ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Breakdown of Anything on Drums- Broken? (GHWT, others?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeEettzz96  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Breakdown of Anything on Drums- Broken? (GHWT, others?) Reply with quote

I have spent a lot of time on the song Anything by An Endless Sporadic. The first couple times I played it, I failed on Quick Riff 1 (and no, I don't suck, I just FGFCd GHWT ). And there was also a lot of sections that I couldn't hit for the life of me.
I tried looking up topics, but I could only find one, and it wasn't in depth enough. I decided to start a topic of my own. I already know how to hit most of the sections, I am just convinced this song is broken. I'll do my best to explain the ones that I know.

Long, Sweet Ambient Intro- Not broken

Quick Riff 1- A lot of tempo changes here. It's a little fast after the first ORP part, but then slows down after the next ORP. After the roll, it really slows down, but then speeds up again on the next roll. But the catch is, you gotta hit everything late. The hard part about hitting this is keeping an eye on the tempo while trying to hit everything late. Hard stuff.

Hook 1- Pretty easy, but those double kicks have been known to miss a couple times. It keeps a steady tempo, but going into Quick Riff 2, the speed slows down a lot.

Quick Riff 2- Almost the same as Quick Riff 1. Same deal, just a little bit slower than the first one. Also, at the end of the second roll, there is a RP note that I miss a lot. Still don't know how to hit that. I might play around with it later. After all that, there is the first WTF Fill. To my understanding, this fill is not broken, just hard as hell to hit.

Bridge- Not broken.

Bridge Solo- Not broken.

Hook 2- Not broken.

Black Widow Breakdown- Not too hard. Just a little off beat oranges in the beginning.

Blizzard of Thoth 1- Pretty tricky. You have to hit everything EXTREMLY on time. The tempo slows down near the end, so keep your eyes open for that.

Blizzard of Thoth 2- You have to hit everything late here. Harder than it sounds, trust me. And there is also a part in that section that goes P OP P P OR. You have to hit the first pedal early. Yeaaaaa.

Beautiful Lead 1- Not too hard. Near the beginning, there are two notes, P Y. These are broken. To hit these, you have to pretend it was one YP note. After that, you just have to hit everything extremly on time.

Beautiful Lead 2 / Solo- You have to hit everything late.

Blizzard of Thoth 3- Same deal as BoT2. The end is a little different, but easy. Just hit it on time.

Interlude- Tricky, but just hit it on time.

Zakk Goes Wylde- WTF. I have no idea how to hit the second WTF Fill. But in the beginning, the tempo speeds up and you have to hit it late. Do that until the fast green rolls. You can't abuse the timing window here. You have to hit them on time, but late. o_0 Again, do that until the WTF Fill. I have no idea how to hit it. I tried almost everything. The closest I came to FCing the fill, I hit it slightly late. But this is the only section I didn't FC yet

Blizzard of Thoth 4- You have to hit this on time. Near the end, when the triplet kicks come in, the tempo slows down a LOT. You also have to hit these late. Again, harder than it sounds. After that is a hard fill, but FCable in every way. Over that fill is a starpower phrase that disappears in an actual run. There is no known way to get this.

Outro- Not too hard, but there is one more thing you gotta remember. When the triplet kicks come in, after the fourth RO note, the tempo slows down. After all the triplet kicks, there is a pause, then a quick red roll. You have to hit all of this on time.

Thank you for reading this, and if there is any easier way to hit these, or a way to hit the second WTF Fill, I beg you to tell me. It would be much appreciated.

BTW, note count is off by about 200. o_0 someguy913 got 81%.

Last edited by SkeEettzz96 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya GH:WT note count is definitely off. Probably by a bit more than 200.

Also, it may be broken on GH:WT (I'm not sure. Never played it with DLC) but I can tell you on GH WoR it's perfectly fine. Granted I also normally play Expert+ so I can't say for sure, but regardless I normally get 97-98% without hitting anything late, early etc. etc.

On a side note, I haven't hit the 2nd WTF fill either. Maybe I'll try it on expert later today and let you know if it's any different on the WoR engine.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Anything" on GH:WT is pretty much broken in the same way as the songs in GH5 that have Expert+. On regular Expert, the timing window for any bass notes that would've been followed by another bass note on Expert+ is way off. Nothing in the song is entirely broken, (I recall Rtsdeathreaper saying he randomly hit the second fill once) but it's incredibly hard to play the bass notes just right, especially during the Zakk Goes Wylde fill.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
SkeEettzz96  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:
"Anything" on GH:WT is pretty much broken in the same way as the songs in GH5 that have Expert+. On regular Expert, the timing window for any bass notes that would've been followed by another bass note on Expert+ is way off. Nothing in the song is entirely broken, (I recall Rtsdeathreaper saying he randomly hit the second fill once) but it's incredibly hard to play the bass notes just right, especially during the Zakk Goes Wylde fill.

Yea, I hear it's not broken on BH or Wor, not sure about GH5 though. I'm just hoping to find a way to hit the second fill on WT, or that's gonna bug the piss out of me lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire problem as it's currently understood is that in GH:WT the song already actually had expert+ charting, and suffers (BADLY) from the notorious Expert+ glitch that plagued GH5.

Makes you wonder why WT and 5 have the glitch, but apparently GHM and SH and VH do not...

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:

Yeah I do remember hitting the 2nd fill in practice. Of what I can recall it did take me a long time to hit, I was only able to hit it once, and hitting the notes very late helped (I think :P). I'm surprised you still remember as well Tim

You're definitely better off trying to FC it in BH/WOR if you have any of those games, the difficulty in WT/GH5 isn't really worth the hassle.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
SkeEettzz96  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtsdeathreaper wrote:
WarlordTm wrote:

Yeah I do remember hitting the 2nd fill in practice. Of what I can recall it did take me a long time to hit, I was only able to hit it once, and hitting the notes very late helped (I think :P). I'm surprised you still remember as well Tim

You're definitely better off trying to FC it in BH/WOR if you have any of those games, the difficulty in WT/GH5 isn't really worth the hassle.

I thought the GH5 version was fine :o Oh well, looks like I`m not FCing it on WT D: And yea I tried it on WoR and got 98% on an RB1 stock kit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeEettzz96 wrote:
I thought the GH5 version was fine :o Oh well, looks like I`m not FCing it on WT D: And yea I tried it on WoR and got 98% on an RB1 stock kit.

GH5 has the infamous broken engine where you have to play every bass note which would have double bass in X+ very late. The fills aren't broken as they are in WT but playing every X+ bass note late is a real pain, so it's still a lot harder than BH/WOR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
Makes you wonder why WT and 5 have the glitch, but apparently GHM and SH and VH do not...

The most logical explanation I can think of is that for every song in GH:SH, GH:M and GH:VH (a.k.a. games using the WT-engine 2.0), they made the Expert and Expert+ charts by hand, whereas for GH5, they created some program/parser which uses the Expert+ chart as a basis and dumbs down any double bass sections for the Expert charts automatically. I'm assuming there was some sort of flaw in the program, which somehow altered the timing window of the bass notes that were left after deleting the "excess" bass notes from the Expert+ chart.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:
Tagrineth wrote:

The most logical explanation I can think of is that for every song in GH:SH, GH:M and GH:VH (a.k.a. games using the WT-engine 2.0), they made the Expert and Expert+ charts by hand, whereas for GH5, they created some program/parser which uses the Expert+ chart as a basis and dumbs down any double bass sections for the Expert charts automatically. I'm assuming there was some sort of flaw in the program, which somehow altered the timing window of the bass notes that were left after deleting the "excess" bass notes from the Expert+ chart.

That makes a ton of sense!

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
SkeEettzz96  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:
Nothing in the song is entirely broken

Beautiful Lead 1 has a broken YP note.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeEettzz96 wrote:
WarlordTm wrote:
Nothing in the song is entirely broken

Beautiful Lead 1 has a broken YP note.

Yes, but I meant there's nothing in the song that's 100% unhittable, a.k.a. guarantueed to break combo whatever you try. So technically, it's not impossible to FC Anything on GH:WT... but I wish good luck to anyone who'd try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: