Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually havnt done guitar yet either, but nice work on VH bass, but finish the job! :p

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll finish the job as long as you finish yours :P (actually it'll soon happen, so yeah ^_~)

And of course I already finished *a* job today by clearing the DLC pack. The last 4 songs and my thoughts on the individual songs are all on the first post

---

Update: November 16th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Feels Like the First Time
DLC (GH:WoR Pack 1 - Part III): Elected | Red Barchetta | Talk Dirty to Me (YT | DM) | Watch This (Expert Bass)

The last few songs of the pack! And I guess we're sealing things off with another modestly tough WoR track (yay Foreigner) and what seems like a bunch more tenser stuff here. Obviously the Rush and Alice Cooper representations in this batch are what I feel to be the trickier ones by the respective pair, but I'll go in more depth further down the page.

Still, what a blast the pack was; now that I conquered the lot I should be able to provide my in-depth thoughts on them. Note that "Watch This" isn't included here because, as we all know, it's an instrumental. :P Anyway, onwards:-

Elected - By far the trickiest of the two Alice Cooper representations here. The verses can be picky if you have no idea what you're doing, though once you confine it to memory it doesn't really become too bad.

Limelight - Easily the least annoying Rush song to FC due to the lesser dead air content. But at the same time the structure's simple enough to confine it to memory, so it can't be seen as tricky as one may think at first glance, maybe outside the second verse.

Love Song - By far the trickiest song to sing in the entire pack. Not one section seems to repeat itself here, which makes this kind of tricky to memorise. Most of my chokes when getting it were either in the intro of the "love will find a way" part, but I'm sure once you remember it it becomes not all that bad. Still a blast to work on

Nothing to Say - The presence of M. Shadows on vocals may put you off here, but unlike the A7X representations in the series so far, he actually stops to breathe somehow! I guess that even though it's one that I enjoyed belting out, it can also be seem as one of the tamer ones.

Poison - Little variation makes this one that can be taken down extremely quickly. It's intensity is pretty much justified with the way the chart went down, so if you get one verse and chorus down, you've pretty much got them all.

Red Barchetta - Long structure and slight differences in some parts makes this a trickier one to learn than anticipated. Initially I thought this could be a candidate for trickiest song in the entire pack; eventually it kind of lost out due to all the dead air, though it could become one of the more annoying ones if you don't know it too well.

Talk Dirty to Me - The only real danger spots in this one are the "cause baby we'll be" phrases and the final chorus, which goes kinda different from the others. So this makes this slightly harder than "Poison", but it can still catch you off guard.

Tom Sawyer - By far the easiest of the Rush tracks here. Simple structure, plus slightly more dead air than there was in "Limelight", makes only the breaks in silence the only things that would leave you worried about being tripped up here.

We're All Gonna Die - The tougher of the two singable Slash songs IMO. I have to admit here I choked in the intro once when making a serious run on the FC; though there doesn't seem to be much variation and stuff to catch you out until the bridge.

I say we had an enjoyable pack here. I know one or two people that have wanted to see Rush DLC here for eons, though they certainly went out of the way to deliver. I can't help but come to the conclusion though that these DLC releases are probably now going to be in the form of "release more less often", though we'll see what happens as the weeks go on. Still, there's plenty of stuff here that would probably last us for weeks

And as predicted, nothing to follow up this week, though I can't say I'm too surprised. Nevertheless, I'll have something on my heels closer to week's end, that much will be true. Thanks again

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, at least it's easy to say that I did more vox pwnage with half of it being kinda bone dry, and I mean Oasis bone-dry :P plus another new OMBFC! I know what I am, you know what you are, so... don't leave me be, stream's starting as well >_>

---

Update: November 19th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Again | Wish
DLC: Stay Away (YT | DM)
WT Import: Heartbreaker

So, managed to find time for more stuff
On the WoR front today, I've dug up my runs on "Again" and "Wish" for the setlist. It's tricky enough to find a good enough reference for the second one, but it can get crazy tho.
"Stay Away" was mentioned a few times by people when I first got it, and also by expertwin who wanted to see almost every Nirvana song on my YT channel. And it's fair that in light of the recent fandumb movement, I get it up at last.
And if we need more WT references, here's to "Heartbreaker". Really, nothing already according to the video reference thread?

Either way, managed to return to DLC vox in the past 24 hours and got these down. Do note the mixture of some WoR screens with BH screens as I do earlier packs in the latter:

"Blow Up The Outside World" (Telephantasm) - Wise idea to compress the chart, Beenox. I guess due to this easier nature to read it makes for a simpler FC to put down, no practice needed XP Though, long song is long and I somehow feel it seems better off as a 3 IMO, but nevermind.
"The Turning" (Dig Out Your Soul) - I feel the intensities for some of these Oasis songs are kind of back to front here. With the amount of time I tried to learn it, not too sure if this can be seen as lame enough to be a 2, but whatever floats your boat
"Ain't Got Nothin'" (Dig Out Your Soul) - I fail at pathing short songs. That's all that needs to be said
"Hands All Over" (Telephantasm) - Those "I love her" phrases were kinda tricky on first glance. I say it's up there as one of the weirder songs in the pack, but not quite as radical as "Outshined" or "Spoonman" IMO.
"Falling Down" (Dig Out Your Soul) - Trickiest Oasis song so far for me. Short phrases made this a more chokable track than the others, with some of the shorter ones in the "catch the butterfly" sections being the bigger killers. But no worries; it's Noel Gallagher, and in regards to Oasis tracks I can tolerate his voice a lot more than Liam's >_>
"Man-Sized Wreath" (R.E.M.) - Shouldn't have had a higher intensity than "Supernatural Superserious" - that was one that went down way too quickly to consider this one to be a 4. :s
"The Nature of Reality" (Dig Out Your Soul) - Yep, low phrase count is low. And nothing too tricky aside from those slides; probably should've been a 4 rather than a 5.
"Soldier On" (Dig Out Your Soul) - This BY FAR does not deserve a 6!! Sure, the verses are a little fiddly but there's enough room for correction, and after the second verse the rest of it is ridiculously stale.
"Johnny" (European Pack 2) - Ow, verses were choke city. They require more focus to get through than luck, and a lot of knowing where all the octave jumps are. A worthwhile challenge that seemed rewarding in the end.
"Por la Boca Vive el Pez" (European Pack 2) - Without question THE hardest non-English song in the store. That bridge was a killer with some slightly awkwardly pitched phrases, and even at that there's the ending to deal with, which took me way too long in practice to try and learn it. A worthwhile challenge, I must say.

And while taking a break from the voxing, I looked around for more drum FCs to go get a OMBFC for. And this ended up happening:

I suck at chord HOPOs, which caught me off guard here, so I guess the guitar part came across as weirder than I thought. Drums on the other hand seemed fun to learn, especially Chorus 1A with the RBG sections in there (though to be fair I can only keep combo if I look down at where I'm hitting them), and that fill which I somehow had some form of consistency with xD
The bass part was done on sightread, and the vocals part was done when co-opping with Uuno during one of my streams.

Anyway, it's a late start but get into my stream now

(This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Know What I Am OMBFC!? Nice...I can't do that...
stupid green notes...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, the greens aren't that bad; I just double stroked them (though my technique on those are really crude >_>). I thought the RBG sections are tougher to execute tho, but I'm sure you can probably do it

Either way, expect a lot of fake plastic string pwnage in today's update. Someone got the best of me when I started VH Bass, and look where I came out.

---

Update: November 23rd 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Fortunate Son | Rockin' in the Free World (Live) (YT | DM)
DLC: That Was Just Your Life
WoR: Are You Gonna Go My Way

A new update for the near-beginning of the week, so here we go
Not much significance for most of the songs here in comparison, but all I know is that "Fortunate Son" is kinda fun to belt out, as is "Are You Gonna Go My Way". I also wanted to seal the Death Magnetic pack here with a run on "That Was Just Your Life", though I admittedly am saying that I sounded like Ini Miney from Phoenix Wright with some of my lyric substitutions X_X
And yep, expertwin's flood of requests never stops xD A recent on-disc song he asked for was "Rockin' in the Free World", which is actually pretty fun to do

Either way, thanks for the attendance to my stream last night! Admittedly, I think my DLC is becoming buggered up, though I really have no clue how it's happening. But either way, this is what happened:

1. As soon as I was able to get set up, I ended up being given a request right away from StormEagle, the first visitor of the night. He wanted to hear me sing "Love Song" (GH:WoR TP), pretty eh ^_^
  2. Pretty much the entire first hour or so was focused on new DLC based requests from the chat. Not long after I ended up going to the guitar and played "Rusty Cage" and "Spoonman" (Telephantasm) in that order.
  3. A bizarre drum run on "Rusty Cage" then followed. I seriously suck at it and you know it X_X
  4. Kire asked for "Nothing to Say" (GH:WoR TP) on guitar. I can consistently get 5* on it one, fun song I guess :P
  5. Sealing those requests was a drum run on "We're All Gonna Die" (GH:WoR TP).
  6. Whilst doing those requests, I had both ACDCFan AND MiniBn ask for a game. So I invited both guitarists for a QP session:
    - It's Only Another Parsec
    - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due (lol "massive billings"?)
    - The Outsider
  7. Kire wanted to join in as a bassist. Thankfully he didn't pick anything too lulzy like 2 weeks back, but either way, we went through these somehow:
    - Deadfall (lolkire)
    - Nemesis
    - Suffocated
    - Bohemian Rhapsody (lolACDC... I think)
    - This Day We Fight! (no I do NOT sound off, it's just a crappy chart)
    - Indians
    - Ghost
    - If You Want Peace... Prepare for War
  8. MiniBn went offline here, so we ended up going alone. This opened us up to some DLC, but for some reason we couldn't get "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Alice Cooper) to work. Wut?
  9. We at least managed to play through "Sudden Death", with both other players swapping instruments for it. But still no dice on that track for some stupid reason.
  10. Kire then left, and then it was just us two. Those are the songs we ended up doing this time:
    - Bat Country
    - Waidmanns Heil (lol original octave fail)
    - Fury of the Storm (ACDC FC'd ALL of the OMGWTFBBQ solos?!)
    - And we tried to load "School's Out" (Alice Cooper) but that wasn't playing bull either......

11. At that point, ACDC had left and I ended up doing some random songs to sing. The random song feature ended up giving me "Overkill" (WT Import). Lol Lemmy.
  12. ki11me, a new visitor to the stream, wanted to see a run on "Re-Ignition". Awkwardly off song is off :P
  13. For some reason this escalated into a discussion about disney singers being made to sound perfect when they're really not, which prompted me to try and do "7 Things" (BH/Disney)... but what? I couldn't load the song, when it loaded perfectly fine last week? And not even downloading onto a blank card helped?! Meh, all I could do was play it through Party Play, which I guess made it all the more amusing. (note to self: move to internal memory...)
  14. Party Play randomly brought up "Tones of Home" next, so I did it for a laugh. Not my best run but who cares xD
  15. Then it brought up "Rockin' in the Free World" but I left for the lobby again. Turns out that people ALSO wanted to hear me sing that one.
  16. The randomizer was used twice more before sealing it for the night, picking "The Adventure" (BH Import) and "Outtathaway!" (Australian TP).

Thanks again for the turnout... as well as your patience O.o I'll see if I can find a fix for some of the broken DLC. Though, is it me or is this only a problem for Beenox-made DLC pre-Telephantasm? *shrug*

Anyway, I guess I played some random guitar over the weekend. And I even scored an epic FC to boot:

Band Hero XGuitar still isn't happening yet; I am still having no luck on "Black Cat"

What DID manage to happen though is my SECOND non-vocal FGFC in the form of Van Halen bass! Here's to the last three tracks:

So I ended up saving "Little Guitars" on the VH band front because that's one of my fave tracks from the actual band that's in the game, believe it or not. Yet, ultimately I ended on my final guest act choice being "Best of You" because that's one of those pretty and beautiful tracks to make a stoppage on. Foos ftw... or at least up until I saw that ending and thought "omg last minute choke!!"

Either way, the FGFC is done and I shall have the banner in my sig later today

And so I seal it here for another Tuesday. If this DLC comes through today then I'll be happy to do that, but otherwise I'll still find plans

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
irving12345  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow nice job on the DLC specially por la boca vive el pez since it's not English lol, I haven't really thought of downloading it since Spanish is my main language I guess il give it a try.

Nice job on VH bass I knew you could do it. Do what's next? Going for more bass FGFC?

werelord  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By stupid greens I meant my green pad it sucks...I could have way more FCs if it wern't for it...anyway...
AWESOME JOB ON I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE AND VH BASS FGFC! Both very admirable achievments

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see that you have the VH Bass FGFC now, getting on and off here and there. That game does have some odd stuff.

And IHITTG FC? Looks like you're officially better than me =(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick replying time, and thanks a lot for all your responses!

irving: Well, "Por la Boca" was a great challenge, but I wouldn't put it in the top 10 hardest GHWT DLC Vox FCs I've done. Your foreign tongues probably shouldn't matter either way; a lot of non-English tongues here have adapted well to the vox engine, so all in the end it still comes down to nailing those pitches.
In regards to another bass FGFC, that's probably not going to happen. GHWT: Fearing Hot for Teacher (again!!) and its ridiculously bullshit tap notes the most. GHSH: You may say TTFAF but I say Free Bird is still a no go; me and BREs do not mix!! GH5: Schizoid Man, no explanation needed. GHM: Dyers Eve, though apparently parz has been grinding it for some time and he might see it as a possibility. And GH:WoR - Obviously the biggest stumbling block for me still has to be Holy Wars; I can barely combo that one up well, though I CAN 5 star it.
But I guess when I'm done with the vox DLC and I need something to do, I *could* do some random bass FCs and see what happens

Werelord: Oh, your green pad's breaking? Same situation as my orange then
Do you think Kire could offer some guidance to help you repair it? I know you play with him a lot, so there we go O.o

chaosfreak: Naw, your Peace Sells album FC still speaks volumes over everything I have. I'm never going to get the title track on bass; damnit open-yellow section! >_>

And I guess this is where I say that I'm set for streaming for another weekend. But while I do that, let me say that when I was a (very, VERY) young girl, my father took me into a stadium to see a rock band... and I guess I'm exceeding as a plastic rockstar to some degree, providing you're wanting me to want you too.
First post, and be ready for my stream in a few min!

---

Update: November 26th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Tick Tick Boom
WT Import: Today
DLC (My Chemical Romance - Part 1): Helena | Welcome to the Black Parade (YT | DM)

Well, today's vid batch did indeed see a new set of DLC. Pairing it up are two more simpler alternative rock rock tracks in case pop rock may not whet it too much.
"Tick Tick Boom" ended up leaving Tidus in uncontrolled laughter according to his experiences with it in Lego Rock Band; shame the SP design isn't quite as epic here as it is in the guitar chart.
"Today", literally, StormEagle wanted to do a co-op session with me and he just had to start sending invites while I was doing this song!! Attaboy Stormi, attaboy... :3
And we got the first two tracks from the MCR track pack here. I'll have the other two later on this weekend due to the sheer size of it, but for now I hope it all goes down well.

To be fair, I'm in a bit of an awkward situation right now. For the past few hours I had struggled to get "Helena" hosted online at Dailymotion due to downtime, and my third alternate of SeeMeFC was closed down somepoint in the past few months. In the event that this scenario happens again, does anyone have any suggestions onto what I should do?

Either way, not long after downloading the pack, I took the guitar into practice for the lulz and saw what I could do. Turned out I surprised myself that day by adapting to the tricky parts of "Black Cat" and "I Want You to Want Me" very quickly o_O Somehow, I think I'm adapting better to the guitar engine in this game than the other past ones for some reason.
So I guess I spent some time from then on out trying some BH guitar songs and seeing how I did. And THIS was how it came out:

You saw that right: IWYTWM *AND* Black Cat in the same freakin' update!! X___X

But enough about that, onto the songs.
I guess learning Solo 2 was fine enough, but the transition from "Didn't I 3" made it even more tedious than it should've been. But after looking at the pacing of the chart, it was something that I soon understood, even though my consistency out of there isn't as quite as sharp as the other parts of that solo, triplet strumming included. But when I lucked it through eventually, I didn't dare look back.
"Black Cat" was more tedious in comparison though; I did manage to pick up on that solo, and there were more times when I manage to survive the tapping section but struggle with the HOPO section after it; but once again, it had to be one lucky run to get by. So freakin' pleased

Onto the other songs as well:
"Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" - Thought I'd warm up with that last night. What a stupid mistake that was since that one was chord city and almost crippled my hands at the first hurdle. But still, managed to get enough cherries to form that pie.
"Picture to Burn" - Freakin' banjo... lol. Verse 2 and the solo were still epic to learn tho, and I guess the flexes earned lately also helped there too.
"Kung Fu Fighting" - I know that Arvain said that this track was a picky bitch. And this time it was chock FULL of HOPO chords, though nothing that I couldn't handle. Yeowzer indeed.
"The Impression That I Get" - Another one that's chord city, though because it's ska it makes it an even more fiddlier one to get. But it still somehow ended up being my quickest FC in the entire night, but whichever. xD

On that note, BH XGuitar is ON!! I've managed to update the FC checklist with these, and all the others that I got so far which have been noted almost entirely throughout the past few weeks. The others that didn't get mentioned yet were:

* "A Million Ways" - Obtained on sightread while looking through the imports for the first time. Must've been back in February or so.
* "L.E.S. Artistes" - Played the guitar chart before going for the vocal FC back in February. Kinda boring if you ask me :P
* "Like Whoa" - Co-opped with one of my younger cousins back at the same Easter weekend gathering. I don't know why this is a 4 to be honest :s
* "Take Back the City" - Got the guitar part when voxtarring for band challenge stars not long after I got the game. Yeah, I can be a costume obsessive :P

Anyway, on another co-op session that happened with Stormi last night, I also managed to take another one down on the DLC front (and thanks for fixing my freezing DLC too ) :-

I know i downloaded it by accident when looking for some Soundgarden songs to try doing. Little did I know though was that it would be fun to guitar and drum, even though i suck at the latter. Kinda simple enough to learn back then, and I guess the earworm paid off!

Anyway, be ready for my stream soon! I'll meet you all there

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWYTWM and BC!? Inb4FGFC! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWEESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME WORK!
You're better then me now overall...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to congratulate you earlier Woof but FANTASTIC job FGFCing GHVH Bass. Good luck with BH Guitar

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
chaosfreak: Naw, your Peace Sells album FC still speaks volumes over everything I have. I'm never going to get the title track on bass; damnit open-yellow section! >_>

Maybe for you, but i'm far better at weird strumming than crazy soloing. But looks like you can get the FGFC now either way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though KFF is "a picky bitch" on vox for me, it's still annoying on gtr ! Not to mention all those other tough gtr fcs you've had in that session Very good job there ! The fgfc is happening NOW !! triple fgfc, that's badass !!

drums now plox
irving12345  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually for the SH bass I was thinking free bird TTFAF is a bit easy it's just strumming for the most part but if it help in anyway I almost got free bird if it wasn't for the last strumming part and some dumb mistakes in the way so I think you've got what it takes to get it.

Good luck with BH guitar for now I know you can do it

tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good going on Band Hero Guitar! Guess there should be a G/B/V FGFC soon, right?

The biggest roadblock should be Turn Off the Light, at this rate. Rio can also be tricky, and Take a Picture and American Pie are all about focusing.

Good luck!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 43 of 49

Jump to: