ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mortal Kombat - The (Un)Official Thread - No AU release?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benlikesthesalsa wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYDRPjyFMRU
I really love the ideas here and it makes me wanna get the game day one but I really dont know If I want to preorder this or LA Noire

That is quite possibly the most amazing addition to a fighting game in recent history. I'm stoked.

Also, anyone see the Noob Saibot trailer? He looks ridunk.
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Thing is, that's a good sign for us here in America. That mean it's is going to be really fucking gory and awesome.

Trust me bro, I would if I could. :P

Sarg338 wrote:
I'm sure they will tone down the blood/gore just for Australia, like how L4D did. What are the laws on importing banned games?

Warner Bros. is going for an appeal. If it does get knocked back again, I'll be likely to import from either the UK or Asia, assuming it's region free.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/print.php?gameID=951&type=list
Spoilers in that list of a new robot fighter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benlikesthesalsa wrote:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/print.php?gameID=951&type=list
Spoilers in that list of a new robot fighter

There Will Be Blood! (40 points)
Spill 10000 pints of blood

hahaha !!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I will be made fun of for being a member of the playstation plus program, but I will take it. We get an early release demo of the new Mortal Kombat tomorrow. I will be downloading it as soon as possible and post my thoughts on here tomorrow night.

I can't do video, but I can sure answer questions and give a mini review based on what I do get to play.
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSVWPw71_pY
"Komplete" with QTEs and the Zeus boss stage from GoW3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new MK game coming out officially, I think we should get this thread back in gear. Let's talk about about combos, difficulties, etc.

I personally don't have the game yet, but when I do I expect this thread to be in full force.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My game should be getting here today. I usually play these games casually and have a lot of fun with em. Curious to see how this one will hold up
slfan68  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Reptile classic skin and fatality code for preordering from Amazon, if anyone would like to trade with me for a Scorpion classic skin and fatality code pm me
Venim619  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bad ass. And not just because of Skrillex.
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kung Lao and the "Other" Sub Zero are awesome to me. But then again I am a total whore for anyone with Dive kicks and decent "Kombos"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best MK game ever hands down, in my opinion. Got this at Midnight on the 19th along with Portal 2. Played MK first. Took me two days to pull it out of my 360. Finally pulled it out, opened up Portal, played 7 stages of Co-op, promptly pulled Portal out of the 360 again and threw in MK for a few hours. I see this game consuming a lot of my time for a few months... if not years.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to get this game but the 69.99$ price tag is cutting me short. i think i'll rent it first and see if i really like it. i cant remember the damn combo most of the time, so i dunno.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with tormentedbyu on this one. The game itself is nearly flawless. They've done one hell of a job adjusting character speed and there is almost zero input lag when it comes to moves. The fatalities are just appalling..exactly what I wanted. My face is generally of exaggerated disgust and awe, something desperately lacking since the early days of MK. The Challenge Tower makes for a lot of re-playability, as do the unlocks in the Krypt (however I did cheat and checked a site for all of the alternate costumes and fatalities, sue me). The roster couldn't be better, I'm glad they went with a mash up of MK,II, and III. I sort of felt that by the time they did Deadly Alliance the character's had no personality and were just generic (although Bo Rai Cho always makes me laugh).

Another thing that shocked me was the story. Having to take a franchise that's over 20 years old and essentially rewrite its history is no easy feat. They've managed to recreate the story without damaging what we already know about the characters, granted they did make some changes. The matches during the story did get a tad tiresome, mainly because the story and cinematics made me want to grab a bucket of popcorn and watch the game as if it were a movie. The only hangups personally were the fact that
Spoiler wrote:
Kung Lao died in the dumbest possible way
,Raiden eventually got on my nerves (as well as Liu Kang's), and the ending
Spoiler wrote:
Damn cliffhanger!!

The Challenge Tower is where the game shines. 300 challenges, each one actually managing to be different than the next. I'm really glad they included the old 'Test Your X' minigames, it adds to the retro-remembernence of the game. My favorite so far is
Spoiler wrote:
the fight between Kung Lao and Raiden called 'Hats Off!'...they fight with no heads and there's just gallons of blood gushing everywhere

My only real complaint at the moment is the online play, but I kind of expected that for the first few days (PSN is down atm anyway, so I can't comment if it's changed any). The King of the Hill matches are fun, but, just like any fighting game, people spam the shit out of their characters. Being that KotH allows players to assign a rank based on your match, you wind up dealing with shitheads who are pissed they lost (which sucks if you're going for the achievement). Other than that, there is some lag involved, which does kinda take away from the experience. Most matches are OK, but it almost seems like the game's framerate kinda shudders instead of there just being gaming lag. Still is fun, it's not bad enough to not want to play it, but enough to allow for adaptation.

They've done everything right in my book, including bringing back Dan Forden (the sound guy from the earlier games). Every time his goofy ass pops up in the toast shirt I giggle.

I've been disappointed with the franchise ever since MK:DA came out (although MK4 wasn't all that spiffy either), so I'm glad they came back to the '2D' roots (3D's great and everything, but this game is at its best in 2D). Haven't really decided who my favorite character is fightingwise, but my favorite will throughout the franchise will always be Kung Lao. Just bums me out they didn't include his old school MKII outfit.

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to play a few hours last night and had a great time in the story mode. I think I will be playing a bit more later tonight. I really like what they've done with the game.

I haven't tried the online portion of the game yet but with the story and challenge mode already this fun I really think this game is worth the money I spent on it (and I don't say this often :P)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: