ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Spike TV Video Game Awards 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru, it's all about presentation. I believe my opinions, but I know that they are only opinions and while they may be loosely based upon some fact I am not naive enough to think that once I say something everyone else will automatically adhere to it and bow down to it. I am also not inconsiderate enough to go around and pick fights with people by using comments that are guaranteed to get a 'wtf' response.

In short, you can say the same thing in 2 different ways and come off COMPLETELY different to the world:

A) Obviously MW3 wins Best Shooter / Battlefield 3 just never had a chance.

B) I figured that MW3 would win best shooter since COD has won every year since 2007 and because most people seem to prefer MW3 to BF3, myself included.

Choice A would most likely offend and irk people who disagree with you and enjoy BF3 because of the way you presented your opinion.

Choice B is much more community friendly, doesn't appear egotistical, and clearly states a fact and an opinion.

Ultimately it comes down to how you want to be perceived and if you even care.

/lesson

****back on topic now****

I am at a loss with the idea of L4D3, to be honest. I really enjoyed L4D1 and while L4D2 came out shortly after, I thought it could be pretty enjoyable. I, however, just cannot find enjoyment in the game. Most of the levels do not cater to hunters (take the invisible boxes/walls away please!) and, in my opinion, are rather bland (except The Parish and parts of Dark Carnival).

I do like the idea behind the mutations and really enjoy scavenge, but the incessant horde and "favoritism" from the Director just annoys the crap out of me. I will fight special infected left and right, but getting stuck on a horde that appears out of nowhere and somehow sticks to me like glue is absolutely infuriating.

I held hope that Valve would follow through with their word and fix the issues with L4D1 and L4D2 as well as porting over the rest of L4D1 to L4D2... but it appears that will not happen.

In short, don't come out with the next iteration of L4D unless it is hands down better than the previous, fixes all of the mistakes of the previous, adds some new things (but not so much that it loses the fun of the game)... and for pete's sake... PLEASE fix the health/damage bonus and distance scoring.

HL3 would be pretty sweet and of all the "3" choices I would expect this most.

TF3 would piss me off just like L4D3, because I am STILL waiting for the TF2 XBL patch(es)!

Portal 3 would be completely unexpected, for me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Valve doesn't care about TF2 on Xbox now lol Actually a TF3 with better console support would probably be what you want as they mostly just tossed TF2 out there since the obvious focus is the market on PC, since it's how they get all their money now.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
I'm pretty sure Valve doesn't care about TF2 on Xbox now lol Actually a TF3 with better console support would probably be what you want as they mostly just tossed TF2 out there since the obvious focus is the market on PC, since it's how they get all their money now.

Its amazing how much people will pay for no stat changing hats...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atXIKI2XHj4#t=0m24s
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear lord, Saru please learn these two words.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/subjective
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/self-righteous

Anyway, on subject.

I find it funny that Valve has made more money now with making TF2 F2P and adding in micro-transactions than before when you had to pay for the game.

Either way, I still don't understand why you'd play a game because it's F2P and then end up spending even more money than what the game originally cost on pointless in game stuff (most of which you'll replace later anyway).
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
Denying it doesn't actually take away the truth from it. The whole gaming section of this forum is full of opinions that want to be right about what they are saying.

No actually it's just you because you're a chode. The rest of us come here for civil discussion about games and sharing of ideas.

Thanks for playing though.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well TF2 is pretty much the best F2P game out there cause no one actually has to buy anything. There are no overpowered weapons and any new things they get, can actually be randomly given or traded. I've bought a couple keys here and there and one or two items I really wanted on sale, but that doesn't bother me too much, cause the pricing isn't attrocious like most F2P games. APB? It was like 30+ bucks for one gun. Battlefiled P4F? At least like 10 bucks a gun I think. And those are games that mostly require you to buy stuff or you'll be outgunned by those that do.
Silly  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Either way, I still don't understand why you'd play a game because it's F2P and then end up spending even more money than what the game originally cost on pointless in game stuff (most of which you'll replace later anyway).

To look different/better and to support the game developers. At least that's my justification for spending tons on games with similar F2P models, though I haven't spent anything on TF2 yet.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't download TF2 until after it was made free for several reasons. Firstly, I was never into PC gaming at all. Secondly, even if I was, I've only recently had a PC good enough for true online games such as TF2 or Call Of Duty. And thirdly, I'd simply never heard of it. But when I got a new computer, I saw that it was free and decided to give it a try.
The next day, I added twenty odd quid to my Steam wallet and spent it all on TF2 things. Not because I particularly wanted them, but because I felt that Valve deserved the money. I'd do the same thing with the Humble Indie Bundle if I could, but I'm skint at the moment.
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Double post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: