Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FeedBack Chart Creator Info
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trividin  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with dB, when I press the Foward Slash ( / ) it doesn't slow the playback.
Quase  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Tool for speeding up measure sync Reply with quote

Hi folks. My first post here, so go easy on me. I read the stickies, specially the rules on avoiding the banhammer, and found this is the most reasonable thread to post in. Also, great work you guys do, I just started charting songs, but already I can see this is more fun than playing the stupid DLC that is released by the publishers. Now on to business:

tl;dr: offering a tool to sync up a song at every measure in about 15 minutes with perfect accuracy

I have found that the most tedious part of charting a song is doing the proper sync. I decided early on (after reading a bunch of tuts) that I would sync my songs at every measure (I studied music, so I have a good grasp on measures, beats and so forth). I used a soft called "Cool Edit", which looks a lot like Audacity, but I am more accustomed to, plus a custom macro running on an Excel sheet (lazy programmer, I do most of my stuff on VBA). Please note that Cool Edit is not a free software (and actually is no longer available for sale, so your interest here may vary. more on this to follow).

There are two aspects of syncing at every measure: gathering the actual measure times, down to the millisecond, and then inputting that info onto Feedback. I have found Feedback to be a great tool, but the input system for adjusting times is very, hmm, let's say, clunky (CTRL [, SHIFT [, CTRL + SHIFT ] and so forth).

Now, for the first improvement I've made: instead of looking at the waveform and reading the time displayed on Cool Edit for every measure (the GUI is pretty much the same as Audacity), this soft features a "cue" function, whereby every time you press the space bar, the program records the current time on the song to a list (much like a chronometer on "split lap" mode). I am pretty sure there are other softwares out there which can do this (maybe even Audacity, I haven't really used it that much). So you just listen to the song counting 1 (space bar), 2, 3, 4, 1 (space bar), 2, 3, 4... etc...

Now that you have a list of times, comes the hard part. Inputting them one by one into Feedback. The custom excel sheet I prepared does a very simple job. It reads a list of the times (cues) you prepared in the previous step, and recreates the format used by Feedback in its .chart file. Including (and this is necessary for it to work) the appropriate BPM calculation between each anchor point (an anchor for each measure). The process takes less than a second, and when finished, all you do is copy the resulting list of excel cells into the .chart file using notepad, and voila, your song is synced up.

The only real work time here is split in two human involved steps: listening to the song and pressing the space bar at every major beat, and then manually copying the cue times from Cool Edit to Excel (this is because cool edit saves them along with the wavform. I have been able to locate that info inside the file using a hex editor, but no success yet on extracting that information. if this hurdle is solved, a song could be synced up perfectly in a matter of a couple of minutes, plus the song running time).

I apologize deeply if I missed the availability of a similar tool. I searched the forums but couldn't find anything similar. At this point, this is just a bunch of tools that I use, but I could certainly polish them for release if it is of interest to the community. Thanks again for your effort, and sorry about the long post. Cheers...
LocalH  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone be interested in a PDF version of Inimitable's guide? My girlfriend is wanting to learn how to make charts (targeting GH2 since that's where my knowledge lies), so I took his guide and made it into a PDF. This way, I could print it out for her to have while working in dB and Audacity, without having to keep obscuring what she's doing with a browser window. It's 27 pages and landscape orientation (images were getting cut off from a direct cut and paste in portrait mode and I didn't want to spend hours on it).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
fyighfreak  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Download error?? Reply with quote

How come when I try to download feedback off of TurkeyMan's site it says that the link doesn't exist? >_< If it doesn't work then how else could I get feedback? :o
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: fyighfreak
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Download error?? Reply with quote

fyighfreak wrote:
How come when I try to download feedback off of TurkeyMan's site it says that the link doesn't exist? >_< If it doesn't work then how else could I get feedback? :o

I joined this site a couple of months ago. This said the same thing, but with more investigation of this site I found another way to download this. But, while I look for it again, I've reuploaded FeedBack for you, for the time being.

(Credits to TurkeyMan for dB).
whamer100  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Thuggy"]How Can i creater Hammer-Ons? >,</quote> new then select the notes (ctrl + click) and then do: note -> HOPO -> force on, and then save to a certian file, and then convert back to .chart and then use GHTCP to put the song into GH3 ( F.Y.I. if you are putting it into FOF, or Phase Shift, heep it in .mid form)

sorry if its long, but it works for me!

me wrote:

bob wrote:
why does Gh3 crash at 4000 notes?
you wrote:
because you suck at GH3

BURN!!

0000DD wrote:
Oh, No, What?! WHY?!

whamer100  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know why it did that , i put: try using EOF to force HOPO's on here; file ->
at the begginning o.O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: