ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Starcraft II - NASL going strong, thread going strong
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine just came over and he gave me some tips while I was playing. It's incredible to me how much a very basic buildorder can change your whole perspective on the game.

I had so much more fun in the hours I was trying a real buildorder than when I was thinking about my own buildorder. I actually have a feeling that I might be able to get out of the Bronze league that has been plagueing me for so long

I'm ready to get back into the game right now

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/164160-1v1-protoss-zerg-metalopolis

added a replay in case someone is interested
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumf00d: Day9's latest nooby tuesday may be of TREMENDOUS help to you if this is how you feel.

"Stealing a Build Order" http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/5016867/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd give this thread a bump, since lots of new stuff is happening in the SC2 world .

Patch 1.3.3 is on the PTR now, and right now it's looking really solid. Notable changes are a huge nerf to Warp Gate research time (increased by 40 seconds), which will completely change PvP (3 gate robo will now have time to get out immortals by the 4 gate timing), the bunker salvage change (75% of minerals are returned instead of 100%) and the spore crawler root time being decreased.

The IGN pro league is looking really awesome too! Idra v. Kiwikaki is tonight, and I'm excited to see how that'll turn out.

I've gotten up to the Gold league as a zerg and I'm having a blast with this game again... I've had some really dumb losses from droning too hard, but those are good problems to have as far as I'm concerned, even if it tanks my MMR . Learning to macro is hard but I feel like I'm making progress... i managed to smash a very hard computer yesterday, which was hard for me before since I would usually get crushed by the computer's first or second push. I'm feeling like I'm getting better... and I love the Zerg feeling of barely holding on after a push and then storming back into the lead

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. ~Oscar Wilde
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I was playing some 2's the other day and feeling the itch, but I know how stressful 1's get once you jump in and I don't think I want to do that. If anybody ever wants to team play though, hit me up on Steam at suspectfenster. I'm not usually idling in B.net anymore but I'm always on Steam and probably willing to play some games.

That warp gate nerf is nuts though. I play limited protoss but as far as I know virtually any non-robo build is all based on that warp gate timing. Crazy.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
Man I was playing some 2's the other day and feeling the itch, but I know how stressful 1's get once you jump in and I don't think I want to do that. If anybody ever wants to team play though, hit me up on Steam at suspectfenster. I'm not usually idling in B.net anymore but I'm always on Steam and probably willing to play some games.

That warp gate nerf is nuts though. I play limited protoss but as far as I know virtually any non-robo build is all based on that warp gate timing. Crazy.

The nerf wasn't so bad, the timing is just later now, and it's a bit easier to defend against a 4 gate as well.

In real news, though, MLG this weekend, as far as starcraft goes, should be absolutely incredible....4 Koreans (including July and MC, and the new SlayerS hero, MMA) will be there...Tastosis will be there..Day[9]...a much better stream set-up (the same company was trusted to do the royal wedding. yeah.) The players are great, the games will be awesome, and if Root.Destiny happens to make it out of the open tournament I will shit myself (though the chances of that happening are pretty much 0...i'm still rooting for him!) Should be an incredibly awesome weekend!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here still play this? I just started playing this past summer and worked my way from bronze to gold in 1v1 (and nearly plat now!). I don't really play with anyone besides a few friends from time to time so it would be nice to play with some sh dudez.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
DPooch  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing Desert Strike occasionally, but now that ranks have been reset, I now have 5 placement matches to even be ranked again. Competitive play is becoming slightly more interesting to me now that a friend of mine's 2v2 team is ranked 12th in the world, and I watch his streams.

Definitely add me, I think my code is 707 from when I posted before and the name is the same. Not sure if I need to add you as well, so what's you're info? I was pretty much only bronze back when SC2 just started, but I'd love to play with you. Good owning practice for you.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McSkinny wrote:
Does anyone here still play this? I just started playing this past summer and worked my way from bronze to gold in 1v1 (and nearly plat now!). I don't really play with anyone besides a few friends from time to time so it would be nice to play with some sh dudez.

Did my picture on Facebook make you post this here? xP I'm still trying to fix my problems, I'll get to you once I am done! (Although, if you're Gold/near-Platinum, I surely won't be much of a challenge. xP)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPooch wrote:
I've been playing Desert Strike occasionally, but now that ranks have been reset, I now have 5 placement matches to even be ranked again. Competitive play is becoming slightly more interesting to me now that a friend of mine's 2v2 team is ranked 12th in the world, and I watch his streams.

Definitely add me, I think my code is 707 from when I posted before and the name is the same. Not sure if I need to add you as well, so what's you're info? I was pretty much only bronze back when SC2 just started, but I'd love to play with you. Good owning practice for you.

I sent you a friend request so it should add me to your list as well as mine. If not my name on there is McSkinny and my code is 906. I'm not sure about me "owning" you =P, but it should at least be fun!

Mr.Scientist wrote:
McSkinny wrote:

Did my picture on Facebook make you post this here? xP I'm still trying to fix my problems, I'll get to you once I am done! (Although, if you're Gold/near-Platinum, I surely won't be much of a challenge. xP)

Nono, I've just been playing a bit more often now and was just wondering who else would play with me. Although I'm glad your system is nearly up and running!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I just got finished doing my placement matches (like an hour ago). Here's how they went:

1st: Lost (Like 2 weeks ago)
2nd: Other player left right away (Last week)
3rd: Win 45minutes PvP game (right after 2nd)
4th: Other player was AFK the whole time and left when I attacked him around 8 minutes (Today)
5th: Other player left right away (Right after 4th)

And I got placed low Platinum (Like 95)... what the fuck am I supposed to do now? I'm like low Silver at best, for christ's sake... :'(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there still a lot of people that play this (On here and in general)? This is one of those games where it looks like fun if I could ever get it down (Which I'm assuming comes with practice like most games).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've beaten the AI on both Easy and Normal as Protoss, but then again, it wasn't that hard. I just rushed lots of Stalkers and just... won. Doubt that would get me any at all in a real 1v1 game.

EDIT: Well, went into my first practice match against Terran and won pretty easily. Again, basically rushed a good amount of Stalkers and 4-5 Immortals with a Archon and some air Units and just ran through what he had (Some basic units, tanks, and 5-6 Thors, I believe they're called).

The main problem I seem to be having is spending minerals. At the end of said game above, I had ~7k minerals... I'm guessing it just comes with practice on spending minerals quickly yet efficiently.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Well, I've beaten the AI on both Easy and Normal as Protoss, but then again, it wasn't that hard. I just rushed lots of Stalkers and just... won. Doubt that would get me any at all in a real 1v1 game.

EDIT: Well, went into my first practice match against Terran and won pretty easily. Again, basically rushed a good amount of Stalkers and 4-5 Immortals with a Archon and some air Units and just ran through what he had (Some basic units, tanks, and 5-6 Thors, I believe they're called).

The main problem I seem to be having is spending minerals. At the end of said game above, I had ~7k minerals... I'm guessing it just comes with practice on spending minerals quickly yet efficiently.

If you wanna play against someone who's pretty bad at the game, feel free to add me: Slfan - 668. I'm a protoss player and I've been trying to play a lot more recently to get better at the game.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slfan68 wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

If you wanna play against someone who's pretty bad at the game, feel free to add me: Slfan - 668. I'm a protoss player and I've been trying to play a lot more recently to get better at the game.

Added. Trust me, you can't be worse than me xD

Sadly I've lost my last 2 practice games. One to a Terran players who just beat me straight up, and another to a Void Ray rush.

EDIT: Record is up to 3-2. Just beat a guy I lost to yesterday, which is always good! I'm still just kind of spamming 4-5 Zealots in the beginning, then getting a good amount a Stalkers with 2-3 Immortals and some Templars. Warpgates are fucking amazing and saved me this last time. He had a pretty big army and I took out most of his Ground and Air forces, but he trumped me. He had about 5-6 ships left and he's just sweeping my base, but I had 4 warp gates up and I was able to just non-stop warp in Stalkers to take out his ships after about 30-40 seconds, and then he just left xD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: