ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Summer League - League threads starting soon!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: The Summer League - League threads starting soon! Reply with quote

So I was talking to Slasher about a league type thing over the summer. It's been a while since we had a weekly score rivalry here, and now it's summer and people have more time, I think it's a good time to start gauging interest.

Hope you guys are interested, I think this would definately be worth doing!

League Format

4 Rounds, each with 4 songs. There will be playoffs if there are enough signups.
No one can enter more than 3 leagues. This is to try and get maximum score input.
Picture proof is not required for main leagues, but will be required for playoffs.
Signups will be held in this thread. The separate league threads will begin once there are 16 players in each league, or by 1st July.
Please submit scores by PM to your league leader.

Leagues

Expert Guitar: Full Series League (Jleggy12)
Expert Guitar: Guitar Hero 3 (trevster10)
Expert Guitar: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (alexhaz64)
Hard Guitar: Guitar Hero: World Tour (newuser1234)
Hard Guitar: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Ba1r0g)

League Rosters

XFull Series League

Jleggy12
SlasherManEXE
VeryMetalChewie
The-B.O.D.

GH3X

trevster10
Shaffx95
SlasherManEXE
The-B.O.D.
elScarecrow
WhYYZ
augthebomb

GHWoRX

Jleggy12
SlasherManEXE
alexhaz64
VeryMetalChewie
FingerQuick
Mr.Scientist

GHWTH

LlamaYip
Jleggy12
trevster10
Shaffx95
newuser1234
Ba1r0g
elScarecrow

GHWoRH

LlamaYip
newuser1234
VeryMetalChewie
Ba1r0g

Last edited by Jleggy12 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 11 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. 4 rounds with 4 songs per week. Yes to playoffs
2. You probably should split it into games since people might not have access to all of the games and it would be a pain in the ass to accommodate everyone
3. Yes, separate the different instruments/difficulties into different threads. I'd be interested in any game most likely on hard.
4. not that i can think of...
5. i'd be willing to run a thread for a league

go leagues lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pooling ideas for a summer league type thing... Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
1. How many rounds should the league have? How many songs per week? Should it have playoffs?
2. Should the league take songs from the entire series or just a certain game? If the latter, which games?
3. Should there be multiple rivalries for different instruments/games/difficulties in different threads? Which games/instruments/difficulties would you be interested in competing in?
4. Is there any other problem or idea you have that you think should be discussed?
5. Would you be willing to run the thread or a thread for the league?

1. 4-6 rounds. 2-3 songs per week, yes.
2. There should be different leagues for different games.
3. Yes, GH5 Htar, BH Htar, BH Xtar, WoR Htar. Maybe some Hbass if there's enough interest.
4. Point breakdown.
5. I would love to run any of the 4 leagues I'm interested in.

Last edited by Ba1r0g on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Ba1r0g  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pooling ideas for a summer league type thing... Reply with quote

I hit quote instead of edit.....

Last edited by Ba1r0g on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pooling ideas for a summer league type thing... Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
1. How many rounds should the league have? How many songs per week? Should it have playoffs?
2. Should the league take songs from the entire series or just a certain game? If the latter, which games?
3. Should there be multiple rivalries for different instruments/games/difficulties in different threads? Which games/instruments/difficulties would you be interested in competing in?
4. Is there any other problem or idea you have that you think should be discussed?

1. Probably traditional leagues format would be best- four weeks, four songs a week. I'd be willing to go for longer/more songs, though. As for playoffs, it depends on how many people join. You kinda need a decent amount of people for that. :p
2. Entire series, imo
3. If you're going to include different instruments or difficulties, then yes, different threads
4. Perhaps the league format isn't the best way to approach this, and should instead be a simple rivalry? Like, a continuous, "4 songs a week for as long as you want to be in the rivalrly" kinda deal. Idk. Leagues are cool too though, I'm definitely down.
5. I would be willing, but probably only for expert guitar. (Or certain games on X guitar if it comes to that) I would certainly prefer to be a part of the league I'm running
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
trevster10  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pooling ideas for a summer league type thing... Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:

1. Probably 4 rounds, 4 per week, and yes to the playoffs if we have enough people sign up!
2. Probably the entire series. Like they've said above, it'd be hard to accomodate everyone with only 1 game.
3. Yeah, if there is interest in more than one game, it would probably need to be separated. I'd be interested in GH3/GHA mainly, maybe some others.
4. Yeah, if we do go through with a league thing, we should go over points. But it could be extremely simple. Like an easy 4, 3, 2, 1 if we need to.
5. Yes, I would definitely be able to run a thread for any of the leagues. I think I run my GH3 rivalry pretty well.

Thanks JLeggy! I really hope this goes through!

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
Come join my GH3 rivalry!
Need your "Leagues" fix? Come join the Summer Leagues!
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the replies guys I think the first question is answered, as with me that makes 5 who think 4 round is best, and I think 4 songs per week as well. Everyone also likes the idea of playoffs, so we'll do that as well. I'll remove question 1 from the list.

As for question 2, it looks like we're gonna go for more than 1 league I would like to try and do a full series one, so one will be a full series league, and I will change question 2 to which games would you like to be featured. This will also feature question 3, as it looks like the leagues will be H and XTar.

Also, it's great that all you guys want to run a league. Including me, that will be 4 other leagues, which I think is definately enough. So I will remove question 5 from the list. Once I have a few more replies about which games to go for I'll start the signups. You guys need to PM which games you want to do/run (apart from Balrog, seeing as he's already said)

Looks like this may well work
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
trevster10  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so what we're looking at right now is to have 1 full series league, and a couple of other leagues that will either be Hard or Expert guitar? Let's look at them separately.

The Full Series League: How many games would you like to include Jleggy? To me, it doesn't really matter. I don't have any of the newer games, because I don't have a newer generation console (still stuck in the past with ps2 ). I think this is a good idea, we just need to get down which games are going to be included and how it's going to work. (1 song from each game, like the "Old School" league this past season, or whatever else we would like to come up with)

To the other leagues: I believe that Guitar Hero 3 is one of the more popular games, and I think there would be enough interest for a league for this game. Expert is probably a given, and you can maybe even get a hard division out of this game for llama/newuser/and the likes.

You should probably also have Guitar Hero 2, as that seems to be another of the more popular games. Then, I'd have a couple of the newer games as well, of course. Maybe WOR, and Guitar Hero 5? Possibly Smash Hits or World Tour? Just getting some ideas out there and on paper (of the forum kind).

I'm glad you decided to do this Jleggy, and like I said, I'm here to help with anything you gotta do in setting this thing up. Here's to a successful league-type thing!

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) 4 weeks as per previous leagues seems to me to be the ideal
2) Aerosmith only - its always fallen in the gap between new and old school
3) Seriously, I am massively annoyed that the OMB leagues fell through the last 2 times out - being consistent across different instruments is more impreesive to me than being stellar at one thing
4) Nothing springs to mind
5) Sorry no.
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like a league for any of the new school games on hard--so either WT, GH5, GHSH, GHM, GHVH, GH6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to go ahead and suggest a Guitar Hero 3 Expert league. If it needs to be a "Hard" league, then that is fine as well.

Also, a Guitar Hero: Aerosmith league would be fine too if it got enough participants.

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I just lent my ps2 to my gf, I can play every game but gh1/80s and gha/sh (maybe this'll give me an excuse to get those two games on 360)

I would certainly suggest a WoR X league (which I would totally like to run), GH3 is always popular, and GH2 would be nice. Any game would probably be awesome, though. :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
i would like a league for any of the new school games on hard--so either WT, GH5, GHSH, GHM, GHVH, GH6
I would definitely participate in any of these pending my 360 status.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. As well as the full series league, there will be four other leagues. Which games/difficulties would you prefer them to be?
GH3 HARD <----- I want a squeezefest.
GH3 X
GHWT H

2. EDIT nevermind.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in for the full series. I'd also like to do the 2 that I need the most work on, Metallica and WOR.

I fully expect to come last in all 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: