ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Baltimore, MD - Wednesdays at Fletcher's CANCELED AGAIN
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricecake  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Baltimore, MD - Wednesdays at Fletcher's CANCELED AGAIN Reply with quote

Edit (2008-01-30): Due to increasing time constraints for school and work, as well as the low turnout and planned remodeling of Fletchers, we are no longer planning to continue this event. I would like to thank everybody who made it out, and to keep on rockin'!

Wednesdays at Fletcher's is back in business! Now hosted by my girlfriend Tracy and myself.

Every Wednesday night at Fletcher's (near Fell's Point) we have GH1, GH2, GH80s, GH3, and/or Rock Band up on the projector in the back of the bar. Game choice is dictated by crowd response, though we usually tend towards the newer games. GH1 usually doesn't last too long since the multiplayer options aren't as rich and people of different skill levels tend to play together.

http://www.fletchersbar.com/

If you have MySpace, the original organizer (Jeff the DJ) set up a MySpace group for it, but membership is only at 7 right now:

http://groups.myspace.com/fletchersguitarheroes

Thanks, and hope to see you out there!

Last edited by ricecake on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 21 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: ricecake138
emptyset  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm going to move this to Tournaments, but I've been to Fletcher's before for shows and it seems like a cool venue for GH. I'll try to get down there sometime when I'm home next (if it's being held still by then).

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
Hey, I'm going to move this to Tournaments, but I've been to Fletcher's before for shows and it seems like a cool venue for GH. I'll try to get down there sometime when I'm home next (if it's being held still by then).

Cool, I was thinking about posting it in Tournaments, but I chose General Discussion since the tournaments haven't started yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it only 21+? If it isn't, my brother and I might be able to come out sometimes.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerojon88 wrote:
Is it only 21+? If it isn't, my brother and I might be able to come out sometimes.

Actually, I think you might be right, but the last few times I've been they haven't checked IDs. I think they might only check on weekends, but no guarantees.

We actually had a mini tournament tonight (Medium and Expert), but there were only two people in each tournament... It was more of a test to see how it will work out. Hopefully more people will show up in the future and we'll be able to have real brackets.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well then I might check it out. I guess the worst that would happen is I would be told I can't get in. My brother is over 21, but I'm only 19.
LoboRage  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every wednesday night only? Anything on the weekends?
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoboRage wrote:
Every wednesday night only? Anything on the weekends?

I don't know of anything on the weekends, but I'll double-check and get back to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd definitely be interested in something like that each wednesday, i'll have to get down there sometime.....the only problem would be if they checked id's cuz i'm not 21 yet.
lassise  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats lame if they check id's for a video game contest. fletcher's doesnt do it for most shows, its usually just a cover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen them checking IDs since it started. But, the Guitar Hero happens in the back of the bar, not in the concert area upstairs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Annapolis, I bet every now and again I could come by, my brother lives in Baltimore I'll talk to him about it
kingdiesel  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what time do you guys get started usually?
ricecake  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingdiesel wrote:
what time do you guys get started usually?

Usually it runs from 9 PM until midnight. This past week, the place was pretty dead so we kept it going until closing (2 AM) (usually the bar wants Jeff to start DJ'ing after the GH is finished). Needless to say, I was hurting at work on Thursday

Since the 4th of July is on Wednesday this year, Jeff had two ideas; either canceling it, which would suck, or starting late so that people can watch the fireworks. He thinks if we start late, then maybe more people will see it walking back from the fireworks and they will be interested in it enough to come hang out for it. Last time I talked to him, he seemed to be leaning more on the starting late side of the fence.

If you're on MySpace, Jeff said he would be posting an announcement about what's going on for the 4th on the group page (linked in the first post), but he's slack so he might forget

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH is canceled this week for the holiday. It should resume as normal next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: