ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Team Fortress 2 Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Don't mind me, just kicking ass and taking names

heavy = easymode
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
I'll definitely join. I'm new to TF2, so it'll be cool to be a part of a budding community.

Am I eligible to apply for leadership? I like to think of myself as a responsible person, and I have enough free time to help out.

Absolutely! Apply on the site and I can guarantee you we will accept, lol. Also, here are the server IP's:

24/7 Badwater/Goldrush: 72.5.195.96:27015
24/7 Freight/Coldfront: 216.52.143.10:27015
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to make a SH night. The only bad thing about this game is that it's definitely a team game, so going in solo isn't all that fun, especially when you get stuck with a not-so-good team.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played a lot of medic tonight on Fenter's MAV servers, and ended with This. Not sure how good that is in Medic terms, and me and another heavy were pretty much unstoppable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Played a lot of medic tonight on Fenter's MAV servers, and ended with This. Not sure how good that is in Medic terms, and me and another heavy were pretty much unstoppable.

Yeah server crashed, which is why it evacuated from 24 players to like, 4. At least, some sort of hiccup occured, and mostly everybody lost connection, myself included. Sad day because things were going well, but the server seems to be practically filling itself so that's nice. Me or shk will have to look into that issue and see if we can figure out what happened.

EDIT: And yeah, a SH night would be fun. Who would be interested and when?
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

Yeah server crashed, which is why it evacuated from 24 players to like, 4. At least, some sort of hiccup occured, and mostly everybody lost connection, myself included. Sad day because things were going well, but the server seems to be practically filling itself so that's nice. Me or shk will have to look into that issue and see if we can figure out what happened.

EDIT: And yeah, a SH night would be fun. Who would be interested and when?

Damn, that sucks. It was going really good.

I would prefer weekends, since when college starts back up in august, that's probably the only time I'll have enough time to stay and play for a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my new laptop today and will download and play TF2 sometime tonight. Suspect, I will join he Mav servers as well.

suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shikka wrote:
Got my new laptop today and will download and play TF2 sometime tonight. Suspect, I will join he Mav servers as well.

Sweet!

Valve just released some more crates full of strange weapons, crate series 24 was full of spy items. Naturally, I had to get myself a strange knife.

Qarx  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
I'll definitely join. I'm new to TF2, so it'll be cool to be a part of a budding community.

Am I eligible to apply for leadership? I like to think of myself as a responsible person, and I have enough free time to help out.

Same here. Not too familiar with the ins and outs of playing this game yet, like what might be the best class(es) for me, or the best way to use said class. Finding out how to earn certain Achievements would be cool, too .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
We need to make a SH night. The only bad thing about this game is that it's definitely a team game, so going in solo isn't all that fun, especially when you get stuck with a not-so-good team.

SteamID: McSkinnySH, add me whomever. Teammates are always nice!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
Eyce  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
Shikka wrote:

Sweet!

Valve just released some more crates full of strange weapons, crate series 24 was full of spy items. Naturally, I had to get myself a strange knife.

[/jealousy]
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tend to try and fill the MAV servers at night...some nights take longer than others to get going. Last night I almost thought it was going to be a complete bust but eventually it got going and we had a full server for 3 or 4 hours. If history is any guide, it will get much easier over the next few weeks if we can fill consistently.

So that being said... If you guys want to play with fellow SH'ers, I think a great way to do it would be to hop on in the evening when we are trying to get things going. You can join our Steam group at the link below, we make announcements when we try and fill up. Alternatively you can add me on Steam (suspectfenster) and I'll send you an invite to the game, but sometimes i"m not around to fill so the group is the better choice.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/maverickgaming

And if you enjoy your stay, come check out the forums at mavgaming.com. We really need people posting and stuff so we can start building the community.

MARKETING POST OVER, LET'S PLAY TF2 AND HAVE FUN :>
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, have any of you noticed that select maps suddenly have crashed rockets in them? I just heard about this, but no one really knows what they are or why they're there. Apparently, the only thing anyone knows for sure is that they're called "Grockets".

Here's a video showing them in "action".

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah lots of speculation as to the meaning of these but of course nobody really has any idea. I'm sure it's a hint at some future update, I sort of doubt it's Meet the Pyro but who knows. With any luck engineer will get some love this time around.
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at some comments on the videos and there seems to be this speculation of a "Trash update", where these so called "Grockets" are garbage rockets. I don't really play TF2 that much but it's interesting to see what some people think.

In the video that Qarx linked, a guy linked to this video, and some interesting things were noticed.

Quote:
0:39 Go 720p HD and full screen.

The soldier shooting at the heavy with the tomislav is using the GARBAGE ROCKET LAUNCHER from the dumpster pack that someone submitted as a polycount contest entry!

Straight after that where you see 2 pyros and a soldier coming out of spawn, the soldier is wearing the hat from the dumpster set.

And all those mysterious "Grockets" that have been landing recently?

Garbage-Rocket.

Incoming garbage update, you heard it here first.

Soopagman 10 hours ago 8

Not really sure what to think about this
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: