ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Next-Gen Consoles/Handhelds/Computers/Mobile Phones/Etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the addition of a new Kinect to be pointless, it's just not a good idea for most people and Kinect has failed as gaming device (Despite how many its sold), but I find the system to need an online connection at all times to be abit ridiculous. It's really worse than the rumor of the PS3 making games attached to a PSN account to curb used games. I can't get too mad at a rumor and while it's not something that would generally affect me, I know I could see alot of people being mad that internet is required to use their expensive console.

I can't get too mad, since it's all just rumor right now, but the systems are looking to have some nasty issues if any of the rumors turn out to be real.

And might as well toss this rumor out there.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-wii-u-not-as-powerful-as-xbox-360-ps3-225079.phtml

This would be just stupid of Nintendo to do. I know graphical power isn't what they are pushing, but you gotta AT LEAST hit some standards, such as making it to the already way outdated graphics of the current systems as the next ones take a big leap forward. Just gonna make more work for developers to try and bring other games to the console, of which they already need to do more work to give it functionality with the controller, such as how the new Darksiders will utilize it as a quick use inventory screen.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
I find the addition of a new Kinect to be pointless, it's just not a good idea for most people and Kinect has failed as gaming device (Despite how many its sold),

I don't see how you can really hate on this decision unless they FORCE you to use it to navigate the menus and whatnot (Although I doubt they will). I mean, it's an extra feature without having to buy new hardware. If you don't want to use it, then you don't use it, simple as that.

MSH-Hitman wrote:
but I find the system to need an online connection at all times to be abit ridiculous. It's really worse than the rumor of the PS3 making games attached to a PSN account to curb used games.

I'm undecided on this. Having a constant internet connection wont really hurt me (I always have it connected), so meh, but it's no where close to as bad as the PS4 Used game rumor. Doing this to stop piracy != locking legally bought used games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
I don't see how you can really hate on this decision unless they FORCE you to use it to navigate the menus and whatnot (Although I doubt they will). I mean, it's an extra feature without having to buy new hardware. If you don't want to use it, then you don't use it, simple as that.

It'll add alot to the cost of the system. I mean if a Kinect now is a hundred bucks, what would one that works well cost? As long as it is an optional buy to save money, I really don't have a huge problem with it.

And I'm the same that I usually have an internet connection, but knowing that I can't use my console if my internet goes out or I take it somewhere without internet? That's pretty ridiculous. I bet anything, hackers will just find another way around it, just like they did with Ubisofts DRM, meaning that if there are internet issues or problems with the servers, legitimate buyers will have a problem and hackers won't.
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:

I'm undecided on this. Having a constant internet connection wont really hurt me (I always have it connected), so meh, but it's no where close to as bad as the PS4 Used game rumor. Doing this to stop piracy != locking legally bought used games.

If I understand it correctly, they're not just doing it to stop piracy. They want to implement the code-to-unlock-online feature specifically to discourage the buying of used games. Used games retailers and purchasers are already giving a big middle finger to the industry that either keeps them in business or made the games for them in the first place. If you chose not to support the people that made and continue to maintain the game, why should they give a shit? Honestly? I understand that there are weird exceptions like GameFly, RedBox and other rentals, but whatever. This should be a wake up call to gamers that used games hurt the industry. Don't go to McDonald's or Subway or Panda Express for a couple weeks and you'll have a new games. God damn it, I'm ranting.

Anyway, I hope it's true. Fuck used games retailers. Use craigslist and stop giving those greedy bastards so much money if you really need a cheaper game. I guess that's what I've been trying to get at this whole time. Huh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
And might as well toss this rumor out there.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-wii-u-not-as-powerful-as-xbox-360-ps3-225079.phtml

This would be just stupid of Nintendo to do. I know graphical power isn't what they are pushing, but you gotta AT LEAST hit some standards, such as making it to the already way outdated graphics of the current systems as the next ones take a big leap forward. Just gonna make more work for developers to try and bring other games to the console, of which they already need to do more work to give it functionality with the controller, such as how the new Darksiders will utilize it as a quick use inventory screen.
Luckily, that is indeed a rumor. From anonymous sources. Comments in that article are saying that developers have already confirmed that the WiiU will be very powerful. The tech demos from E3 show that it'll be pretty strong as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Lf4uVuE50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shch7LNkVXw
Though that second one does look pre-rendered, I wouldn't doubt it if it comes close to running that kind of stuff. I don't think Nintendo is dumb enough to stay THAT far behind. The Wii was the weakest of the three now (Though Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were freakin' beautiful.), but the Gamecube was in the middle last gen. So I wouldn't count them out on being able to provide power. The Wii wasn't HD because it wasn't quite the standard yet at release. (I definitely didn't know many people with HD TVs at the time, nor have I heard from hardly anyone that not being HD would be a deal-breaker.) Cutting HD capabilities allowed it to be cheaper, which was great. If they made the 3DS to satisfy this new 3D craze, they wouldn't be dumb enough to not have HD this time around I'm sure.

I don't think it'll be a bad thing for developers to spend more time to create interesting functions for the controller. Just have to hope devs don't make the same mistake like they did with the Wii. It had massive potential, but was wasted on shovelware. The only games that were great in my opinion were first party games/franchises. (And those said games were damn great most of the time. There just wasn't enough of them due to all the wasted potential.)

Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Lf4uVuE50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shch7LNkVXw

Wow. If the Wii U comes anywhere close to those graphics when released, that is one huge jump from the Wii. That looks beautiful and makes me very happy to be a Nintendo fanboy.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya the second one is purely just a cinematic and not really indicative of the Wii U's actual capabilities in anyway, it's like judging WoW's graphics based off of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

However, I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if the WiiU can pull off the graphics shown in the Zelda video as one of the major complaints regarding the Wii was it's technical limitation, so I'd assume that Nintendo would do everything in their power to not do it again.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, more Rumors

Quote:
Via Computer and Video Games, the latest issue of Britain's Xbox World magazine reveals that developers received Durango devkits last month, purportedly packing a 16-core IBM Power PC CPU and a GPU similar to AMD's Radeon HD 7000-series graphics cards.

Yeeeeaaaah, I'm calling complete bullshit on this one. 16-cores? Computers today are hardly getting up to 8-core, and we all know consoles are usually a bit behind Computers when released.

Even if it is true, with a 16-core CPU and the GPU, there is not way in hell that this is staying under $400.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be ridiculous. It would be liking putting in over 12gigs of RAM or something. There is nothing that really utilizes that lol I'm pretty sure the CPU alone would make the console never go below a reasonable price range. Terrible and obviously false rumor.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
That would be ridiculous. It would be liking putting in over 12gigs of RAM or something. There is nothing that really utilizes that lol I'm pretty sure the CPU alone would make the console never go below a reasonable price range. Terrible and obviously false rumor.

I've heard some people say that it's going to be 4 cores with 4 threads each, so it'll be 16 threads instead of the misinterpreted 16 cores. Makes much better sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: