ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Your Worst GH Choke
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Your Worst GH Choke Reply with quote

Everybody that has ever played Guitar Hero knows all about "chokes". It is not a good feeling and may cause you to lose your guitar >.> What is the worst choke you've ever had?
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During a long day of grinding RYLAH where I had only gotten out Solo 2 a few times I finally got through solo 2 then managed to conquer solo 3 as well. However When it came to the last 3 chords I somehow managed to switch my fingering for the 2nd chord and voila, FC ruined...
FkOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take This Life has 1608 notes. My best streak is 1607.

I have like 15 solo chokes on The Way It Ends, which I still haven't fc'd for some reason.

I have a 3000+ ns "choke" on Solo To The End on OGAP, but I don't really consider it to be a choke since, at the time, the last 2 sections were the only hard parts of the song.
Guku416  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have some pretty bad chokes, here's some of the worst that I can recall at the moment:

Through The Fire And Flames Bridge I: After FC'ing it on PC without tapping I attempted to do so again but on the Xbox instead, and well, I hit all but the fucking 5th to last note
One (GH3): I choked the damn outro 50 notes from the end of the song, done on ukog's stream as a cohost.
The Devil Went Down To Georgia: Victory Solo M...
Satch Boogie: Solo F, if you can even call that a choke. Still had 'bout 150 more broken notes left to hit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i choked a drum FC of all the world is mad at the VERY end, would have been the 2nd FC ever ;(

PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choked on the crossover fill in the last chorus of Fury of the Storm on Drums. It would have been second ever behind Paturages. I got it a week later, but that was after VD0G FCed it, so I had to settle for third.

On Guitar, I haven't really had many chokes that I'm particularly sore about, so I'd settle with my post-solo choke of The Way It Ends.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cult of personality Co-op FC.

My friend missed the 3rd to last note.
And we still haven't Co-op FC'd it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't exactly a choke but...Going for a Free Bird FC over and over again, I practice Solo C constantly and I can play it perfectly every time. So while actually going for the full song FC I miss it a couple times and restart, but the one time I do, I just say fuck it and keep playing. I ended up -1'ing it. I got so mad that I haven't tried to FC since.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
This isn't exactly a choke but...Going for a Free Bird FC over and over again, I practice Solo C constantly and I can play it perfectly every time. So while actually going for the full song FC I miss it a couple times and restart, but the one time I do, I just say fuck it and keep playing. I ended up -1'ing it. I got so mad that I haven't tried to FC since.

How has this legendary video not been posted yet? Here, this'll make you feel better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5su2M1wgU (skip to 3:57 for choke)

Anyway, my worst GH choke had to be on vocals towards the end of either Stone Cold Crazy or Fight Fire With Fire... those songs I never even got close to again. I'm not really good enough to get any significant chokes on guitar though. Though I did almost FC Stricken on GHWOR but missed after the solo I think it was...

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Jellu  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
CoolMotion wrote:

How has this legendary video not been posted yet? Here, this'll make you feel better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5su2M1wgU (skip to 3:57 for choke)

Lol not actually. I have choked in end wankery twice and that's okay. Easy song just not so fun to grind because of lenght.

Okay I have choked a lot. I'll list what I remember (they are all on expert):
Let's start with the worst ones.
Welcome Home (sanitarium) guitar outro chords. (sustain) and that's REALLY slow part. That's probably the stupidest one...

OR my choke at the second last note of Cheat on the church. Oh god why...

This day we fight bass outro; last hopo chain. I grinded 7-8 hours a day because I was leaving for vacation and wanted X bass FSFC before it. This was the best I got and WhYYZ got FSFC before me because of it. Probably my most "meaningful" choke

When I used to suck, I had spend whole week on BYOB X bass playing a couple of hours a day. I overstrummed the fourth last note once. Not really that bad choke actually, it's a hard part. Just annoyed because it was SO CLOSE!

DE bass outro...... Way more stupid than those two above

I think those were the worst ones. Then I have two chokes after HiC intro. Like 6 or 7 chokes after 21csm bass outro zigzag. And other stuff... I don't remember so well atm. I think I had a lot more. I'll post if some horrible choke comes to my mind

Oh yeah. WE guitar outro was pretty bad :/ and on the hard side, choked twice after TTFAF solos lol.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
CoolMotion wrote:

Trust me, I've seen that video The funny thing is I watched that video immediately afterwards just to feel better about myself hahaha.
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the fact that this thread has been made probably a hundred times, it's always fun talking about our failures. XD

I choked post-solo on Symphony of Destruction at one point. It would've been my 200th FC out of 211, and I had been going for that FC for almost 2 years at that point. Luckily I got it the next day.

My worst currently unfixed choke would have to be Train Kept a Rollin, missing in Caboose (the last section). I got a wrong number phone call right at the little solo bit, and it distracted me just enough to miss. Still haven't got the FC/FGFC... (to be fair I probably would've missed there despite the phone call)

I remember I missed post solo in Demons like a month after the game came out, due to me stupidly whammying the last sp phrase despite the fact that you can't get star power out of it. I would've had the FC as my 20th or something crazy early, but instead it took me another 8 months or something, and I got the FC at 82. XD

Oh yeah, I missed in Shake it don't break it once in LRM after FCing past solo 2, but I didn't mind that one since I screwed up the path on that particular run :p I also missed in the outro of War Ensemble at least once... and don't get me started on Disposable Heroes. :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jellu  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:

My worst currently unfixed choke would have to be Train Kept a Rollin, missing in Caboose (the last section).

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me about Trollin'!! I overstrummed the second last note of Train Kept a Rollin' expert That's definitely up there in my worst chokes xD Got the FC pretty soon after that, though (20 minutes or half an hour or w/e)

Also my 7 to 9 nine post solo 1 chokes in Nemesis came back to my mind when I was in shower :P At first I didn't mind at all because I hit solo 1 five times in a row in real runs then lost my consistency totally and was really annoyed I got it the same day, though.

And in my earlier post I didn't mean to underestimate that Free Bird choke I believe it was a tough one but I honestly don't think it's quite "the most epic choke ever" or however it was described in comments

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicarious expert drums choke in the last four notes, probably.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing the very last squeeze of One, would've gave me tied second place (ie 200 points under ApeTheHippy).

I rarely choke, but when I do, I can usually FC the song I'm going for very quickly after. However, my worst EVER choke is definitely missing on the bass part of Jordan, past the solo, as my coop partner had an FC going. I was basically looking over at his screen and completely missed a lonely red note going by. Shame on me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: