Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Updating our Wiki: a rather intensive project
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Updating our Wiki: a rather intensive project Reply with quote

I know that Scorehero as a whole is starting to decline somewhat in regards to user activity, and that's expected, I know. However, I feel that, at some point, some of us are gonna have to go through here and archive things on the wiki for posterity and the like, as well as make sure that any interesting pages (Interesting information about GH/RB, GH/RB timelines, etc.) are kept up-to-date. And I do kinda hope to be the start of this.

This will be pretty damn long work, especially considering how much data we might have to slog through (and all the hours of playing songs we'd never play otherwise), but I do feel like it'd be worth it as a community if we could make sure that we've got all that we need archived to look at later.

I think I'm starting to ramble a bit here, so I'd like to get to the point of asking for help. This has been started quite a few times, and I know I'm not holding a lot of hope for it to be kept afloat, but I'm willing to work on it when I can, for the benefit of Scorehero itself, and Scorehero's community.

As it stands, of course, I'd be working on it alone for now, but if people are willing to pull up data for many of the wiki topics that need updating, or would want to update them themselves, it'd be really great. If you'd want incentives, then sorry, I can't give you anything other than the satisfaction of knowing that you helped in your own way for this community.

For now, I'll just list most of the topics that need updating (so there'll be a lot <_<. Once I can think of a good way to organize it (or if someone can think of one!), I'll implement it as soon as I can. Most of these will either go to "Completely updated" or "Continous updates", depending on whether or not it'll need to be updated on a regular basis.

Wiki pages that need updating:
List of Songs in Guitar Hero and Rock Band
Most Represented Bands
List of Songs with the crowd singing
Loading Screens
Guitar Hero Accomplishment Timeline
Scorehero Bands
Scorehero History (when mods are made/step down, user milestones, etc.)
Scorehero Listings Guide (Maybe? Someone would have to explain what this is for)
Avatar Party (most likely only as new avatars are submitted
Abbreviations
Stubs Category
Master Song List
Master Song List (Guitar Hero) by Album (Presumably just needs to be updated to the last DLC released)
DLC
Scorehero's Definitive List of Guides (OH SO MUCH! Especially needs RB guides added, possibly as a separate section)
SP/OD path (this will take the longest, undoubtedly. Especially since my goal is to have at least one path available for viewing for all songs and all different combinations)

Wiki Pages currently being worked on and updated:
Interesting Information About Guitar Hero - Voidedalive2x, et al (I suppose I'll be doing most of the editing while everyone else will supply the info)
List of DLC for Guitar Hero - Cabanon
Games Category - Voidedalive2x (I can really work in earnest once I know of a base we'd use for the games that need to be added.)

Wiki Pages that will need updates on a regular basis:
Guitar Hero Banners - Updated by me weekly/every 3 days, based on frequency of banners posted

Wiki Pages that have been brought up to date:

Again, this will be a LONG, LONG project, and it may not even be finished if Scorehero has to shut down before then or participation fades out enough. However, if we can shave down the list of un-updated to those that would probably take a long while to truly get done (or most of those that would require someone other than me to deal with), we can at least pat ourselves on the back for getting that much done. Who knows, we may get to the point where the only thing left is getting all the SP paths in, and THAT would be a job well done!

Last edited by voidedalive2x on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:55 am; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
List of DLC for Guitar Hero

how do you want it ? sorted by Date ? Band ? Game ? Console ? Pack ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feh, there isn't anything in the thing at all -_-.

I think it'd be better to sort it by pack or by date. Which one i'm not sure, as I can't think of which one would be the best (like which one has better pros), but I do think those two would be the best choices.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
ghp0wn3r  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably just me, seeing as you seem really on top of this, but smoky fc'ed Don't go awaqy mad almost a year ago. It isn't mentioned on the un-fc'ed songs of rock band page, at least when I looked at it, maybe i didn't look in the right place though.

EDIT: And i know i'm obviously not a mod or staff or anything, but if there's anything i can do, even if it's simply surfing through the stuff looking for mistakes or stuff that needs to be updated, i'd be more than willing to help with whatever i can!

Fug wrote:
MOM is the easiest imo. The only hard part about the song is listening to it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DRG Ay J4y
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dole has everything in his unFC'd Guitar thread; I just need to to transfer what he's got there into the wiki page.

Cabanon: Are you working on adding all the DLC for the GH side?

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghp0wn3r wrote:
EDIT: And i know i'm obviously not a mod or staff or anything, but if there's anything i can do, even if it's simply surfing through the stuff looking for mistakes or stuff that needs to be updated, i'd be more than willing to help with whatever i can!

Why do you need to be a mod for that?

But yes, if you can point out anything, leave a comment her and in the page itself, and we'll try to fix it if we can.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:

sure i can. i just need to figure out how to add them, never worked with Wiki in the past. i might need a little tutorial or something.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
ghp0wn3r wrote:

Why do you need to be a mod for that?

But yes, if you can point out anything, leave a comment her and in the page itself, and we'll try to fix it if we can.

Well i was just making sure, cause it seems like everyone working on that stuff is a Freebird or scorehero staff, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't corossing any boundaries.

Fug wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DRG Ay J4y
ghp0wn3r  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that under the accomplishment tieline, you should list the first expert ttfaf fc? It's only really metioned with baseballkid7 fgfcing gh3.

Maybe include Marbler's fsfc?

In terms of the un-fced songs in rock band, it was fc'ed almost a year ago...but i dunno if the person is a member of scorehero. her's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFZK7tvWmrs

After checking, he is a member. Crawl has also been fc'ed since, so has the great southern trendkill. So the unfc-ed page would need to be updated.

That's all that I found for now, hope it helps :P

Fug wrote:
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
voidedalive2x wrote:

sure i can. i just need to figure out how to add them, never worked with Wiki in the past. i might need a little tutorial or something.

forgot to ask if you want the GH3 DLC-era first or you want the WoR DLC-era first. like from GH3->WoR or WoR->GH3.

EDIT: does it looks right ? http://wiki.scorehero.com/CategoryDLC-GuitarHero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote in chronological order top to bottom. GH3 stuff first.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, i will add the date as the PSN date that is written. someone will have to double check with the Xbox date as well. i'll need to have the GH2 DLC-era date and track pack as well as the 360 exclusive DLC only.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
i vote in chronological order top to bottom. GH3 stuff first.

I agree with this. GH2-WOR should be the order.

As for ordering, yeah, do them by date, as well. So it'd be game>date released (maybe by the first release date of either PS3/360? I suppose it wouldn't matter for most if they're released on the same day), and then have the songs be in alphabetical order.

Don't forget to add a special note to certain DLC (like Dropkick Murphys) that these aren't available for download anymore as they were special holiday DLC.

EDIT: deleted anything RB-related, moved DLC (GH) to the "currently being worked on" section.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, no problems guys. will try to do more tonight. like i said, someone will have to step up and lend me or update the wiki for the 360 exclusive GH2 DLC, exclusive GH3 DLC Halo Theme, and the WoR pack. i will list by Game GH2-WoR, then by date, whether its ps3/360/wii first, then alphabetical.

im not perfect and like i said, i'll list them by the PSN date they are giving. if you wanna change it later because i made a mistake, please do so.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the GH3 SP path pages all have links to debr's site, which is out of date and (for me, at least) comes up as a false positive virus site or whatever, so I'll be more than happy to add text paths to those if I'm granted access and figure things out

EDIT: Here's the 3's & 7's Expert page. I added a text path as well as updated the links for other paths from debr's site to SlowHero. If anyone has any suggestions for what else I should put on, that would be great

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: