ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Resident Evil 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Okay, now that I saw this image before viewing the trailer I can't look at it without laughing. It's probably ruined the game for me.

To be serious though, I've never actually played a RE game before but my husband is a huge fan. We'll probably buy this. Any games I should check out for cheap that I could play in the meantime that would make everything make sense? Or are all the storylines separate? This has all the ingredients to be something I would like and strangely have never tried it (I love the few survival horror games I've played).

Thanks for helping a noob.

Alot of the characters are linked in some way and some things might not make much sense, like who Wesker is for Resident Evil 5 or who Ada Wong is in Resident Evil 4, but they can generally be played out of order without things being ruined too much unless your a serious stickler for a story, but after nearly 10 to 15 years, spoilers are inevitable lol (Will Leon survive Racoon City! Uh yeah, he's in more games after that! lol)

While Resident Evil 4 is a must play for any gamer as it was truly fantastic, it's not a traditional zombie game like the ones before it, as it actually involves a parasite that doesn't just turn people into walking corpses, but basically mind controlled monsters with mutative effects. I think you can grab a few of the RE games on the PSN or XBL, though I think from the sound of it, the PS2 version of RE4 would be the best option if you can get it as they basically lied about it being "HD" as a downloadable title.

Also if you can get past the clunky controls and fixed cameras ( ), you'll probably be able to enjoy the originals...I really couldn't, but that is just personal preference.

That picture is hilarious too lol
Incognito  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, wont be able to look the logo the same way again. I was somewhat disappointed in 5, but I will admit I'm already hyped for this game.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
To be serious though, I've never actually played a RE game before but my husband is a huge fan...Any games I should check out for cheap that I could play in the meantime that would make everything make sense? Or are all the storylines separate?
Apart from RE2, RE4 is my favorite, and has a very broad (but still decent) recap in the beginning. You didn't miss much story-wise in RE5. 4 is available on ps2, gamecube, and as a download on XBL WITH all the extras from the ps2 release, so pick that up.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Resident Evils are great. New Resident Evils are great. Just play whatever and be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
To be serious though, I've never actually played a RE game before but my husband is a huge fan. We'll probably buy this. Any games I should check out for cheap that I could play in the meantime that would make everything make sense? Or are all the storylines separate? This has all the ingredients to be something I would like and strangely have never tried it (I love the few survival horror games I've played).

Thanks for helping a noob.

The current RE trend is to basically just develop some new reason for why zombies or whatever they'd like to call them for each installment, so I doubt you'll be missing any story when you boot up 6. The only thing you can really gain from the past REs is the opportunity to play the same characters you will be playing in 6 at a different time period during a different outbreak. Never know when they might reference something from their past in the other stories they've been involved in.

Leon: RE 2, 4
Chris: RE 1 (playable for short time), RE: Code Veronica, 5
Jill: Re 1, 3

It seems like they've completely abandoned the Umbrella Corporation and the T and G Viruses (unless that 4chan post is valid), which is what Resident Evil 1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica are all about. If you want to know all about that "saga", go there. And if you have a Gamecube lying around, I'd definitely buy the remake of RE 1 for it. That's probably my favorite RE ever made.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
To be serious though, I've never actually played a RE game before but my husband is a huge fan...Any games I should check out for cheap that I could play in the meantime that would make everything make sense? Or are all the storylines separate?
Apart from RE2, RE4 is my favorite, and has a very broad (but still decent) recap in the beginning. You didn't miss much story-wise in RE5. 4 is available on ps2, gamecube, and as a download on XBL WITH all the extras from the ps2 release, so pick that up.

You, sir, have just made a sale. Thanks!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica for the PS2 today. 4 is awesome.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
Picked up Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica for the PS2 today. 4 is awesome.

It really is. It's one of the very few games that I've played through at least a half dozen times across GC and PS2. Very few games can say I've put that much that time into them.

And I just finished a playthrough of Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition on PS3 and I forgot how enjoyable the game is. Alot of the hate it got isn't really warranted, though Sheva is still annoying as shit (Despite what I believe is an AI fix that only console got, which made her less awful). Yeah, it's easily the most ridiculous RE game ever and that's saying alot after coming from Resident Evil with it's cheesiness and giant robots lol, but it's still alot of fun and can be a heck of a challenge. I had forgotten there was a cover system in it also, which has it showing up in RE6 making sense.

As for some news, apparently RE6 is gonna have 1-2 player offline co-op, 6 player co-op, and 8 player multiplayer. What that all entails, I'm not sure. Perhaps the co-op with 6 people is a Mercenaries mode that you have to work together in and then the 8 player is the versus? Will be interesting to see though. As long as the co-op isn't a mandatory thing through all of the game, it's good with me lol
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a huge (almost Otaku level) Resident Evil Mega Fan seeing this announced rather perplexed me. Why would Capcom announce 6 before the release of one of the best (Revelations) and one of the most anticipated (Operation Racoon City) RE titles in years. Why steal the thunder away from those releases?

Either way I'm really excited to give Revelations a go on Tuesday when it launches here in the states. As for 6, I'm getting 2 new RE games within a month of each other so I'll have something to tide me over until this november. (And who knows, maybe Damnation will release before then too.)
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: