ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Annual Scorehero "Best of 2010" Awards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaffx95 wrote:
Please add this one
Best choke : One -2 (after FSA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ut3owKH60Q

I would like to nominate my own choke too (GH:SH Raining Blood, missed the 5-note chord), but i don't have a proof (is it required?). I screamed so loud when i missed, that i'm ashamed to upload the vid to youtube.

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaffx95 wrote:
Shaffx95 wrote:
Please add this one
Best choke : One -2 (after FSA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ut3owKH60Q

I would like to nominate my own choke too (GH:SH Raining Blood, missed the 5-note chord), but i don't have a proof (is it required?). I screamed so loud when i missed, that i'm ashamed to upload the vid to youtube.

Yes, it is required. However, if you don't have any strikes against you on YT, you can make it "Unlisted." If you do have strikes however, you still have to upload the video if you want to nominate it.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Nyumi  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: The Annual Scorehero "Best of 2010" Awards Reply with quote

Best Drum FC - Raining Blood

Best X+ Drum FC - Raining Blood (again)

Best Bass FC - Hot for Teacher

Best Vocals FC - This Day We Fight

Best Drum Accomplishment - RTSdeathreaper (is the capitalization right?) completes a then-community FSFC with a Space Truckin' FC

Guitarist of the Decade - Witwix

Drummer of the Decade - RTSdeathreaper

Vocalist of the Decade - memesis

Best Guitar Accomplishment of the Decade - Microgamer invents tapping
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: The Annual Scorehero "Best of 2010" Awards Reply with quote

Nyumi wrote:
Best Guitar Accomplishment of the Decade - Microgamer invents tapping

Change this to "popularizes tapping" and I'd be good. Someone tapped YRGM Solo A long before MG did Jordan, and someone mentioned tapping Cheat on the Church as far back as March 2006.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the bloody hell is this thread tracking accomplishments "of the decade"... this decade ended last year. Don't try to tell me 1960 was a part of the '50s. xP Can we stick to awards for the year please?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Why the bloody hell is this thread tracking accomplishments "of the decade"... this decade ended last year. Don't try to tell me 1960 was a part of the '50s. xP Can we stick to awards for the year please?

A.D. years start at 1. There is no 0 A.D., or 0 B.C. for that matter, so 2001-2010 is the 201st decade. 0-9 decades are just more convenient to reference (the 00s), but 2001-2010 is the proper 10-year chunk that should be used.

OP is absolutely correct for having decade accomplishment categories.
dave0113  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

A.D. years start at 1. There is no 0 A.D., or 0 B.C. for that matter, so 2001-2010 is the 201st decade. 0-9 decades are just more convenient to reference (the 00s), but 2001-2010 is the proper 10-year chunk that should be used.

Completely correct. Even though I was only a kid at the time, I got really upset when the media called Y2K ("year 2000" for those of you that aren't familiar with the abbreviation) the start of a new millennium, when it was still part of the then current millennium. 2001 was the start of the new millennium.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:
Completely correct. Even though I was only a kid at the time, I got really upset when the media called Y2K ("year 2000" for those of you that aren't familiar with the abbreviation) the start of a new millennium, when it was still part of the then current millennium. 2001 was the start of the new millennium.

OMG I was pissed at that as well XD That's one of the only things I remember about it though, I was 6 :p
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

Well, I did the "research."
A decade is any period of 10 years. The (20)00's, how I personally and everyone I know keeps track of decades, ended when 2009 ended. I recognize that the 201st decade A.D. has not yet ended, I did not think that was what we were referring to and I apologize for my strong remarks. The OP is right, assuming he is referring to the 201st decade A.D.

That being said, there is no one "proper" way to define a decade you know, just because one definition follows popular media and culture and one follows the Christian calendar doesn't make the one wrong and the other "proper" and the one that "should be used." >______________>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
ace5993 wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

Well, I did the "research."
A decade is any period of 10 years. The (20)00's, how I personally and everyone I know keeps track of decades, ended when 2009 ended. I recognize that the 201st decade A.D. has not yet ended, I did not think that was what we were referring to and I apologize for my strong remarks. The OP is right, assuming he is referring to the 201st decade A.D.

That being said, there is no one "proper" way to define a decade you know, just because one definition follows popular media and culture and one follows the Christian calendar doesn't make the one wrong and the other "proper" and the one that "should be used." >______________>

I would say the "proper" way is to have one decade start directly after the next one, not to have a period of 9 years and then have the first decade. That seems the most logical way to "keep track of decades", in fact it seems to be the only way that makes sense at all.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:

I would say the "proper" way is to have one decade start directly after the next one, not to have a period of 9 years and then have the first decade. That seems the most logical way to "keep track of decades", in fact it seems to be the only way that makes sense at all.

Yup guys, you heard it first here, ace and a couple other people in this thread are right, the entire popular media and anyone who has ever talked about the "60s", "70s", "80s", and so on is just completely and utterly wrong.

I'm laughing inside at my personal image of VH1's new special, "I Love the 198th Decade, Anno Domini"!

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well considering the question has been asked and answered before, im just gonna quote them

superspaz117 wrote:
blackwidowcd wrote:
I'm pretty sure 2010 started a new decade.

well they didn't do a best of the decade last year so..... better late then never

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Marbler's FC of "I Don't Wanna Stop" for best video.
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this doesn't go like last year and the polls get abused (this was the RB 2009 awards, but you get the idea).

Well, if you ask me, best guitarist: ukog-monkey.
EDIT: Best Guitar Accomplishment of the Decade: Iamchris4life's TTFaF FC.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
FoG  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best FC of the 200th Decade: Me FCing Sitting On A Chair With My Ass

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote=/"dudextr/"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 5 of 28

Jump to: