ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S12: GHWoR Vocals League - Arvain & Wooffus Win!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong path ftl...
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And with this I leave the "work" of losing to dutchies to the football team and its notoriously mediocre capabilities in high pressure situations! (I am Brazilian, and WhYYZ is Dutch)

But in all seriousness, that was a tight win, I really thought I was done for with that crappy pathing attempt, and those chokes that barred me from getting potential 196k+ runs.

Tones of Home: Obvious final song is VERY obvious, especially after we got This Day We Fight! before playoffs. It's been one hell of a ride, but all I can do is lose honorably to Arvain - ticks are nearly impossible, squeezing is even worse (yes, "worse than impossible") and I can put this as one of the 2 hardest FC's in the game. Being one of his favorite songs in WoR is another factor favoring him.

I'll try my best though. Good luck to everyone!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Sparkage  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lifts green and yellow flag and brings popcorn*

Oh, and... man, screw this, I'll play this song and see if I could win this league. XD
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, "Tones of Home"; every Wii player's nightmare.
But I will go and fight hard for my best score. And after that, I'll have no regrets; whatever will be will be, and it was a blast playing through the leagues nevertheless.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[lazyness pre-lunch break]

woot I'm such a lazy person, I didn't even look for another path, managed to get a score with half-good ticks and missed the last squeeze (which isn't even a squeeze, but I almost missed one of the SP => lol short activation). Will redux eventually for 200k (and posssssibly look for a better path, but I doubt ).

Also, YAY for Tones of home ! Pretty obvious, and I'd have been mad if it hadn't appeared at all during this season Favourite song indeed. Time to tick that properly now haha ! Good luck tidus, I predict Tones of fun... Hilarious pun. Laugh... now.

Sparkage wrote:
*lifts green and yellow flag and brings popcorn* Oh, and... man, screw this, I'll play this song and see if I could win this league. XD

*lifts blue-white-re...* ouch, nevermind, my wrist hurts from Deadfall drums yesterday. Also, good luck I'll be ticking !

[/lazyness pre-lunch break, inb4 lunch break]
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Good luck tidus, I predict Tones of fun... Hilarious pun. Laugh... now.

Tones of WHAT? More like Tones of OWWWW MY FUCKING LUNGS!

I'll need not only a calibrated set of pipes with traces of a cold getting started on me, but an oxygen tank and also a serious ammount of water for this one, because that chart hangs my throat up to dry!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
traces of a cold

You and I both.
Seriously, this morning I felt my throat starting to give out and my nose starting to block up. Hopefully it won't be as full-on as it was back in January xD

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom caught some dumb cold in Spain last week, so far I had avoided everything (people at work being sick all the time ), but inb4 I eventually get a cold myself. Also, nose bleeding today, yay...

I just submitted my score (with the picture. Almost forgot to take one =x ). Didn't die though.
werelord  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh ToH nasty I knew it would be that. Oh well it was a good run for me and I would've lost in the finals anyway. So good luck wooffus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay I made it to the finals! Yay it's Tones of Home! Let's do this.
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you don't think I'm neglecting the leagues, I am actually very interested to know how much I lost to Arvain by. I'll just be away from town for a good chunk of the day, that's all.

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Round Results (PS3/360):
aravin (246989) vs tidus (244018)

Final Round Results (Wii):
Wooffus (253287) vs think13 (252406)

Season 12 Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Vocals

PS3/360 Champion:
aravin

Wii Champion:
Wooffus

PS3/360 Runner-Up:
tidus

Wii Runner-Up:
think 13

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's this aravin guy you're talking about ?

Also, wOOt ! And nice job wooffus !!
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the both of you - I knew I'd not stand a chance at all, since I had to fight for the score I got, even with so many dropped ticks. The RD path I put my fire for was optimal, and figuring out a better one was damn near from impossible for me.

Either way, I'm happy with that score so I won't need to touch that goddamned song anymore. This league gave me an awesome time, had frustrating moments, but it's all part of the competition and challenge that, in the end, generates fun. Add to that the justice touch added by the platform division which was clearly necessary and the submitted scores prove it.

Thank you all for getting this league running, even with those circumstances. Looking forward to the next one (if it ever happens).

P.S.: I'm posting this from another computer in the place I'm at. Won't be here for too long

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got to say after all that I am ridiculously dizzy now.

It was a tough battle in the end; I had no idea which way it was going, which was why I had to keep on fighting for slight improvements every time I could get the chance to. But all the way throughout, think was a very brave opponent and it was great to see us clash through to the very end. Major props right there.

And also a major well done to arvain and tidus for fighting so hard in the X360/PS3 division as well; you two both fought hard all the way through, and even came through with surprises of your own. So, a huge congratulations to both of you fellow TEF crew

If there ever is another GH vocal league again, I don't know if I'd get to do it after how much of a toll it felt like, but it was still remarkably epic nevertheless and a good excuse to redux vox. Well done and thank you woozerkristen for all your organisation and keeping everything together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: