ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Survivor (actual tv show) discussion- new season thoughts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the rumor....as much as I don't want it to happen, I'm preparing for the worst.

Also, I think I'm gonna throw my support this year towards a mixture of Matt/Andrea/Natalie. ^_^
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW SEASON BUMP <3

Philip and Kristina are so amazing like OH MY GOD. I was initially less than enthused about the Rob vs. Russell thing...but meh, as long as they don't over-edit them, it's alright. I am SO sad about Francesca leaving, though. Thank god they didn't cast a sassy or Cirie-esque black girl for once....breaking stereotypes ftw. <3 But she was really witty and funny and it's a shame she left so early....and I really don't have much hope for her on RI.

Oh well, Kristina/Philip domination plz. <3
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First episode was cool. Philip's phreakout was...very amusing. I like the guy though, they're trying to play him up as a fool but I find him a very smart, analytical character who's playing the game his way. Even though that might not be the best way, I've got lots of respect for him.

Kristina I don't really like, honestly. She's the opposite, she's being portrayed as this savvy player trying to take out Rob, but if she really was smart, she would have spent the first few days making friends with the majority (the dumb young people, they're always in the majority) instead of looking for the idol, which won't really get her anywhere.

Seeing Francesca go first may have been the most disappointed I've EVER been with a first elimination. She was really smart, and a good character. There's no way she's going to survive everyone on RI, so she's out for all intensive purposes. Boo.

I like what they've been doing with Rob and Russell so far, they didn't over-edit them at all. Russell's "new strategy" should be interesting, I think it's a good approach for him, even though he's still doing the 'abduct a small innocent girl' approach. Oh and Rob's quote at tribal, something along the lines of "I love playing with these ametures again, they make it so easy for me" was amazing. GO ROB GO!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really loving Andrea for some reason...can't place my finger on it.

Also, there are not enough LOLPWNTs in the world for Russell this past episode. I got pretty worried about Julie giving him a look before the final vote....but then it turned into a smug little grin, and I KNEW he was fucked. Hopefully Matt takes him out for the last time on RI next week. <3

Current winner picks based on the edit: Ralph, Andrea, Mike, Kristina
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame this thread died a bit. Last week was inteeeeeense...I'm surprised Rob has still been able to be such a schemer without anyone turning against him. He's got crazy good social skills, I suppose.

Poor Matt though

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show just hasn't been the same since Russell got voted off.

My youtube channel, which features On Tour videos, including a Band Hero DS unboxing video!

Subscribe for more videos.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season is so fucking awful.
brandonbb13  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:
This season is so fucking awful.

The standard for Survivor has been raised so high in the last few seasons. But now that this one is just mediocre in comparison to all the Survivors in history IMO, it does feel like it sucks. Shit better start happening this season

My youtube channel, which features On Tour videos, including a Band Hero DS unboxing video!

Subscribe for more videos.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whaaat?

The standard has definitely been lowered the past couple of seasons...Gabon and Nicaragua were the only true GREAT seasons since FvF, but this one, this is just an abomination that's Cook Islands level of bad.
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cast is shit. It's like they tried to pick people who just wouldn't apply their own head to the game. This is the worst season so far because half of the players haven't even been really playing.
Check out some of my guides:
Guide To Rasing SH Score Rank - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I try to make electronic music: Http://www.myspace.com/soundteq
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:
Gabon... GREAT season

Now to that, I say whaaaaaaaaat?? Gabon had like, zero characters. When one run-of-the-mill angry middle aged man is your best cast, you don't really have a good season. >_> Jeff has said it was one of his least favorite seasons too.

I've actually been enjoying this season, it's a shame others don't seem to be liking it. The last few episodes have been boring as hell with Ometepe's domination, but they've found other things to focus on to keep the show interesting. I found the focus on Steve and Phillip's conflict a few episodes ago to be very fascinating from a perspective of studying human relations. I guess that's just the Psychology student in me...but eh. I thought it was intelligent television.

If anyone actually cares...I think Rob is going to get axed at 5. I think his mates are stupid but not that stupid. I would like to see him win though. I'm a big Rob fan, I'm from the Boston area too, he went to high school with one of my cousins, I met him at a meet and greet, etc. So I have some stretch of a personal connection.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season wins because of one reason: Philip. That man was made for reality shows like this.

MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay

Not the best season ever, but I thought it was produced pretty well. Very glad to see Rob finally get his title, and glad Phil got a good 100K too.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Yay

Not the best season ever, but I thought it was produced pretty well. Very glad to see Rob finally get his title, and glad Phil got a good 100K too.

You really thought this season was good?

I have watched survivor since Day one when Sonja was the first ever person to be voted out, and I thought this season was horrible. This season was just an excuse for Rob to win. It really should have been called Survivor: Rob toys with the other people who are to stupid to do anything about it. I was so pissed when Jeff said that he played the best game ever. I thought that his brilliance was only equal to his tribes stupidity. Like they had nothing, they knew they would lose and didnt even try, it was so painful to watch. The other tribe dumped Russ and Rob's tribe just had no clue. I can't see any other way that they didn't just hand him the 1m and title. Watching Nat was pathetic and the season was only saved by Matt going as far as he did, through Phil and his wild antics and the redemption island thing was ok but it took away the panic of being casted out and being 100% out fo the game part. People got voted out and the blindside feel was very lost since they had a 2nd or 3rd chance to get back in. Took away the cut throat feel to it. And maybe im just old but the bar has steadily declined over the years with the best seasons simply being the fist 3 after my favorite season (Vanuatu).

Ha, not hard to tell i did not like the season
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:
Yay

You really thought this season was good?

Like I said, I thought the production was good, not necessarily the cast and the action. I thought the discussion of race relations in modern society was really fascinating, when all of that came up with Phillip and Steve's confrontation.

I also liked the religious/spiritual themes they presented. I absolutely loved in the last episode how they showed Matt's "god god god" stuff, then Phil's mention of "having a relationship with someone who's been dead since 1870." It was a brilliant parallel, and exposes the stupid double standard in our society- having a connection to someone who's been dead for 2000 years is perfectly normal, yet having a connection to someone who's been dead for 140 years gets you called crazy? Bullshit

The action itself was bad. But the themes they presented and the way we got to see the human psyche this season fascinated me, but like I've said before, maybe that's just the Psychology nerd in me. I thought it was intelligent television, something that's a rarity nowadays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: