ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rocksmith hammer on off question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trrads  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Rocksmith hammer on off question Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have a question on the techniques section, specifically the hammer on-off session.

As you progress through this exercise, there is a section where you are playing on the low E (red) string and there is a complex series that starts with the 3rd fret followed quickly by what appears to be an open string note, but I noticed that there is also a hammer on the 5th fret at what appears to be the same moment in time.

What am I missing here? Is it actually a quick open string immediately followed by a 5th fret hammer on? If so, why don't they just put the hammer on immediately after the open string instead of what appears to be right on top of it?

Thanks. I hope this is clear.
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trrads - Welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with that section, but I will go home later and check it out for ya and get back to you on it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
trrads  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks!
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@trrads - Is the section you are referring to displayed in the below video around the 3:24 mark?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdoM5ZG638

If so, that is a hammer from 3 to 5 (G to A) on the low E string followed by an open (E) strummer.

-----------

If you are talking about the section at 3:29, that figure appearing on the open note is to let you know it is a pull off vs a strum... I got 100% and played it as:

3 (G) pull off to open (E), open (E) hammer to 3 (G) hammer to 5 (A), open (E), open (E) hammer to 3 (G) hammer to 5 (A), open (E).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: