock n Roll chart. Just watch out for the ending solo.

Watch This: O____O Verse 1B's Monster trill nearly failed me as I tried to tap it. The actual solo is pretty beast too. if you have a guitar, buy this track already! Learning to tap the monster trill was really fun and very accomplishing.

Poison: Epic. Rock. A slowly building song that has a nice riff and a great culminating solo/chorus. While you may not be doing some epic shredding, what you do play feels awesome.

Elected: Probably the most uninteresting song on guitar, but vocals get some pretty awesome lyrics, and drums get a lot of simple snare/floor/bass patterns that feel really awesome to pound out and a bunch of straightforward rolls. For guitar, it may not have an epic solo, but it keeps itself moving and interesting enough.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beenox, I have to say it now: THIS is what I want to see from you!!! You took great songs and gave them awesome charts! No bulshit chord spammery, no overly complicated extended sustains. Just fun songs! PLEASE continue this way!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
Beenox, I have to say it now: THIS is what I want to see from you!!! You took great songs and gave them awesome charts! No bulshit chord spammery, no overly complicated extended sustains. Just fun songs! PLEASE continue this way!

I'll take the compliment, but you should keep in mind that every chord, extended sustain or so-called overly complicated pattern has a reason behind it.

We don't just put random stuff in the charts to annoy people, we do them because that's what the audio in the guitar track calls for.
Every note I have ever charted has a justification and every pattern is easily playable granted you're willing to put the time to practice it if need be.

But I'm glad you guys are having fun with this pack.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I know of they've had more than 3 songs per pack, and going by the songs I know, they've picked good ones.

Shame I don't have a PS3, though...

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think that fun should become before accuracy when it comes to the charts. I don't play real guitar, so I can't really judge on the accuracy level. But I do know that some patterns are just awkward to play on 5 colored buttons, because we DO play then on 5 colored buttons and not on an actual guitar. I just ask you to keep that in mind.

(btw, I think you would be a great Pro -uitar charter, Efjay. )

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the vocal charting/phrasing is excellent imo.

So kudos for that as well.

All around one of the most well rounded packs GH has ever had.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Olinea wrote:

My best guess is that TRS is on disc so they had more pressure to censor; since DLC is unrated they kept "let's get high" in.

Well, for Hot Blooded, they censored "I'm a little bit High", and as far as I can tell, every mention of getting high has been censored up until now.

I think they've just loosened up on their censoring after all the (rightful) complaints.

Shame it's too late for American Pie, though. With there was a free patch which changed the vocal track and the vocal part for previous DLC, though. I would find that just swell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: