ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Pro Customs/Phase Shift

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Pro Customs/Phase Shift Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone is still interested in the idea of playing pro customs. So I thought I best make a topic to discuss it.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this under software is because of how easy it now is to make pro customs and play them on your PC and I believe the software needed is now available on MAC and Linux.

What is needed:
REAPER (with RBN2 Plugin) - To create the tempo map, and create guitar, bass, Co-op guitar, Rhythm guitar (and however many other guitar parts you want), drums, pro drums, vocals, vocal harmonies, key and pro keys

EoF (Latest Version) - to make Pro guitar/bass parts (you may also be able to make Pro charts of rhythm guitar and other guitar parts you may wish to make.

Phase Shift - To play your songs

Pro guitar/pro keys/pro drums (or 2 standard drum kits mapped to 1 controller.

I've started making these pro customs out of some of my more popular charts, and improving some of my old charts in the same manner.

So my question is, Who's still interested??
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested, but spend more time programming than playing Rock Band lately. I would, however, like to mention that EOF can do all of what you listed for Reaper except for making harmonies and pro keys tracks. Lastly, your avatar image host is down.
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, uh... What exactly are we supposed to be discussing? Other than "yes I am," that is?

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm basically asking is are people making pro customs/interested in pro customs. And if so, how many people? also i don't own any pro controllers, so i have no idea how most of it works, I'm doing most of the charts based on my own knowledge of guitar and what i've seen of pro charts on youtube.

And I know EoF can do all of those but I prefer reaper because of it's much more user friendly interface and it's far superior tempo mapping feature.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested to know how the tempo mapping in Reaper is better, I've heard the opposite from people, and I don't see how it's possible to get much easier or more accurate than clicking and dragging beat markers to match up with a waveform graph.
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's pretty much what reaper is, the only difference being you can zoom in with reaper, then again, you might be able to in EoF, like i said before, I hate the user interface. But results speak for themselves. I have used many different charting programs, and reaper, for me at least, has produced by far the best results in a far quicker time than Feedback, EoF or the FoF built in song editor.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on what you're used to I suppose. EOF has 10 zoom levels, the highest being where one pixel represents one millisecond, and the waveform graph zooms in with the rest of the chart. Each editing application has its own strengths, but I think we can all agree that the built in song editor that came with old versions of FoF was among the worst.
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adstermoore wrote:
That's pretty much what Reaper is, the only difference being you can zoom in with Reaper; then again, you might be able to in EoF, like I said before, I hate the user interface. But results speak for themselves. I have used many different charting programs, and Reaper, for me at least, has produced by far the best results in a far quicker time than Feedback, EoF or the FoF built in song editor.

This sums up my experience as well. The learning curve for Reaper might be a bit higher, since it's not designed specifically for customs like dB or EoF, but in the long run it's quite nice. Once I figured out how to sync quickly there was really no need to use more than one program to chart a song from start to finish (using anchors for quick sync were really the only reason I was still using dB).

As far as "who's making Pro customs," I've been sticking with just Pro Drums and a couple with Keyboard when I can find a good tab. Seeing as I neither play a real guitar nor own a Pro Guitar controller, I haven't had any desire to put the ridiculous amount of time into Pro Guitar or Bass that a proper chart would need. I try to stick to a "do it right or don't do it at all" mantra.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually having a bit of a problem with pro drums, I think it's a glitch with the plugin, but when I try and do a pro drum chart, the cymbals don't appear, but if i pause, then play again, they do appear, do you ever get this.

And anchors are useful, but I personally son't like to put them in when I first make a chart in case I want to change something, I normally never get round to putting them in.

And how do you zoom in EoF??
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plus and minus keys on the numpad section of your keyboard, or alternatively you can use Edit menu.
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers, I'll try that later and see how it works in comparison with Reaper
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread might help on the RB side of ScoreHero...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
This thread might help on the RB side of ScoreHero...

thanks for the link! This thread does seem to be unaware (from what I've read so far) of how easy it has become now. In the first post is says "only possible on a JTaged 360" which is of course not true, and they seem to be trying to right the Real Guitar part in a bizarre way. But I will read on to see if anyone has noticed the much easier way of doing it, if not, i will link them here.
daviddiong  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm kinda coming in late in the game... but is there any chance some of you folks could upload the RBN2 plugin for Reaper? Pretty Please....

I tried the Rock band site... no luck.. their site is down... hopefully not for good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: