ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lots of problems with the Wiki

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skelerex  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Lots of problems with the Wiki Reply with quote

Hello there folks, I recently checked out your Wiki Page and noticed some problems on some pages.

I Love Rock & Roll (Easy) links to the "Upper Bound" at the bottom of the page in the Other Paths section even though it's linked to in the top box like usual. In other pages, "Upper Bound" is not linked to in Other Paths.

I Wanna Be Sedated (Easy) has boxes for numerous paths, not just Upper Bound, when the Other Paths section is usually used for lesser score paths. I'm not sure why this is, since even Take Me Out (Easy) lists all the links even if some of them are the same.

You Got Another Thing Comin' (Easy) "No Squeeze" links to "Big Squeeze". This can be easily fixed just by changing the link.

Killer Queen (Easy) "Lasy Whammy" has the word Lazy at the end of the link, so it doesn't work.

I would gladly change all of these, but there seems to be no way to make changes to a page, even when I'm logged in. If someone could let me know how to make changes to a page, then I'll do it without having to report them here in the future.

Thank you.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Lots of problems with the Wiki Reply with quote

Your problem is, despite the name, it is not actually a "wiki", as the definition of a wiki is that anyone can edit it. This is not the case with the ScoreHero "Wiki". You need to purchase an upgrade on your account at the SH store. It can be purchased with contribution points. more info on them can be found here (point V) and here.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, as announced here there are two ways to gain access to contribute to protected pages.

If you don't have contribution points and don't wish to donate, anyone can fill out this simple form to apply for access, which in some cases will be approved instantaneously. In your case, Skelerex, having already pointed out those changes you would like to make, I've gone ahead and granted your access.

If you're interested to help with song pages, I would first suggest to read through the announcement linked above and also the PathNotations page to become familiar with the best practices for adding paths to our pages.

Let me know if you have any questions. We appreciate your help and willingness to improve our wiki. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on the subject of things wrong with the Wiki, I've noticed that when I update the GH Banners wiki page, it heads to a blank screen when I press submit or preview, and rarely does it actually do the desired action. To actually make sure that my changes stick, I have to refresh and then cancel the editing.

It hasn't happened yet when I edit my personal Wiki, but it is very annoying. Is there some code that's wrong, or is it wrong on my end?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Skelerex  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the access. I'm reading the Path Notations page now, and I'll make the changes at a later date if someone hasn't done so already. Usually while browsing things and collecting data for my activities, I tend to fix errors as I come across them. I figure it doesn't take long and it's helpful.

EDIT: I do have a couple of questions.
1. I see path credits to debr5836 and debr. Which one is preferred?
2. A few pages have score cutoffs listed under the optimal path. Should this be fully implemented? The cutoffs also seem to be listed in the right column too, so it seems redundant.
3. Should I link everything to slowhero? Some pictures still link to debr's old site.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skelerex wrote:
EDIT: I do have a couple of questions.
1. I see path credits to debr5836 and debr. Which one is preferred?
2. A few pages have score cutoffs listed under the optimal path. Should this be fully implemented? The cutoffs also seem to be listed in the right column too, so it seems redundant.
3. Should I link everything to slowhero? Some pictures still link to debr's old site.

1.) Either, it doesn't matter. They mean the same person.
2.) Those aren't cutoffs on the right, but rather a breakdown of the number of users here that have reached certain cutoffs (higher cutoffs do not add on to lowers, i.e. a 6* score will not count as a 4* or 5* score). Some of them aren't accurate for certain songs, though, and I don't know why.
3.) If you want. Unless the links don't work, you might as well leave the original link up there.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voided's response is generally correct. debr5836 is his appropriate SH username and preferred if you're adding a new path.

As mentioned, the column on the right indicates the number of ScoreHero members that have achieved each rating. The estimated score value for paths is optional but useful to include when known. I should also note that even though most pages consist of a single "Optimal" path, it's possible to add any number of paths on a page that might be helpful for other reasons. For instance, "No Squeeze", "Miss in [difficult part here]" (for those who can't FC the song because of one difficult part), etc.

As long as links are functional they don't require updating, and you're free to link any source for new paths as long as it directs to an appropriate illustration of the path being described.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: