ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Portal 2 is Out Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
On sale where?

Sorry, forgot to post a link XP.

It's right here on Steam. Time's running out, though; get it quick!

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Qarx  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New DLC, and it's free! It's The Perpetual Testing Initiative! It's a much more user-friendly version of the SDK beta which allowed you to create your own test chambers, plus it has Steam Workshop integration!

Releases May 8th for PC and Mac. No word yet on consoles .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much it'll differentiate with the Beta SDK. I've got a fair bit of experience on SDK (Mainly L4D), just wondering if they'll dumb it down or you can still have inputs/outputs/scripts etc. Who knows, it'll be interesting to see when it comes out!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
Qarx  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing they'll have "Advanced Options" for that sort of thing (I'll admit, I have no idea what you're talking about ), with the main options being mostly dumbed down. Certainly looking forward to it, too!

My Backloggery
Qarx  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, it's out now. I only played with it a little, but I found two things I don't like about it already: takes too long to go from implementing changes to the in-Game Mode, and no way to test to see how the player would move through a Portal prior to going to the Game Mode. That might just be nitpicky of me, though.

My Backloggery
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the game is only 6 bucks on Steam right now. I finally picked it up for PC just to have, probably to fool around with the builder.
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one love the level editor. But I'm speaking as a layman with limited programming/design experience. I find it really simple to use, and it's at least extensive enough to create a variety of interesting puzzles. If there was ever a game that you could go to town in designing your own levels, this is it.

Sample chamber:

Ascent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: