ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Apples to Apples on XBL Arcade (FIX UR GAEM!!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Confury  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Apples to Apples on XBL Arcade (FIX UR GAEM!!) Reply with quote

This game just came out on XBL today, not sure if it came out worldwide yet or just in the US. I hadn't heard of the game before until some friends in IRC told me about it. Anyway, it's supposed to be a really fun game to play with other people and it's only $10 in the game marketplace. Me and a few others have already bought it.

As for SH nights, since this is a game best enjoyed with friends, I was thinking of doing something every night if people are available. I'm personally available to play all day right now usually between 10 AM - 10 PM. Tell us when you're free to play and I'll organize it in this post.

Confury: 10 AM - 10 PM Central Time

Also, I'll try and upload a video of me and a few people playing so you can see what the game is all about (hopefully I can get our voices recorded too).

Last edited by Confury on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to use my US account to grab this as it doesn't seem like its out here (and it wouldn't surprise me if its not). Eventually got to play a game with conbooboo and elks. Woo Apples!

The single player isn't too crash hot, and is rather short (only really had troubles with the last level purely because the clown is... a clown >_>), but then again Apples To Apples isn't exactly a single player game. If you're picking this up, its for the multiplayer aspect fo sho.

What I really want is some golden apples to use. Really intrigued by their existance in this. Looks like they're supposed to be unlocked by winning games online which seems silly to me.

I'd give you an availability time, but I live in funky timezone land, and Confury can usually just poke me on IRC anyways if I'm about. Wheeee.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it compare to the card game?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. GT is below. I'm usually available from around 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Central.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do SH nights I might be down for that, although I'll be busy and/or out of town (without my xbox) until January.
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
How does it compare to the card game?
Well, it plays exactly like the card game, but just on a 360 heh. One can play the traditional apples that everybody knows and loves, but there's also the ability to add golden apples into the mix.

Assuming golden apples are on, you're able to pick up in your hand any golden apples you've unlocked (they unlock as you win games online at increments of 5). Before playing your red apple you can choose to use a golden apple currently in your hand to change a couple things around. The only ones I have unlocked are Every Apple For Themselves where you just steal a point from someone who isn't the judge, and Rotten Apple which locks someone out of the game just for the next round they're not judge. Haven't won enough games yet to unlock any of the other 4, but I assume they're pretty nifty too. Adds a nice little twist to the game imo.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, sounds pretty neat. PS3 version available?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp...I hate to say this about a game I just bought (and got a few others to buy...) but the game both has a lot of problems online and isn't quite as fun as I thought it would be. There seems to be a lot of problems connecting to other people when trying to set up a game. It took me and a few others like, 30-45 minutes just to get a couple games in because we had to keep re-inviting over and over due to people dropping from the game lobby. Also, when creating a lobby, you're able to set "private slots" for friends, but they don't work at all. You could make all available slots private, and random people will still join. Plus, a max of 6 people really isn't a lot IMO. But then again, good luck finding enough people to fill an entire lobby even with 6 total slots (it's pretty rare unless you have 5 friends wanting to play).

Finally, the core game itself. It can be funny, really funny even. Certain word combinations can get you and your friends laughing pretty hard. But that only lasts so long since after awhile, you get the same word combinations over and over again. And often times, no one has any red cards to go with the green card and be funny at all. It's pretty hit or miss. I get more laughs when playing other games with friends.

So yeah, I don't think I'll be trying to set up many more SH nights if it's going to be like this everytime. Constant connection issues and a low replay value.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best part of A2A is being the worst judge ever on purpose.

So much hate to go around.

DPooch  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definitely getting this and playing it with my friends. It's so much fun in person, so I really hope it compares.

I hope Anne Frank is a card, because she's the answer to everything.

Edit: Actually read the long post.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confury wrote:
Welp...I hate to say this about a game I just bought (and got a few others to buy...) but the game both has a lot of problems online and isn't quite as fun as I thought it would be. There seems to be a lot of problems connecting to other people when trying to set up a game. It took me and a few others like, 30-45 minutes just to get a couple games in because we had to keep re-inviting over and over due to people dropping from the game lobby. Also, when creating a lobby, you're able to set "private slots" for friends, but they don't work at all. You could make all available slots private, and random people will still join. Plus, a max of 6 people really isn't a lot IMO. But then again, good luck finding enough people to fill an entire lobby even with 6 total slots (it's pretty rare unless you have 5 friends wanting to play).

Finally, the core game itself. It can be funny, really funny even. Certain word combinations can get you and your friends laughing pretty hard. But that only lasts so long since after awhile, you get the same word combinations over and over again. And often times, no one has any red cards to go with the green card and be funny at all. It's pretty hit or miss. I get more laughs when playing other games with friends.

So yeah, I don't think I'll be trying to set up many more SH nights if it's going to be like this everytime. Constant connection issues and a low replay value.

So since it kind of sucks, you all should join #triviahero on gamesurge and play CAH, which doesn't suck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: