ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Draw Something

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Draw Something Reply with quote

For smart phones and tablets. Seems to be the new phenomena sweeping the nation. While on vacation, I downloaded and played it on my mom's tablet. Got to say, I had a lot of fun doing this. I don't have a smart phone, so I can no longer actually play the game since I'm no longer at my mom's Anyways, wondering how many of you guys play it. Feel free to share a few drawings as well

I had some really good drawings and I'm rather disappointed I only took a picture of one of them. I had a Bowser drawing where I drew the Bowser at the end of a world in the original SMB (where the bridge collapses). Another with Gollum holding the ring up inside the volcano (word was Golem). And a few other awesome ones. Drawing on a tablet makes details SOOO much easier.

Here's the one picture I did take of a drawing. The word was "lasso". My friend guessed it correctly. I drew the bull first and then the lasso around its neck.

Not all my pictures were this style. Actually, this was the first picture I drew in the 'outline' type style. And most of the time that I drew something, I drew the scenery and everything first and then added what was actually supposed to be guessed. Even when my friends figured out the word, they apparently enjoyed the drawings because most would leave one letter out and let the picture finish So nice of them to appreciate my hard work. lol

There are some INSANE drawings out there for this game (google it). I'm sure those were done with a stylus though.

Last edited by Davers on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! My wife and I love this game! We are thinking about getting some styluses (styli?) for our phones because it's kind of tough to make decent drawings on that little of a screen, but on the iPad it is definitely cake.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Qarx  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Another with Golem holding the ring up inside the volcano (word was Golem).

You'll have to excuse me for this, but... Golem:

Or Gollum:?

=P

I've heard of this game, but haven't actually played it. It reminds me of Pictionary, and I would probably suck at Draw Something, too .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or Golem!
NU Grad 2015
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I know Golem isn't Gollum BUT some people would never guess that. Some of the words repeat themselves, so I was hoping she had seen the word "golem" at some point and time and figure out the picture from there. lol She didn't guess it. She told me it was a really good drawing and the word was on the tip of her tongue but she couldn't think of it and passed.

And yes, drawing on a tablet is so much easier. My friend that was with me was drawing on his phone and I have no clue how he was doing it I tried using a DS stylus but that doesn't work. Apparently you have to have a special kind.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:

And yes, drawing on a tablet is so much easier. My friend that was with me was drawing on his phone and I have no clue how he was doing it I tried using a DS stylus but that doesn't work. Apparently you have to have a special kind.

I saw one of my friends using what appeared to be a stylus with a rubber tip that depressed (meaning the layer of rubber was thin and hollow) when used on his iPad. Don't know if that's all there was to it, though.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Davers wrote:

I saw one of my friends using what appeared to be a stylus with a rubber tip that depressed (meaning the layer of rubber was thin and hollow) when used on his iPad. Don't know if that's all there was to it, though.

Yea, for the new-age smart phones you need to use a capacitive stylus vs the traditional resistance stylus. The phones that use a resistance stylus simply require 'pressure' to receive a signal while the ones that use a capacitive stylus require electricity (which we humans conduct).

good explanation source: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1145471

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't seen it already, Mike Mattei of Cinemassacre reviewed Draw Something. Here it is.

My Backloggery
ricecake  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this game a couple weeks ago and I've been hooked on it since then. I'm probably going to buy the full version soon. I'm not that great of an artist, but if anyone wants a new partner, send me a PM.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play it with my wife but we both suck at drawing anything. given my good average 13% results in arts, i think it's just normal to do shitty drawing lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: