ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero 2 may appear on the 2011 MLG Circuit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: DJ Hero 2 may appear on the 2011 MLG Circuit. Reply with quote

This week, on vVv Gaming's The Loser's Bracket podcast, I helped to interview the CEO of MLG, Sundance DiGiovanni. During this interview, Sundance mentioned that the league is exploring rhythm gaming and that Activision is particularly interested in DJ Hero 2 making an appearance in the 2011 season.

What we need from the rhythm gaming community to make this happen:

-Spread the word! The more people who know about this, the better the chance it can happen. Let Activision and MLG know you want to see DJ Hero at an event.

-Give suggestions for how the event should be run! The more information the better. Rules, set up, anything that can make a difference in the quality of the event. Remember, MLG has never run a rhythm game and as such this is new territory for them. I will pass this thread along to Sundance so that he can see your feedback.

-Show up! If the game does make it into an event, we need to make sure the attendance is stellar. The bigger the attendance, the better the chance we see more national level rhythm gaming tournaments in the coming years.

-Last but not least, show the world why the rhythm gaming community is special! Smash Bros Brawl was taken off the MLG circuit partially due to the controversy that arose from top players being shady and splitting prize pots for guaranteed winnings. Play with intensity and play to win, but shake hands and stay friendly after a match win or lose.

This is up to us at this point. Lets show MLG that we're ready for an event of this caliber!

If you want to listen to the full interview with Sundance, click here for a link to the podcast on vVv Gaming's website.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
Minjachaunurai  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted in the other one, I will be the first to post in this one.
I love DJ Hero, and I would absolutely love for it to have a place in MLG. My personal opinion, keep it there, and I will be there playing.
On the other hand, on the other thread, it does appear that GH would be better competitively. Based on the activity in the two threads, this is definitely true.
But what if we get a whole lot of DJ hero players that want DJ Hero to have a place at MLG? maybe if we make enough noise, MLG will consider both?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: