ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Thinking of getting into DDR...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanTheBib  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Thinking of getting into DDR... Reply with quote

I know this forum is pretty quiet, but to anyone who's reading this, I could do with some help.

Lately I've felt pretty shit about myself, and am thinking about getting DDR to get into shape/get better at a rhythm game that isn't GH/RB. So a couple of questions:

Which game to get (I have a PS2 Slim, but would rather get it on my Xbox 360), and which pad to get?

I don't mind spending a bit extra but overall a budget of about £75 would seem reasonable (as it's what I'd spend on a new GH).

TL; DR = Which DDR to buy for Xbox 360, what pad < £75 altogether.

Now on PS3...
My Below Average Achievements
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking of getting into DDR... Reply with quote

DanTheBib wrote:
I know this forum is pretty quiet, but to anyone who's reading this, I could do with some help.

Lately I've felt pretty shit about myself, and am thinking about getting DDR to get into shape/get better at a rhythm game that isn't GH/RB. So a couple of questions:

Which game to get (I have a PS2 Slim, but would rather get it on my Xbox 360), and which pad to get?

I don't mind spending a bit extra but overall a budget of about £75 would seem reasonable (as it's what I'd spend on a new GH).

TL; DR = Which DDR to buy for Xbox 360, what pad < £75 altogether.

Honestly, i would advise you to get a USB metal dance mat like the afterburner, then download stepmania. It is dance dance revolution for the pc, completely free, and completely customisable. There are MILLIONS of songs to download for the game. Millions !!
DanTheBib  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea where to get the Afterburner? I can't find it anywhere, but have seen it in the Guitar Hero Store, but that's not functional anymore :/

Are there any other decent (slightly less pricey) alternatives? The Ignition is popular, but not metal, and a lot of people seem to have trouble with it (amazon reviews...)

And would StepMania work on my Samsung NC10 notebook without lag etc? Cuz I can get it to play GH (dunno how but it does haha) but it only gets like 40fps :/
Now on PS3...
My Below Average Achievements
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanTheBib wrote:
Any idea where to get the Afterburner? I can't find it anywhere, but have seen it in the Guitar Hero Store, but that's not functional anymore :/

Are there any other decent (slightly less pricey) alternatives? The Ignition is popular, but not metal, and a lot of people seem to have trouble with it (amazon reviews...)

And would StepMania work on my Samsung NC10 notebook without lag etc? Cuz I can get it to play GH (dunno how but it does haha) but it only gets like 40fps :/

I'd say at this point, your best bet is probably ebay. Have a look around.

You might wanna try the Cobalt Flux and BlueShark dance pads. These are usuall cheap and very effective.

And here is an idea too. You might wanna PM Iamchris4life. He was a grand master for DDR/StepMania for a LONG time before he went to GH/RB. I'm sure he will have some suggestions too...Maybe XD

Hey, i had SM working on a computer from 1995 running the latest SM without any lag. I'm sure NC01 will handle it perfectly. I myself am using a Samsung R60plus, and its flawless.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluesharks used to be phenomenal, but they went down the shitter. I'm working on modifying my Afterburner pad to be as close to an arcade pad as possible. The pad works different than a blue shark/arcade pad, there's no pressure sensors. The top of the arrow has aluminum foil, and when you press down, it makes contact with the hot and ground of a contact, registering the arrow. My goal is to remove the aluminum foil, and epoxy some body washers to the bottom of the arrow. Basically thick metal so that if you just barely tap the arrow, it touches the contacts and it registers.

With that mod, it very well may be the best, cheapest metal pad that exists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: