ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FSG To Remain Open, Work On "new, innovative project"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Champiness  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: FSG To Remain Open, Work On "new, innovative project&qu Reply with quote

http://theherofeed.com/2889/freestylegames-to-remain-open/#more-2889
I'm confused as to what this means for DJ Hero.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: FSG To Remain Open, Work On "new, innovative projec Reply with quote

Champiness wrote:
http://theherofeed.com/2889/freestylegames-to-remain-open/#more-2889
I'm confused as to what this means for DJ Hero.
It means this isn't DJ Hero. Rather, the news is pretty much saying FSG is still alive after the complete cancellation of Guitar Hero's developer's and Bizarre Creations (are they the same devs? Idk).

I don't care if FSG is making some Final Fantasy RPG or a racing game, as long as they are still alive is AMAZING news nonetheless

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....FSG is up and running, which is good for the company, but as for DJ Hero being brought back...well, according to this latest article, we may not see DJ Hero revived for another 2 or 3 years

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/22/activision-publishing-ceo-eric-hirshberg-on-true-crime-bizarre/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So what's the goal for bringing it back? "If we can generate meaningful innovation and meaningful reinvention, we will bring it back," Hirshberg said. "But what we couldn't afford to continue doing was putting out iterative improvements of the same idea because that idea had run out of gas in the marketplace."

Now that's what I'm looking to hear! I don't mind waiting so long as
a) There actually is another one to look forward to.
b) I can count on it being a quality product!

I'd also like to draw attention to one of the comments on the article:
Quote:
I still think the reason why DJ Hero didn't take off is because it was part of the Hero Cluster of 09. If they probably held off on its release or bumped away the releases of Band Hero and Van Halen, it probably would have done better.

In my opinion overexposure was definitely a big problem for the Hero games. Activision needs to tone it down a little! Focus on quality instead of quantity and you can ensure a healthy franchise which yields steady returns.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do have a point Champiness, i mean at least having the franchise still on hold means it's still alive in some way shape of form...and to be honest i can wait 2 or 3 years, i've got Assassin's Creed Revelations, Uncharted 3, InFamous 1 and 2, and many other games to occupy my time before the release of DJ Hero 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: