Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
psx: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hop on this silly forum for the first time in a long time and I see you fc'd Texas Flood on hard, that old bastard. Congratulations bronanas.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll get 44. Just an inkling

psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH80s FC #26: Electric Eye!

Been playing some 80s the last few days, and finally had something resembling consistency on Electric Eye's solo, so I've been grinding away at it. Had various FCs outside of single misses in different parts of the solo, but at the request of one Arvain, I was told to stop missing notes. So, on this, I think this was my 4th FC to solo E, I fulfilled said request. The joys of grinding out an awesome FC. Feel pretty bloody good about this.

And yes, laugh at the fact that I have Electric Eye and Play With Me (that's gotta be well over 2 years ago now o_O) before Seventeen and (LOL) Round and Round. Admittedly though, I have 3 -1s on Round and Round in the past couple days, so that could fall in the next day or so. I'm spent for now though. Gotta watch the cricket
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a GH:80's FGFC coming
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guuuh that song has been such a roadblock for me for the longest time, such jealousy. Good job.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a great FC. Congratz!

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done! And don't feel too bad about Round and Round, it was my 28th FC.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the EE FC. 'bout time I'd say. I remember when you got that PWM FC a few days after mine (or something like that :p) Glad to see you're working on this game again. 28 will come in no time, I know that much. You should go for 200/211 ;D
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to get those feelings checked out, Guitarherofan haha. The FGFC is most definitely never on the cards for me :P 28/30 will be pretty much the ultimate target.

IIRC Alex, I FCed PWM the same day you did (well, would've been the same day for me, loltimezones etc). Motivation is a funny little critter. And yeah, 200/211 is a long term goal, of which Electric Eye made it 189 (and this tally increases as you move to the next paragraph!). Asides from cleaning up here and on GH3 (lol Impulse and FCP), most of the remaining work will have to come from GH1, which'll be the real challenge for me. On a side note, I wouldn't say that Electric Eye was a " 'bout time I'd say" FC for me, because although I've hit E before, I've never been good enough to do it on anything resembling a consistent basis until a couple days. But alas it has fallen. However, one song I WOULD say is a " 'bout time I'd say" FC is...

GH80s FC #27: Round and Round!

Silly mental blocks everywhere. Given my abilities with GH2/80s, I would think this should've fallen far earlier, but alas. Better late than never! I counted 5 -1's (of which all were in the blue hammer-on that immediately follows the hook at the end of Solo 1A, don't ask how that works), 5 FCs to Solo 2, and 2 FCs to the outro before this baby finally fell. Missed the outro squeeze, but whatever.

So I suppose this means I'll be working on Seventeen now huh. Unlike the two that have fallen the past few days, Seventeen doesn't actually feel close at this point, so don't expect that so quickly.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay I'm glad you followed my advice and stopped missing notes. I don't believe a word of this whole "don't expect tht so quickly" thing though

Good luck with gh1 now Oh and btw, go get rid of Impulse and FCPREMIX too, because those two are clearly happening in like 10 minutes each !
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice man, can we expect a ballroom blitz fc from you? imo, if you can get trogdor you can get bb; i think they're more or less interchangeable.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niiceeee hard one too

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
very nice man, can we expect a ballroom blitz fc from you? imo, if you can get trogdor you can get bb; i think they're more or less interchangeable.
Honestly, no. I haven't got a hope in hell of getting Ballroom Blitz anytime soon, despite my strumming abilities (and this is not from a lack of trying either). If I were to ever seriously consider FCing it, I would honestly have to figure out how to use the HOPOs, which at this point in time is WELL out of my current abilities at least at that speed. So in the meantime, 80s will be done and dusted for me once I finally FC Seventeen (spoilers: I'm still not close on it >_>) and get myself to 28/30. The other 2 songs don't exist at this juncture.

Yeah, I replied a few months late, sue me :p

Oh look, an update!

GHWT FC#72-73: Soul Doubt, Scream Aim Fire!

Oh hi, its been a little while since I bumped my thread, though I should let you know about things that've happened, like these neat FCs I got tonight!

Yes, this looks horribly out of place, shush :p Until tonight I'd honestly had no clue on how to combo the strummy crap in Chorus 1A and Chorus 4, but tonight I sat down, stared at a chart for a little while, had a little epiphany (those are the best when it comes to plastic instruments), and after FCing to Chorus 4 about a trillion times tonight, I finally got myself the FC. This honestly took me longer than Stillborn which I got a few days ago as #71, but until that day had ruled it as "too hard, don't wanna try". It's amazing what happens when one actually tries!

And then my night got even better (at least in the note hitting department):

Pretty damn overjoyed at finally getting this baby

So, funny story time. I've spent a few days in the past... probably year now grinding it for hours on end to no avail. Usually a solitary miss in the obvious spot many many times, and for a fair while I've had the highest non-FC score on here, and even improved said score a few times too. Tonight I thought I'd give it a bit of a whirl for a while after Soul Doubt fell, took about 10 runs to even GET to the solo in one piece because my arm was being a doofus, but managed to FC the song when I finally got TO the solo haha. Gotta love when it actually works out well in the end

Other stuff has fallen since that Round and Round 80s FC, like:
- getting 67/70 in GH3 (FCPREMIX and Impulse, yes Impulse as 67, chords own me, they didn't fall within 10 minutes of each other like Arvain demanded, but I was never a fast worker anyways :p)
- getting myself to 40/41 on Aerosmith, and
- toiling away at my current long term goal of FCing all of E/M on guitar.

I'm currently using the E/M goal as an excuse to work on expert for the games that haven't seen much FC action (the major ones being M, 5 and WoR) or that just need a little more of a push (like Aerosmith recently which was at 32 before I started on E/M, and well I originally wasn't going to dabble much in WT having already gotten myself to 70, but well you've seen the results here :p), so expect to see a lot more expert action from yours truly. Maybe I'll even actually get my FC tally finally up to something that is more fitting of my abilities! *gasp*

As far as WT expert is concerned, there aren't really many other songs that I'm seriously trying to grind out at the moment. The focus really is more on E/M at this point in time (to the point where I'mma continue WTE after making this post), but I may end up trying a little more on Teddius, and maybe the likes of Beat It and No Sleep. They are probably the 3 I'm most likely to nab next, but who knows. I could get Mr Crowley too after finally hitting Thoth 4 in its entirety for the first time tonight. Wouldn't mind having both Ozzy songs under my belt (Crazy Train fell to my blade back in October, I should really tell you people more often when I get awesome FCs like that >_>). But yeah, I'm already more than pleased about even adding 3 songs to my tally the past few days

JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psx wrote:
Maybe I'll even actually get my FC tally finally up to something that is more fitting of my abilities! *gasp*

I always get confused when I see your accomplishment thread for this reason. "Oh, he got some new FCs... Wait, were they supposed to be difficult for him or what?"

Anywho, it's nice to see you updating your thread with a variety of things. You've got some pretty nice FCs here; I know that SAF is too wtf for me, and I remember struggling with Soul Doubt for a long time. And I like how you just slip in "Oh btw, I got FCP and Crazy Train ages ago, but no big deal, they're ezpz.

I wish I were more of a squeezaholic so I could relate more to your E/M work, but after being bound to an xplorer for so long, I've pretty much given up on getting GOOD scores :P. Though obviously, I can tell that it takes a lot of dedication and squeezing skillz to get good ranks on the lower difficulties. So yeah, good luck with that but I'm obviously more interested in this expert rapeage. How many do you think you could eventually aim for, as far as expert FCs go? Somewhere in the 600s no doubt.
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, those totally aren't Ballroom Blitz FCs. Slacker :p

Nice job on Scream Aim Fire. I consider myself lucky to have FC'd everything outside the solo once, so FCing all of that PLUS the solo is quite awesome. You're well on your way to doing what I always tell you to do, which is pass my FC count. You only need 3, and there's at least 5 songs I have that you don't (seriously how did that happen). Honestly I can't see anything in this game except Satch and maybe Love Removal going un-FC'd by you.

I know we communicate often, but it's been FAR too long since I posted in your thread. So it's high time I posted a /me waves gogogogoBjan flag and a /me believes!! in here <3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 66 of 70

Jump to: