Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is the part when I FINALLY start replying to everyone. Erased placeholder post to do just that

Werelord: No, do NOT say that. There may have been some things that you may have struggled to reach (namely a bunch of GH5/BH vocal FCs), but at the same time you've achieved milestones that I personally think I'm never going to get. You getting "Pilgrim", your many OMBs, your far superior drumming capability, and a whole bunch of your guitar FCs on the games you have... I still think you're a much better person than I

FingerQuick: Thanks, and way to go on your Deadfall drum sightread

chaosfreak07: You know, I felt a similar way several months back. I kept getting remarks in regards to bass, on how I can FC "The Trooper" and yet very rarely 5* "YYZ"; I still think your prowess is still sharp tho

arvain: Let me 5* "Rio" on drums first before I even consider it but yeah, I won't let you down!

irving: Let me emphasize it again - I. HATE. BIG. ROCK. ENDINGS!!
So of course "Free Bird" would be taking the cake on that front from what I saw. I stll don't think GHSH will be possible, but I can at least try and get as many as I can if I get time to tackle it.

tidus: "Turn Off the Light", huh? I remember my sightread with Kire being decent up until the strumming in the solo, but if I figure out those rhythms then I might be onto something. I definitely think that "American Pie" is the bigger obstacle now, if only because of how long it is. I'll do my best!

So yep, as you already sensed when I did that update, I was up til 4AM getting it set, so it's fair to say that all nighters scare the living shit out of me. But I could care less, as long as someone will read. (not being picky, just finding a good word to fit the situation mind you >_>)
First post!

---

Update: November 28th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Lasso
WT Import: The Joker
DLC (My Chemical Romance - Part 2): Bulletproof Heart | Teenagers (YT | DM)

Well, it's Sunday night and I might as well seal my thoughts on the My Chemical Romance tracks. No real significance for the accompanying tracks though, but I DID know that "The Joker" needed a long due reference (could've done better on "some people call me Maurice"!!) and "Lasso" is fun and short, so yeah./
Before I dive right into my synopsis, I'll bring up everything that happened on Friday's stream. We had technical issues before getting it started properly, but it still turned out to be quite epic:

1. Feeling in the mood for something to open with as soon as GH:WoR came online, I started out with the randomiser picking the first song, which ended up being "Fascination" (BH Import).
  2. In further quiet spells, the randomiser went through again going through "Kryptonite" (GH5 Import) and "Free Bird" (WT Import). Though, I don't think the chat were impressed with me tackling the latter in its original octave...
  3. Uunoftw, further going on the discussion of original octaves, then asked for "Ring of Fire" (GH5 Import). Of course, even in the WoR engine that's one song that I'll NEVER be able to do in its original octave at all!!
  4. ACDCFan in the chat then asked for co-op, so we did these together:
    - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Alice Cooper, and again the talk on octaves left me to do the first two verses one octave higher... wut?)
    - "Fury of the Storm"
    - "Indians"
    - "Sudden Death" (HOLY note streak batman, i.e. kept a joint streak up until the second verse)
    - "Bat Country" (co-op FC!!)
    - "Ties That Bind"
    - "Tones of Home"
    - "Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants"
  5. Werelord then wanted to join (Bass), and following that, so did FingerQuick (Drums, lol). As a traditional full band we played through a bunch of on-disc songs:
    - "Free Ride"
    - "Jet City Woman" (lol I got a solid but never noticed until the end)
    - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
    - "Slow Hands"
    - "The Outsider"
    - "Scumbag Blues"
    - "Deadfall" (wtf, FQ *PASSED* it SR?!)
    - "Self-Esteem"
    - "Bat Country" (lol again)
    - "Sudden Death" (lol again x2)
    - "Aqualung" (another near FBFC)
    - "Modern Day Cowboy"
  6. More people came online, albeit for the purpose of a Drum PFO. However it was too late at night for me to join in, or even sing for that matter, so I ended up doing the randomiser on my library for a few more songs, albeit on guitar this time:
    - "Ace of Spades" (GHM Import)
    - "Losing a Whole Year" (Third Eye Blind, SRFC!)
    - "One Way or Another" (WT Import, and lol apparently it lagged a lot for Kire at that point)
    - "Epic" (Rock TP)
  7. Kire then asked for runs on "The Beautiful People" (All Hallows Eve) and "Teenagers" (My Chemical Romance). No clue why, but I guess they suit him to a T...
  8. A few more random picks then came:
    - "You Know You're Right" (Nirvana 1, omg did I really FC that fast strumming?!)
    - "Just Dance" (Pop... wut ._.)
    - "Love Song" (GH:WoR TP)
  9. After the attempted drum PFO, Werelord then wanted to play with me again, this time as the drummer. We did a few songs together:
    - "Fade to Black" (GHM Import, long warmup is long)
    - "Bloodmeat" (Knuckle Sandwich, thanks for the compliments irving ^_^)
    - "Pilgrim" (Wolfmother, lol I sucked at that solo)
    - "Freya" (SH Import)
    - "Peace Sells"
    - "Fury of the Storm" (ow we both fell at least once)
    - "No Leaf Clover" (GHM Import, because we needed something to regain Were's strength)
    - "Anything" (Neversoft TP... so close to 4 stars X_X)
  10. After that I was feeling weary myself, so it was sealed on a SRFC guitar run on "Welcome to the Black Parade" (My Chemical Romance).

Again thanks for the turnout; turned out to be a more intense set than what was experienced in the past few weeks :O

Either way, onto the MCR TP. Here's some quick thoughts I managed to provide on the pack after being long done with them:

Bulletproof Heart: Thought this might be weird due to its interesting choice of key signature, but luckily enough the flow's kind of steady so it didn't seem too bad to try and adapt to. I can say it deserved its 6 though due to this pitching issue mostly.

Helena: Easiest song in the pack IMO. Only the choruses seemed to be the only hard part throughout, and even at that the only one of which you should only look out for is the last one in which there is some modest variation.

Teenagers: The only one that had me screwing up while trying to learn it. The subtle verse variations, plus the blues based structure, plus some light pacing makes this a modest challenge. Slightly undertierred, I believe.

Welcome to the Black Parade: After the intro, this one never seems to take a break in both breath use and flow. I'd probably see it as a mini "All the Right Moves" as luckily the pitch notations seem more natural to me. Yet it probably doesn't help that of the four songs, this was the one I was most familiar with, so I guess it was taken down a little quicker than I was expecting.

All in all, my feelings about the band aside, this actually provides a modest challenge on vocals. I would say try it if you can, but somehow it also would depend on your tolerance towards the band, so be careful if you do approach it.

And I guess that's me done for another night. I'll get back to grabbing some FCs in the next 48 hours, and of where I have no idea yet, but we'll see

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's not worth risking updating at a late hour now. Never staying up past 4 again unless it's on a flight.

But that's the issue I have with updating, and I GOTTA get them done. I know what I am, you know what you are... so let me be.
Check the update for a bunch of cool vids including an epic collab with Arvain, plus a new OMBFC and 8 DLC FCs including a new entry for the 10 hardest GH5 era songs! O_o

---

Update: November 30th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: I Know What I Am (YT | DM) | Stray Cat Blues
DLC: What's My Age Again?
WT Import: Band on the Run

It's Tuesday, we have no new DLC this week again, but I'm still alright because I managed to keep myself steady somehow and will continue to do so throughout the week.
So along with a Wings revival, a quick DLC song and the lowest notes I've ever hit (!!), here's also to an epic duet that I managed to pull off with Arvain lately. Very glad it all came together, couldn't imagine the song being done any other way

So yes, onto stuff I've done since the previous update. First of all, a new OMBFC:

Silly me forgot the stats screen. But anyway, I remember almost FCing it on my sightread of the Hard chart, so I thought that the chart on Expert couldn't be *that* different. Very good to get down
And we know when the vox, bass and guitar came in - first two from the respective FGFC campaigns, and the third from a random FC last weekend.

And moving on from there, I also managed to bring down the DLC FCs too. Here's 8 more that I managed to get:

"Get Over It" (OK GO) - Nothing too hard, just oddly offbeat at times which makes it a little too easy to lose ticks if you approach it unprepared.
"Addicted" (Mixed Singles) - Quite a bit going on for a 4, but I did notice that there was some BAD CHARTING in the low bits before the last chorus. The line "I cannot make it through" was charted as: D (I) D (can-) E (not), but on the audio those notes were G G A. Who did this chart? I aught to facepalm epicly at this mistake
"Gives You Hell" (Mixed Singles) - The verses have something subtle to throw you off course, but still not hard a song once you know it well. I guess my short term memory was a little weird today.
"Light It Up" (Hard Rock) - Now this was actually very fun to learn! Not the easiest song to actually execute tho due to various sections with straight singing in it, but it managed to work out. Though, I do swear that one "yeah" warble near the end was charted 2 semitones too high for some weird reason... wut?
"There's No Other Way" (Mixed Singles) - Lol Blur. Lots of room to nail the phrase and little variation makes it actually a lot easier than "Song 2" IMO. Still sounds fun to listen to, I think.
"Waiting for the Rapture" (Dig Out Your Soul) - I'm finding it hilarious that the tougher Oasis songs have Noel on vocals rather than Liam. First "Falling Down" and now this, which does have its off-key moments in times and made for a challenging FC.
"Black Betty" (Southern Rock) - This is like "21st Century Schizoid Man" on crack. Dead air - verse - dead air - verse - epic solos - verse - end. Except, the verses had a fast flow to them which made them slightly fiddly to FC. Yet, I still won't see this as harder than its pack mate "Commotion" and its ridiculously bullshit chart.
"Do What You Want" (OK Go) - Now that IS a painful FC and has headed for the top 10 hardest GH5 DLC FCs. Some of those verses remind me of "Salute Your Solution" in a way, though to make it even worse there's no autotune here which makes it even more awkward to try and get down. Most of my chokes were in verse 2, but let's say once you're past chorus 2, I think you've just about got it.

So all in all, not a bad amount, though even when we're getting towards lower tierred songs, it's not without its awkward moments as proven. But I'm sure it'll soon be fleshed out before you know it.

Catch you later

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome duet with arvain and awesome work as always on the OGBFCs and DLC keep em coming!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonely reply is lonely, but thanks Were; I'll keep plowing on

Anyway, no new DLC this week but I have worked hard on BH XGuitar. Got some fresh results today, so I guess it'll be fun to stay at my stream tonight, which I'm apparently dubbing the YGCA. xD
Anyway, fellow spoonmen, first post, and be ready for the stream

[EDIT: Due to technical difficulties, we are relocating to Livestream this week! You don't need to sign up, get in on the action here. ]

---

Update: December 3rd 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Interstate Love Song | Paranoid (Live)
DLC: Spoonman (YT | DM)
WT Import: The Middle

Heavy snow is falling out here, I know it. X_X But at least for the most part, we got a bunch of songs that are short and quick for this update, due to not much time putting much else together through these hazardous conditions.
One song that did come together (with my hands) ended up being "Spoonman", which I believe Kire asked for a few weeks back. Fun song, and to date I still see it as the trickiest GH:WoR era DLC track. I'll be more definite about it when I jump through the Linkin Park TP as well, whenever that would be.

So, you would expected that due to the chilly climate, my body would be too stiff to try and FC stuff. Truth be told it was a slow process, but I managed to get some more BH guitar FCs done:

"Naive" - My sightread when playing with StormEagle last week was weird; lots of overstrumming. So I thought I could take it down quickly on the thoughts of it being annoying. It was actually a fun warmup, in spite of some of the HOPO chords that I had to quickly react on.
"Turn Off the Light" - There you go Tidus. Done. I know my sightread with Kire wasn't too bad; messed up the strumming at the end of the solo. But once I learnt the ropes of it, it didn't become problematic much.
"Paralyzer" - Verse 1 is make or break in this one, with this problem part:

Eventually i figured out a fingering strategy by anchoring the red and hitting the other notes when necessary. No idea how others went for more "relying on luck" methods... o_O
"Lifeline" - I guess all that time playing "Fuel" (GH:M) as an import paid off. Some of the chords were still kind of weird to keep attention for, but this was still indeed a very rewarding FC.
"YMCA" - Tried for this one before moving onto "Lifeline", but I had lost consistency in the one-handing of those problematic taps. In the end, I settled for a less-chokable 2-handed method, anchoring the green as I went along:

2 1 1 2 2 1 3 2

When I got it, I screamed so hard my voice almost died. xD I thought I lost my stamina to go for other tougher songs, so I settled for still-annoying, but not too panicky ones.
"Whip It" - Just a little something to calm me down. When a problem comes along... I must crack that whip, apparently.
"Sugar, We're Goin' Down" - Awkwardly chordy and would require some form of concentration to get by. Still not too bad.
"Angels of the Silences" - See above, but with a decent solo. Counting Crows, again ftw.

So I guess at this time, it's time to set up stream. Be ready for its broadcast in 10 minutes from this post!

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You suck. I get Y.M.C.A. and nothing happens? For real?

Whichever, I went back to the DLC even with a harsh connection that might continue throughout the most of this bitter season. And a new OMBFC as well? I'll just blow them away, dig deeper, and just bleed it out, somehow.
First post!

---

Update: December 7th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Lunatic Fringe | Suffocated (YT | DM)
DLC: All the Small Things
WT Import: L'Via L'Viaquez

Not the greatest of weekends, that much is true, but it's something that I managed to try and get by. So I guess here are to some quite overdue vox FCs (including one that I'm *this* close to an OMBFC right now) and a recent request for some Orianthi coverage. Given how much I enjoy singing that track tho, I just couldn't say no

Either way, thanks for flocking through to Livestream on Friday, even though it all managed to get out of hand. Here's what happened in this rather abridged stream:

1. Though I was soured about the use of LiveStream for this week, the show must go on. And indeed I used the randomiser in GH:WoR to give me the opening song - "Children of the Grave".
  2. StormEagle sent over the first request of the evening - "Calling". And I guess he wants a vid for it now - be patient, little one ^_^
  3. Kire then asked for some My Chemical Romance, so we settled on "Welcome to the Black Parade".
  4. Both wanted to see "Just Dance", although Kire wanted to see me do the 'keys' part. However, I had no patience to do the keys part after all the guitar grinding I had done throughout the week.
  5. The guys were up for some co-op together, so while waiting, Stormi was up for one quick song with me. We did "I Stand Alone" (Rock 1) due to his SRFCing of both the guitar and drum parts that day.
  6. The ol' Addicted to Chaos lineup was formed not long after - myself, Stormi, Kire (guitar) and Werelord (bass). And so we did a bunch of songs together:
    - "Tones of Home" (lol all of us messed up)
    - "Juke Box Hero" (Classic Rock 3 - finally, FC!)
    - "Ghost"
  7. Kire then left for dinner, leaving Werelord to become guitarist:
    - "Cult of Personality" (SH Import, and stormi FC'd his part!)
    - "Sad But True" (Metallica import, and I disconnected just before the end... no fair X_X)
  8. Kire returned as the bassist, and we did a set beginning with "Scumbag Blues", but halfway in it I got disconnected again... wut?
  9. We then reformed again, and while picking songs Kire picked "Caught in a Mosh" (SH Import), which Stormi (being band leader) didn't want to do. This scenario happened twice!
  10. Getting the message, Kire then picked something different. Albeit, he went with "Twilight of the Thunder God". What the hell?
  11. Ultimately we went on a setlist that started on "There's No Secrets This Year", but Kire wasn't happy and he left. Cue song ending prematurely.
  12. Kire then went offline, so then there were three. We did a 3-person attempt at "Calling" but I disconnected during the intro. >_>
  13. Another reform, and this time we actually managed to do some songs in full!!
    - "Ties That Bind"
    - "Calling" take 2
    - "The Touch"
    - "Again" (3-person FC!)
    - "Modern Day Cowboy" (wasn't up for singing it but we did it anyway)
    - "Message in a Bottle" (SH Import)
    - "If You Want Peace, Prepare for War" (>___>)
    - "Renegade" (lol, my batteries died during the intro and I changed them while singing at the same time)
    - And we tried "Burn" but faced another disconnection. That's where I gave up playing with anyone......
  14. Annoyed, I seeked a song from the randomizer. And it gave me "Anything 'Cept the Truth" (Eagles of Death Metal).
  15. parzrevenge, one of the few passionate ones about the EoDS, then asked for "Cherry Cola" from the same pack because he found it fun (and to be fair, so did I).
  16. Another pair of goes with the randomiser gave me:
    - "Pour Some Sugar on Me" (-1 in the outro... doh)
    - "The Turning" (Dig Out Your Soul... nope, never a lot of love for Oasis here)
  17. Stormi then wanted me to sing "Our Song" (Celebrity New Years Rock) before leaving for the night. Pretty song is still pretty.
  18. With me unable to connect online at all at that point, I ended prematurely with one last go with the randomiser. And it gave me "Soul Doubt" (WT Import). Lol.

Thanks for coming

Moving on, even when I returned to the store a few days later I still had an awkward connection. Strangely, it worked just fine when playing with Jared on Saturday night (thanks man ) so it might've been another one of those days. While waiting around for any kind of fix, I at least focused on trying to get another OMBFC, and indeed I got there:

I had already got the bass part online due to inexperienced people picking it too often online, so I guess those two were the last parts. Drums seemed straight forward until those 16th yellow rolls, which I was never all that great at. But once I managed to hit it, it felt good!

And when I did get vox going, here's what I managed to tackle:

"Burnin' in the Skies" (Linkin Park) - So much legroom here. Nothing really all that hard to try and pull off.
"Wretches and Kings" - (Linkin Park) - One of those P.O.D. moments for me. Even though it's mostly all talkies, I actually had some fun trying to pull them off. Makes me think of old school Linkin Park in a way.
"Because of You" (Hard Rock) - The transitions out of the chorus are kind of quick, so you need to focus there if you need to pass through. Another problem part is that it goes slightly off-pitch during some of the shouts in the end, so remembering exactly what notes are hit then is key.
"Birth Ritual" (Soundgarden) - Done in one go. The choruses may have been a little weird, but still awesome to pull off.
"I'm Outta Time" (Dig Out Your Soul) - The only tricky part is the transition from the second chorus through to the ending. Other than that you're pretty much set off the bat.
"The Shock of the Lightning" (Dig Out Your Soul) - Being the most familiar Oasis song to me in the entire pack, it clearly wasn't a problem to try and pull off.
"(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady" (Dig Out Your Soul) - A voice crack near the end ruined what could've been a very good SRFC. But no worries, drawn out words made it too over intensified for me IMO.
"Here It Goes Again" (OK Go) - Don't think it's as hard as even "Get Over It" in the same pack, but still fun. It makes me wonder how the heck dogfood can FC it on Rock Band 2 while running on a treadmill... xD
"Horse to Water" (R.E.M.) - A short song with mostly stale pitches. The only problem part is the ending in which some quick pitch memorisation work is needed. I believe I had one ending choke before ultimately getting the FC... ouch.
"Waiting For the End" (Linkin Park) - Pitched raps made this a pickier one to take apart than I was expecting. I believe I choked 3 times before ultimately getting there >_>

And so I guess released today is the 90s pack, right? I'm sure to see if I can sink my teeth into it as soon as I get the chance... and a decent enough stable connection too.
Catch you later!

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Band Hero gets so much negative bias nowadays that it isn't even funny.

In my case, trust me, I don't post that much because the whole SH novelty is wearing out, like everything does. Anyways, you're really close to that FGFC. Go get those long songs before they're left for the final ones (and thus making matters worse)!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
werelord  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Band Hero gets so much negative bias nowadays that it isn't even funny.

In my case, trust me, I don't post that much because the whole SH novelty is wearing out, like everything does. Anyways, you're really close to that FGFC. Go get those long songs before they're left for the final ones (and thus making matters worse)!

What novelty?
Anyway awesome work as always yadayada...jk seriously cool stuff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
tidus wrote:
In my case, trust me, I don't post that much because the whole SH novelty is wearing out, like everything does.

What novelty?

The one I bolded. Everything in life has a start, an ascension, a peak, a decadence, and an end, in this order. Including my time on SH. Add to that the Dutch Zoo episode, which ended up in me looking like a troll. That still damaged my motivation.

But don't worry yet about that happening to you folks, you're new in comparison to me. Keep trucking there, I'll still be lurking.

Re-posting to do what Wooffus apparently forgot to: bump for stuff on OP and streaming!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you two, reply time

tidus: Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with novelties wearing out. It's something that happens in life and we need to adapt to those things to plow on as better people. But I know that as long as I have something to give, I can keep going, especially since I'm very close to nailing 2 ongoing tasks here.
I was hoping to catch you on IRC to discuss it with you further, but you didn't seem to be there

Werelord: Tidus's words said it there. When I was 16 I was part of a big online community for the Crash Bandicoot series; eventually, the series took its twists and turns, and the people that I once knew eventually moved onto other things. It's unfortunately a cycle that we have to take in, but you're still fairly young yet so I'm sure that it shouldn't be too much of a worry right now

Either way, enough rambling and I might as well link to my latest update, with some coverage for the 90s pack... and an impending resurrection for my UStream streaming. Certainly NOT the day the music died at any rate.
First post, and I'll meet you there ^_~

---

Update: December 10th 2010

Video Features:

WT: Float On
DLC (90s - Part 1): Name | Real World (YT | DM)] | What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

I guess after a weak-spirited second half of the week, I've managed to made it out here alive. And along with it comes a WT track that long overdue needs a reference (though it's probably not the most polished >_>), plus the first three tracks of the 90s pack that was released earlier this week. Expect a full synopsis next update when the other 2 tracks get hosted up as well.

For now, I also tried my hand at some more BH XGuitar. Negative bias or not, I found myself getting stumped on a handful of more annoying ones. But I managed to pull through with this particular batch:

Bear in mind that there's no stats screen because for some reason I lost my phone cable at work. >_> So I managed to re-take the pictures in the playlist by other means.

"Back Again" - The only real annoying part seemed to be at the end. I guess I was kind of surprised when I got the HO chord first try, and yet ended up choking on an easy part later. Call me a mini-Spaz if you will. ._.
"Bad Reputation" - After all the times of having issues with the R-Y/B-O hammer-ons between the third and fourth verses, I finally get that one down. I'm sure Kire knows about it more often than me with the amount of times we played it on Band Hero together (and he's often the drummer then too).
"Fascination" - Takes more memory to try and remember what notes to strum when; surprising amount of variation and quick reactions to go for.
"American Pie" - Resorted to this after failing to get some of the more painful ones. Realising that I managed to get as far as Verse 4 in the space of 10 minutes, I thought I could actually nail it providing I got those annoying RB-YO HOPO chord parts in verse 2 ("...the day the music died") and verse 4 ("eight miles high and falling faaaaaaaaaaaaaast!"), which surprisingly I was only more consistent if I looked down at the frets to see what I was doing. But I'm so glad I managed to take down THAT magnum opus!

And so that takes me to the HGFC! Goodness knows how much longer it may take before I get any further at this rate, but I'm working well at the more annoying ones. Surprisingly, "Take a Picture" seems more likely to get right now than "You Had Me" at this moment in time, but we'll see.

Anyway, be set for stream! I'll be back on uStream this time too, so be there!

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left you a comment on your YT Real World video.

Also, I know you can OMBFC Sympathy for the Devil, I'm assuming only the Bass chart is left.

Also, why do you host most of your videos on Dailymotion? I prefer YouTube. I guess that's because WMG likes to block GH/RB videos.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
Also, why do you host most of your videos on Dailymotion? I prefer YouTube. I guess that's because WMG likes to block GH/RB videos.

Her preference for DM is long-lived. The origins of her channel (which was dedicated to adventure games' videos and remixes for the soundtracks of these games) have been hindering her will to upload GH videos for a long time, due to her subscribers' demands. Also, the most obvious factor: copyright. This is why she still hosts the majority of her GH videos on DM. You wouldn't want to see her account full of strikes, would you?

Anyway, nice job on American Pie and the others, Bev! I guess you gotta take the Take a Picture outro to practice, and as you said, You Had Me (don't know the guitar chart for that, didn't see the FBFC on forky's stream). Good luck!

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick replies again:

expertwin: Yeah, I saw your tall order of requests. xD I've managed to add them and will hopefully get to do some over the coming weeks. In regards to S4TD, funny you brought that up because right now parzrevenge is having a LOT of trouble with the bass part. And it took me a long time to even 5* it, so we don't really know if I can do it myself >_>

In regards to Dailymotion, copyright actually IS the main reason. The first video I ever uploaded was one that I tried to upload onto Youtube close to my second anniversary there, but was blocked by WMG at the time and so no one could see it. Feeling desperate, I started the Dailymotion account on the hopes that I'd still get to share it with the people that I knew. And it's served me well today too as an archive of many of my vocal runs, with usually my best ones going to YT. And tidus said it right; I refuse to upload anything that might give me a strike somehow. >_>

tidus: Nah, it's not really the *outro* for TAP that I have issues with, but more like maintaining the stamina going into it. I hate the HO chords a lot more, trust me xD I'll get it soon, I'm sure of it.

Thank you two

Anyway, moving swiftly on. We had one half of the 90s rock TP hosted on Friday, and now we got the rest coming. Check the first post for the full analysis, Friday's stream... and a little Anouk coverage? Lolwut?

---

Update: December 12th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Get Free
WT: Good God
DLC (90s Rock TP - part 2): Plowed (YT | DM) | Sex and Candy

As promised, a second update for the new TP. Here we have the weakest song in the pack and one of the more popular ones, which I guess fits. Alongside it was a song that made a mark in yesterday's stream and one of the more fun ones in WT IMO (please do not ask xD).

Thanks for appearing in Friday's stream! I'm glad the UStream side as well as the online side both managed to get off the ground this time, so here's what we did:

1. It was a turn of the randomizer to pick the opening track for the stream. And it ended up picking "Walking on Sunshine" (BH Import).
  2. Partway through the performance, Tidus's Karaoke mode stint on "Interstate Love Song" was brought up in the chat and I was asked if I ever did it before (even mentioning that I did "Ocean Avenue" in a past stream). Seizing the opportunity, Kire asked for a bunch of songs to try and FC in Karaoke mode, and of his batch, I picked "ABC" (BH Import). It took me 3 tries tho, but boy did it feel good!
  3. It was a turn of the randomizer again and it gave me "Fly One Time" (Ben Harper). Turned out I did better with Karaoke mode turned off on that particular track tho.
  4. StormEagle asked for "Plowed" (90s Rock) next, while Kire felt the previous track and wanted to see me do "Steal My Kisses" (BH Import). That's both of them covered together.
  5. Stormi felt that I sounded slightly off during "Plowed" so I took it into practice to try and see how. Turned out it was an error on his part somehow.
  6. Kire then was up for some co-op. While waiting for him to come online I pursued the random song feature again and it gave me "Frail Grasp on the Big Picture" (Eagles).
  7. Jumping on board, we ended up doing a couple of songs together with him on guitar:
    - "Harder to Breathe" (Celebrity New Years Rock, co-op fc!!)
    - "Heartbreaker" (WT Import)
  8. Then Werelord jumped in as a second guitarist. The three of us then did more songs:
    - "Burn"
    - "Nothin' But a Good Time" (SH Import)
    - "Been Caught Stealing"
    - "Play With Me" (SH Import)
  9. Kire then left for food, and cue Uunoftw joining in as a second vocalist and AVC1994SH (referring in-game as Alex) on bass. The songs we did then were:
    - "Hard to See" (lolwut Uuno choked? o_O)
    - "Burnin' for You"
    - "Aqualung"
    - "2112 Part 4"
  10. Uuno then received a load of requests from ki11me to play. Seeing that we had a band of 4 strong vocalists, we then dropped Alex out and brought him in to go try and get some barbershop quartet FCs. These are the songs that we did:
    - Machinehead [FC'D!]
    - Calling
    - Scumbag Blues
    - Get Free
    - Holy Wars... the Punishment Due [FC'D!]
    - Interstate Love Song (oops Uuno choked in the last minute)
    - Motivation (ow I suck)
    - Fortunate Son
  11. Uuno then left, and so we brought Kire in to try and get some more:
    - This Day We Fight!
    - Jet City Woman
    - Dance Dance
    - Rockin' in the Free World (ended prematurely with Kire vanishing offline and the entire party evaporating)
  12. Apparently I forgot ki11me's number, and so he asked that we get a chance meeting online for that. The way we did so was for an XVocals PFO consisting of one song - "Nothing to Say" (GH:WoR TP 1). Apparently I lost by 1k and a better path, but we exchanged contacts anyway after the match - solid run!
  13. expertwin had been asking for "Dyers Eve" (Metallica Import) almost all night. I managed to do it by FCing it in Karaoke mode!
  14. With a certain someone going to bed, I ended up guitaring for the rest of the night. The randomiser gave me some more songs:
    - "Oh Pretty Woman" (BH Import, extended sustains caught me off guard on sightread x_X)
    - "Wolf Like Me" (GH5 Import, how the hell did Stormi FC this?!)
    - "Take Back the City" (BH Import)
  15. Not happy with the song choices, expertwin wanted me to do "Rock and Roll Band" (Classic Rock 1).
  16. With people steadily leaving, I then set about for sealing it with a sightread run on "Plowed". Interesting chart is interesting but it felt good to seal it there right?
  17. Wrong. expertwin got the last shot by asking for "Chemical Warfare". I'm probably never going to 5* that X_X

It was an exhausting night, but thanks very much for being there

Either way, moving on to the pack analysis. Can't really say I had the most exciting time dealing with all of these, but I do have my individual thoughts on them all:

Name: It's almost too easy to end up sounding off partially due to the length of the track and partially also due to the subtle variations here. Even then I don't know if I will be entirely consistent at it, which makes it one of those more rewarding FCs among the pack. Not too keen about the song outside of the game's context tho, but you can't win them all.

Plowed: Very popular among my peers for some reason. Mainly it's due to how lively it is? Either way I found it a good challenge to learn in spite of it being a 3, but once you learn it you should be able to execute it just fine if you keep it to memory. Nothing too tricky, just kinda fast.

Real World: I actually quite like this one. Not because it's the highest vocal-intensified song in the pack mind you, but namely because I actually had quite a lot of fun knuckling down to learn it and its subtle variations. Has some kind of a Counting Crows vibe to me for some ridiculous reason too.

Sex and Candy: In contrast, not too keen about this one. Quite a lot of legroom and very little variation to boot. The only way I COULD find it challenging is if I tried to do it in the original octave, in which at that point it would probably kill the bowels of my throat.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?: - Quite easy for R.E.M. standards, but then again it was the first song from them I ever heard so no surprises there. The last chorus might catch you out like it did with me on the vid hosted on Friday, but other than that probably not too much of a big deal.

Overall, not the most amazing charts in the world outside from "Real World" IMO but still not too shabby. To me it depends more on whether you're a fan of the artist a lot more of whether you'd get much of a thrill playing them, but to each their own.

As for the next 2 days, I hope that I can get the Jimi Hendrix pack to work on WT. I downloaded it from the WT store a few weeks back and got them to show up in the WT setlist, so I hope I can be able to take them down. Here goes :3

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:

In regards to Dailymotion, copyright actually IS the main reason. The first video I ever uploaded was one that I tried to upload onto Youtube close to my second anniversary there, but was blocked by WMG at the time and so no one could see it. Feeling desperate, I started the Dailymotion account on the hopes that I'd still get to share it with the people that I knew. And it's served me well today too as an archive of many of my vocal runs, with usually my best ones going to YT. And tidus said it right; I refuse to upload anything that might give me a strike somehow. >_>

Yeah, that's why millions of people, including me, hate WMG, because they LOVE to block videos "on copyright grounds." However, they have some great bands signed to them, so I just can't boycott them. I do hate DM though, especially because they play ads after EVERY video, some of them a whopping HALF MINUTE. I guess I hate them about equally though.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
I do hate DM though, especially because they play ads after EVERY video, some of them a whopping HALF MINUTE.

This >>>> Strikes that could get her already big YT channel out of the map. Even after all.

But Bev, I didn't watch every of your streams, mostly because of my past with internet problems, busy schedule when I had classes at Fridays, and all of that shit. And with that, I happened to have missed this specific stream when you gave KM a whirl. Stuff you folks forget about with such an amazing ease...

Still, nice work on the 90's pack. I'll be keeping an eye for future updates on Band Hero Guitar. The life business may be picky, but I'm sure we'll know of something in due time!

irving12345  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I missed a lot this past weeks.

Nice work on the DLC and on BH guitar YMCA is definitely a good accomplishment good job. Keep it up I'm sure BH guitar isn't that hard. Any tips on how to do YMCA??

Sorry for not posting earlier since my Wii is dead (again) I have been taking a break from GH and SH so yeah sorry

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 44 of 49

Jump to: