ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Simpsons Arcade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: The Simpsons Arcade Reply with quote

I know it was released for download on the PS3. Maybe the 360 as well.

Anyone of you older guys ever play this game back in the early 90s? It was an arcade only game. Never saw a home console release, which is a shame since it's a pretty awesome game. At least I remember it being pretty awesome in the arcades. I actually watched 4 guys play and beat the game from start to finish way back when. Weird because I was literally just thinking about this game the other day, only to find out it is now a downloadable game. I'm pretty psyched about playing it. I'm trying to talk a friend of mine into downloading it and giving it a whirl tonight
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god I remember playing this with one of my good friends when I was about 6 or so (I'm 18 now). I would always lose to the stage 1 boss and get upset and quit. Never ever got past stage 1

I'll have to give this a go if it's out on 360

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend got it on PS3 and we played through it from start to finish. Good for nostalgia purposes.
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dispensed a LOT of coin into this as a kid. Scrolling beat 'em ups (Final Fight, TMNT Arcade, ye olde Aliens v Predators game which I would LOVE to see appear on XBLA some day, etc) have always had a special place in my heart, and this one is no exception. So when I found out it was coming to XBLA, I pounced on it in a heartbeat.

I struggled like hell with The Simpsons playing it at the arcades many many moons ago. I'd get as far as the second boss on a good day normally, but discovering just how awesome the jump attack is really made it a very quick and simple 200/200 a few weeks ago. Still hella fun regardless and a nice trip down memory lane
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMNT II was another game me and my brother loved to play. We played it in the Arcade but also got it for the NES. We got all the way up to Shredder several times but never did beat it. Now that game was hard for an Arcade game and it was pretty long. But man, so much fun. I actually downloaded it on my old xbox a while back. Might have to redownload it on my friend's xbox later tonight. We love some good multiplayer games like these two.
BloodyFistHole  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Playstation Plus, which gave away the game for free, which is great because I otherwise wouldn't have picked it up. I'm not one for arcade games and I particularly don't like these side-scroller beat 'em ups (though I had a lot of fun with Streets of Rage as a kid). To my surprise, I loooooove the game. Completed it 5 times, have all the trophies and I'm sure I'll be coming back for more somewhere down the line. What I really liked about the game (besides being The Simpsons), was learning enemy movements and how to effectively use the weapons. When I went through on the hardest difficulty, it wasn't until 1/2 through the graveyard that I took any damage, because I knew how to avoid the early attacks. You can actually get away without being hit by the first two bosses really easy, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously need to still pick this up. I remember playing it non-stop back in the day and at a local skating rink a few years ago, even though we never made it past Moe's Tavern...if it wasn't for the online co-op, though, I probably wouldn't want it that much, but I'd still buy it...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get this still. I have the other two already (TMNT, X-Men). TMNT was a terrible release online wise, X-Men was perfect. I still need to finish the achievements on X-Men.

My personal best so far is 7 quarters on TMNT to finish the game by myself. Default arcade controls. For some reason I can't repeat the same performance on the X360, must be because I am playing it on a pad. I need to hook up my X360 stick and see if that makes a difference.

How is for you guys? Does it have the instant jump in options that X-Men has?
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad, my sister and I (as Homer, Lisa and Bart respectively, of course) went through this one a few times in the arcade back in the day (it came out when I was 10 and, last time I checked, was still in the same arcade 16 years later), mainly because it was better value for money than TMHT (one credit per life MY ARSE).

One credit MAMEd it a few times since and usually get wiped out in the cemetery somewhere. First boss needs some angling to get right; carry the hammer all the way through the level and the second is a pushover. Could probably get further with a bit more practice, but... eh.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: