ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hell for Leukemia & Lymphoma 3: Beyond Thuderdome
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hell for Leukemia & Lymphoma 3: Beyond Thuderdome Reply with quote

GO HERE, INVITE YOUR FRIENDS, TWEET ABOUT THIS: http://tinyurl.com/36c2jmj

Follow my Twitter (www.twitter.com/smokyprogg) for updates as they come.

It's that time of year again! What better way to get ready for Christmas than watching two men's misery on the internet? And for a good cause as well!

Coming December 17th, for the third year running, I am proud to present Guitar Hero Hell! The basic principle: See how many of the 93 Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock songs can be FC'd in one sitting. For the first one, my fingers were literally bleeding after about 30 hours. Last year, I got about 40 hours in before I was hallucinating things in the notes. This year has a twist! Me and elScarecrow will be competing to see who can get more FC's. We will be alternating 3 hour sessions until we both are dead. The loser will have to do something to be determined. Hopefully not too humiliating.

Why do all of this? To raise money to donate to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! Throughout the course of the event, donations will be accepted. Get in the Christmas spirit of giving a bit early! In addition to fighting cancer, there will be further incentives to donate. I'm attempting to get some sponsorships for various equipment to raffle off over the course of the event. The more you donate, the higher chance you have of winning! More details coming later on this!

Fighting to cure cancer, watching two people slowly descend into madness (probably accompanied my some of my signature rage), and fake plastic instrument mastery, all with me and Scarecrow doing awesome commentary and having fun with the viewers; what else could you want? Get in the Christmas spirit and help save lives! BE THERE.

Last edited by smokyprogg on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the end of this I am seriously hoping on seeing some Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas style freaking out

Can't wait, and best of luck to both of you.
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
By the end of this I am seriously hoping on seeing some Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas style freaking out

Can't wait, and best of luck to both of you.

we should have a sub competition to see who can FC Bat Country the most impaired. lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely be watching!!! Place your bets people, how many FCs will these two be getting?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yusssssssss

I'll be there, of course. I'm thinking scarecrow will end up with more FCs based on what I've seen, but that's just me. I'm sure it'll be a close race.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
gamecubeRLZ  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait for this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: gamecube rlz PSN Name: mrstuprigge
ace5993  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug wrote:
yusssssssss

I'll be there, of course. I'm thinking scarecrow will end up with more FCs based on what I've seen, but that's just me. I'm sure it'll be a close race.

I'm betting smoky will win just based on stamina and experience with this things. I was making a couple dumb misses toward the end of my GH1 hell marathon and that was only 8 hours. 24 hours plus is just insane, but we already know smoky can do it. Gotta vote for the vet here
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how cancer has affected people immediate to me in the past, I shall attend. Fun laughs for an EXTREMELY good cause

Just out of question I saw the 9PM start time on your facebook page; what timezone is it for?

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Given how cancer has affected people immediate to me in the past, I shall attend. Fun laughs for an EXTREMELY good cause

Just out of question I saw the 9PM start time on your facebook page; what timezone is it for?

EST. Sorry for not specifying

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say they'll both get at least 85 FCs.

RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP's (hypothetical) money is on smokyprogg.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoky4life! Doing it on my birthday too. 8)

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
RichardGHP's (hypothetical) money is on smokyprogg.

My money is on... TROGDOOOOOR!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
Fug wrote:
yusssssssss

I'm betting smoky will win just based on stamina and experience with this things. I was making a couple dumb misses toward the end of my GH1 hell marathon and that was only 8 hours. 24 hours plus is just insane, but we already know smoky can do it. Gotta vote for the vet here

That's a good point. However, I remember smoky saying how bad he is at SFTSG in a stream a week ago while scarecrow FC'd the fast part on his first try lol. I also recall scarecrow saying that he's capable of getting TTB and I know he's pretty good at Speeding. The only thing I've seen in smoky's favor is his recent IYWPPFW lolchoke. I have no idea how good scarecrow is on that song. But like you said, smoky's experience with sleep deprivation could prove to be the most vital factor in this competition. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug wrote:
ace5993 wrote:
Fug wrote:
yusssssssss

That's a good point. However, I remember smoky saying how bad he is at SFTSG in a stream a week ago while scarecrow FC'd the fast part on his first try lol. I also recall scarecrow saying that he's capable of getting TTB and I know he's pretty good at Speeding. The only thing I've seen in smoky's favor is his recent IYWPPFW lolchoke. I have no idea how good scarecrow is on that song. But like you said, smoky's experience with sleep deprivation could prove to be the most vital factor in this competition. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

It should be noted that I FC'd SFTSG in 2 attempts the day after that stream. :P

Songs that will be difference makers:
Speeding: Scarecrow can FC riff 5 consistently and the solo with some reliabilty. I've hit riff 5 once and the solo with transition to the intro pattern twice.

Call Me The Breeze: I really fucking suck at this song for no reason. The sliding chord part does not cooperate with me at all.

Modern Day Cowboy: Dunno lol. Scarecrow mentioned being disproportionally bad at this one for some reason.

Nemesis: He can do solo 1 with some consistency. For me it's pretty much all luck. : /

If You Want Peace... Prepare For War: I don't know if he's ever hit the keys. I can do it about 1/4 times now. I have great tapping methods for the 2 fast parts.

Rock In America: We can both hit this, but this is a weird one because grinding it may not be a good use of time. It's horridly inconsistent for the both of us.

I have no clue how he is on TDWF! and SD. I'm pretty good on both, but getting everything in one run is obviously a hard task.

Ties That Bind won't be an issue. I've FC'd it and he has a -1 3 notes from the end of the last streak.

Chemical Warfare and BWoLP are both lolno right now. I actually feel really comfortable about potentially FCing FotS, however. I have a -10 run and a run where I only missed in G and an overstrum in C. Scarecrow shits the bed in F. : P

So yeah. Another thing that should be noted is that the loleasy songs take time to get. My advice to Scarecrow from previous experience is to knock out hard ones first. Let's be reasonable, you aren't going to get them later. Also prepare to be tripped up by some easy shit. (Seven took me 45 minutes when I did RB >_>)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: