ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anyone have any really close PFO matches?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Anyone have any really close PFO matches? Reply with quote

Doesn't necessarily have to be songs, but it can be. But yeah, close matches? Ones where it's so close that even one note missed would change the whole song? Where you're constantly going 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3 and finally a tiebreaker, which is also insanely close? Ohh boy have I have a few. People on this site can attest to that. Just recently me and Ihatebarracuda faced off and the majority of the songs were neck and neck. I've had matches against WhYYZ (remember TDWDTG? =p) where it came down to the very end. Alot of the time for me it'll either be 4-2 for the match, 3-3 tiebreaker and half the time I win, or 4-2 me. I love these types of matches because I know the person i'm facing is basically my skill level, and even if I lose, the other person is 99% always a great sport about it.

TL;DR: Tell me some awesome close matches or songs you've had against someone.
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I RARELY ever play online. But when I did, about 4 years ago I had a pretty good opponent. We did best out of 3 on GH3 and went 1-1. I got to choose the tie breaker and picked Raining Blood (all of this was on Hard). At the time, I couldn't even FC Mosh 1. Lucky for me, neither could my opponent. lol Anyways, I ended up winning the match by like 200 or 300 points and we were both laughing at how close the game ended up being.

What's a really good match was the one against acai and Confury for this past tournament. Literally won the match by one note. Was freakin' intense.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been on wii and my online hasn't ever worked right, but i was playing coop with a full band online once, i was doing drums on bat country (expert), and i got a 98% on the song and after all the people tried to add me as a friend

ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a GH tournament at a bar back in 2008:
I wrote:
I then played Bizjark in the finals. Obviously, Through the Fire and Flames. He taps the intro and gets a commanding lead at the beginning, but I seemed to be a little more consistent at the fast strumming parts. The match kept going back and forth throughout, and I just barely managed to squeak by him at the end. I think I won by about 2k, maybe even less. It was an epic competition, and the closeness of it got the crowd pretty riled up.

Bizjark wrote:
Then came the finals. Like ricecake said, it obviously came down to the Dragonforce song. I was feeling pretty good about it at first, but really didn't pull it off too well. I only got like half of the beginning cause my tapping was off (pressure perhaps?) and I couldn't keep a multiplier for the life of me throughout the rest of the song. It really did come down right to the wire, we were neck and neck between like 5,000 points for the entire song, must've been really epic, especialy for those who were watching. I narrowly gained a lead near the end, but bombed the last section allowing him to take the prize.

The scores? I think it was like 352K something to 350K something. Very close. But it's cool, I came just to have fun and I definetly had it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDhtq9rpm8A

Looks like I beat Confury to posting this. Still one of the sickest matches I've seen in many years of competitive play.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDhtq9rpm8A

Looks like I beat Confury to posting this. Still one of the sickest matches I've seen in many years of competitive play.

Yeah that was AMAZING seeing that live! I nearly screamed out WHAT?! when I saw he won that o: Truly the most epic match i've ever seen. But anyway, keep 'em coming guys!
FkOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago I was playing against online against this guy named Bradmasta. It was a best out of 5 in which he picked 2 songs he was really good at, and i picked 2 songs that I was really good at. Naturally it came down to the tiebreaker which I was able to choose and then won handily

But, another time something absolutely crazy happened. I was playing a best of 3 against someone, and every song was within 500 points. No joke. They were hard songs too (one was ttfaf; can't remember other 2). I really wish I would have taken a pic of that.
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My closest PFO was versus a random xbl opponent, and we TIED on a song. (it was My Name is Jonas, lol) I took a picture of that a long time ago, i don't remember where it is though. It was pretty weird, as it took us to a tiebreaker after i won the next song
NU Grad 2015
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadfjsafdjksdfjsjdv;oisajb;aoijdvb;osaidfjsa;ofjd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFPreveMEUQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zBMsyKRz5c
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the time I played against Zehmtrioux on rock band 2. The song was Spoonman & we both knew the path, but he's Zehm and therefore much better than me.
He squeezed ahead early on, we both missed in the solo and ended up with me just behind him again. Then he missed in the final chorus & I took the lead, I was casually shitting bricks, but held it together in the outro and beat him. I guess even top players have bad days haha.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I played agains Jleggy first time ever. Game was GHVH and I won 3-2 ( the only time I've ever won him :P ) Especially close song was HfT, where he missed in outro and I managed to beat him with only few hundred points

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
ukog-monkey  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i beat witwix by 1 point at wcg 2008 on raining blood, was kinda close
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ti monkey75 PSN Name: MonkeyOnABike
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat Minibn at THE VERY LAST NOTE of Burn at the final of a Paris Games Week tournament (in semifinals I beat another french person that choked 4 times in the Red Snake of TTFAF GH3 because I won by 500pts on Losing My Religion XD)

Also I was going to beat xxGHxx on TDWF but I missed a note near the end, and lost by 1k. Was epic because we were not missing at the same time, it was me-him-me-him... but I made the last mistake lol.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have any really close PFO matches? Reply with quote

Bradmasta wrote:
I've had matches against WhYYZ (remember TDWDTG? =p) where it came down to the very end..

That was WTF-close!

After solo 1 200 points difference.
Atfer VSK 50 points difference.

Still lost because I missed SP

Also remember slash guitar battle!
Still have the picture. I won with 9 points.
9 fucking points!!!

And I can't forget 1 match which I lost even though we both FC'd TWIE.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had close matches, but I'm thinking me vs. Draktyr for great, close matches. We were practicing for the vVv thing, and for probably about 10-12 matches straight it was 1-1, then 2-0, then 0-2, etc. Sometimes the spread was large because I'd miss or he didn't know the path, but a lot of times victory was gained by one note's difference or less. There was a vVv tourney from last year where I played against him, and it was the same level of competition. That sort of sustained tension was really great in prepping for the tournament (and my hands hurting from gripping the controller too hard).
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: