ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHWT broken whammy (not the spring!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cjmainy  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: GHWT broken whammy (not the spring!) Reply with quote

Hey SH, long time no post...

Anyway, my GHWT plastar's whammy broke, and I opened it up and saw this:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll72/Cjmainy/photo.jpg [3.8MB file]

...so how would one go about fixing the broken plastic joint between whammy and spring device?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to my GH5tar. I said
iamdevin4life's mind wrote:
Break out the rubber bands

(from inside the guitar) Loop one end around the fat part of whammy bar (I don't know what it's called) and the other end around one of those pegs that the screws go in. Don't stretch it too far, though. Do that for every rubber band until the whammy bar is resistant enough.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Wii Friend Code: 5711640159822664
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That little plastic thing always breaks eventually; it's completely inevitable (the WoRtar remedied this with a pretty cool gear system). It's also impossible to permanently fix that plastic thing. I've tried hot glue, super glue, and a fuckton of other adhesives but it always broke again anyway. You're just gonna have to use the much-more-permanent rubber band fix, as described above. To be honest, I find the whammy's resistance with rubber bands a lot better than the default anyway :P But yeah, put it all back together and connect the whammy bar and strap peg at the bottom of the guitar with some rubber bands.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: