ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
vVv's GH Invitational - All Tournament Videos Are Now Up!!! (3/22/12)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ppl still play Gh ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
Ppl still play Gh ?

ppl still maek shit posts?
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see witwix on that list. I didn't even know he still played (which is obvious since he says he doesn't know the songs). Out of curiosity, how do people get invited to these things?

Should be fun to watch nonetheless! Excited to see another GH competition go on amongst some good old fashion GH players
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel so out of place on this roster. Guess I should get the popcorn ready

witwix  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Interesting to see witwix on that list. I didn't even know he still played (which is obvious since he says he doesn't know the songs). Out of curiosity, how do people get invited to these things?

Should be fun to watch nonetheless! Excited to see another GH competition go on amongst some good old fashion GH players

Interesting that you feel the need to pick me out of this list of a bunch of people who don't play GH anymore.
saksy2  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Will be watching this.
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

witwix wrote:

Interesting that you feel the need to pick me out of this list of a bunch of people who don't play GH anymore.

holy shit its witwix. dude i thought you didn't play GH anymore?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:

The biggest thing is tournament experiences and past placings. Many choices were obvious like Acai (2010 WCG world champion), smoky (2009 WCG US champ, MGC 2010 champion), Schmegery (WCG 2010 US champ), Shift (2nd place WCG 2009 grand finals), witwix (2008 WCG US champ), and so on. Other factors included general skills when it comes to all GH game and WoR. Don't forget that playing in a tournament is VERY different then just playing solo and going for an FC or a high score.

On another note, Paradise and I will be seeding all 16 players based on this criteria, and we will be releasing that info later on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

witwix wrote:
inb4 I don't know any of the songs and just pick the same one over and over, welcome to the future of gaming my friends.

Thankfully... we won't be listening to the same songs over and over again in this tournament. Brock and I crafted the rules to be as spectator friendly as Guitar Hero can possibly be. Hearing the same songs over and over will deter people from the stream. As such...

A player may only select a song ONCE for the entirety of the tournament. This is both to prevent players from abusing the same songs over and over, and to add a deep layer of strategy to the competition. (copied from the rules)

Additionally, there is a MUCH larger pool of songs to choose from than most tournaments of the past. We have included any song that is at least 6/10 in difficulty on Guitar. This gives us a total of 42 songs for players to choose from. The overall result to that there is a ton more strategy in song picks, especially with each match only being best two out of three.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
SuperJerry  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to watch! Good luck to all the competitors!

http://www.youtube.com/user/IISuperJerryII

Boston has won all 4 major sports championships in a span of 7 years. Welcome to TITLETOWN, USA!
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

witwix wrote:
Davers wrote:

Everyone else is still a part of the community is some way, shape, or form. You haven't been around in such a long time, I think everyone figured you were done with GH for good. Nothing against you being in the competition, so I hope it didn't come across as that. It would be like seeing popemobile up there on that list. A name no one would think would be there because everyone knows he's done with the game.

As far as people who get picked, I was just curious. I'd never enter one myself because I'm no where near the level these guys are. But there are A LOT of insane players out there and wondered if they got the invite and then it was a first come first serve type of thing until the slots filled up.
Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
witwix wrote:
Davers wrote:

Everyone else is still a part of the community is some way, shape, or form. You haven't been around in such a long time, I think everyone figured you were done with GH for good. Nothing against you being in the competition, so I hope it didn't come across as that. It would be like seeing popemobile up there on that list. A name no one would think would be there because everyone knows he's done with the game.

As far as people who get picked, I was just curious. I'd never enter one myself because I'm no where near the level these guys are. But there are A LOT of insane players out there and wondered if they got the invite and then it was a first come first serve type of thing until the slots filled up.

I can see both of your points, but one thing is certain; witwix is a wild card GH legend that will be interesting to watch. I know I am interested to see how he fares against the current line-up of HOLYSHIT talent. Lack of activity and lack of knowledge of some of the current songs doesn't mean witwix stopped being a fantastic player. He put the hours in and achieved the first GH2 FGFC, which was unheard of at the time. It makes sense, especially if the organizers of this event know him, which I am sure they do from various tournaments.

Oh wait, they do: Here's a gem from YouTube

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know who he is. lol I was around when he got the FGFC. I was confused as to why an ex-GH player was being picked for a game he himself even admitted to not playing or know very well. lol But I completely forgot he won back in 2008, so I can see why he was on the top of the list to be picked for the tournament.

My confusion is cleared now though. lol It's going to be fun all around and I'm pretty stocked about getting to watch this one
Confury  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna get owned, that's all I know. Played WoR for the first time in months yesterday and did pretty bad haha. Maybe I can squeeze my way up to the top (doubtful).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I CLAIM THIS PAGE IN THE NAME OF SPARTA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: