Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
psx: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this that I smell ? I smell awesomeness, and pretty sexy fcs !

Now it's time (read fucking overdue) that you get NSTB, Never too late, Mr Crowley, Trapped under ice, Stranglehold, Beat it, Ted battle.... DAMN, get busy already ! Those fc aren't going to happen on their own ! Ughh, lazy people hahaha !

Request : quit beating my scores on tough FCs that I'll never be able to redux ._.
Shock  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! SAF and SD are way too strum happy for you to have not had already WTF? Keep em coming man, why worry about E/M while there's so much sexiness to be had in GHWTX!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shock wrote:
Very nice! SAF and SD are way too strum happy for you to have not had already WTF? Keep em coming man, why worry about E/M while there's so much sexiness to be had in GHWTX!!!

And he still doesn't have Ted Nugent battle? For shame... but yeah, these are some awesome FCs, especially SAF. I think 80 is most certainly doable for you, probably 82 even. (I feel like Zakk Wylde, LRM, and HFT are a level above everything else :p) Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what else you do with this and your other not-so-played games. (if you can't tell I like X guitar stuffs XD)
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, some replies! Madness!

JohnnyGrey wrote:
I always get confused when I see your accomplishment thread for this reason. "Oh, he got some new FCs... Wait, were they supposed to be difficult for him or what?"

Anywho, it's nice to see you updating your thread with a variety of things. You've got some pretty nice FCs here; I know that SAF is too wtf for me, and I remember struggling with Soul Doubt for a long time. And I like how you just slip in "Oh btw, I got FCP and Crazy Train ages ago, but no big deal, they're ezpz.

I wish I were more of a squeezaholic so I could relate more to your E/M work, but after being bound to an xplorer for so long, I've pretty much given up on getting GOOD scores :P. Though obviously, I can tell that it takes a lot of dedication and squeezing skillz to get good ranks on the lower difficulties. So yeah, good luck with that but I'm obviously more interested in this expert rapeage. How many do you think you could eventually aim for, as far as expert FCs go? Somewhere in the 600s no doubt.
Heh, don't take those the wrong way :p Crazy Train was a long time coming really. I'd spend time even when I'm not playing just tapping it in the air, so it was kinda fixated in my head for a fair while, and finally got there last October. As for FCP, well I finally got that first time past Aggro. For the longest time I was ridiculously consistent with EVERYTHING except for one particular chord change at the start of Aggro, which I had absolutely no idea on until I decided to just stare at my fingers for those particular notes. Worked like a charm hah. Definitely had to work a lot on both of those, as I normally do almost anything I chase down. I didn't find either "ezpz", I'm just too much of a lazy sod to tell you people I have knocked off various awesome FCs that I was proud of at various points in time

I figure most people are far more interested in what I (or anybody else on this site for that matter) do on expert, especially now that I intend on, y'know, actually FCing stuff haha. Thought I might as well mention the E/M stuff in passing for those particular souls that don't already stalk the front page with every waking second.

Oh, and expert FC goal? I don't really have one I'm aiming at yet, mainly because I'm not familiar enough with those "untouched" games of mine. 600 is probably a good starting point I suppose though, considering I do already have 192/211 and 40 on Aerosmith. But not really thinking about that anytime soon in all honesty. Just gonna go with the flow for now. It'll be a very slow work in progress considering I'm plowing through each of the games twice essentially from this point on (although I already have Van Halen done on medium, so that's one less game to double up on), and all the expert shenanigans just comes at random intervals while I'm at it.

For the record, according to my wonderful spreadsheet that documents my current tally of 3200+ FCs, I'm currently at 466. I'm sure I can find 134 new songs between here and WoR

dramacomic wrote:
Dude, those totally aren't Ballroom Blitz FCs. Slacker :p

Nice job on Scream Aim Fire. I consider myself lucky to have FC'd everything outside the solo once, so FCing all of that PLUS the solo is quite awesome. You're well on your way to doing what I always tell you to do, which is pass my FC count. You only need 3, and there's at least 5 songs I have that you don't (seriously how did that happen). Honestly I can't see anything in this game except Satch and maybe Love Removal going un-FC'd by you.

I know we communicate often, but it's been FAR too long since I posted in your thread. So it's high time I posted a /me waves gogogogoBjan flag and a /me believes!! in here <3
Yeah, I'd always found our respective WT FC counts amusing, because of the fact that you have as you said 5 I don't, and I have 3 that you don't, and there's still a few others not included in those respective batches that we should both be able to nab too haha. We'll see about getting as far as 84 though. No real long term goal in mind just yet, just sights set on a few songs.

Always appreciative of the flag waving and the /me believes!! Ben, whether its in post form or otherwise <3

arvain wrote:
What is this that I smell ? I smell awesomeness, and pretty sexy fcs !

Now it's time (read fucking overdue) that you get NSTB, Never too late, Mr Crowley, Trapped under ice, Stranglehold, Beat it, Ted battle.... DAMN, get busy already ! Those fc aren't going to happen on their own ! Ughh, lazy people hahaha !

Request : quit beating my scores on tough FCs that I'll never be able to redux ._.
Well, I don't know about "fucking overdue", but yeah, there's definitely some more FCs due to come. Obviously I am capable of all of those (although I REALLY have no clue on how to even begin with Solo 3 of Stranglehold, but mind you I still can't tell you what the fuck goes on in Solo 3B of SHA, and I've FCed the song hahaha), but there's like one or two little bits in each that keeps throwing me off. Definitely not from a lack of trying in any case. At least not where WT is concerned. Pretty much any other game past WT though it definitely is laziness abound! But I'll be sure to fix 'em all in due time :p

On a side note, I was kinda disappointed on my SAF score because I didn't whammy either sustains from the pre-solo phrase purely because I'd forgotten they were even there haha. Dunno about ever reduxing that myself though. I'm quite content with having that 1399 note streak just once, as awesomesauce fun as the song is.

Shock wrote:
In fairness, the hardest part about SAF isn't even the strumming, so at least there's my excuse for not having that until now :p Soul Doubt was always pretty nutsy for me because there's just waaaaaaaaaay too much bouncing around the fretboard in strange fashion whilst strumming for my liking (yes, says the guy who's FCed Misirlou 16 times, shush).

E/M is just something fun for me to do. I know that's a mind boggling thought to most of those who still stick around these parts, but playing E/M charts with paths has always been nice and relaxing for me, and given that WT is one of my favourite setlists of the series, it becomes even more relaxing and chill to me at this particular juncture. I know a lot of people (especially on this website) would take a challenge over just chilling any day of the week, but its just all about enjoying oneself in my opinion, and playing on the far simpler difficulties happens to be a means of enjoyment for me.

Plus I figure it'll be cool once I'm done to say "well, I literally only have 2 songs left on hard, plus a bunch of rather difficult crap on expert, and nothing more on guitar!"

alexhaz64 wrote:
And he still doesn't have Ted Nugent battle? For shame... but yeah, these are some awesome FCs, especially SAF. I think 80 is most certainly doable for you, probably 82 even. (I feel like Zakk Wylde, LRM, and HFT are a level above everything else :p) Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what else you do with this and your other not-so-played games. (if you can't tell I like X guitar stuffs XD)
The only thing that bothers me about Teddius is the fact that I can't practice it really (well, unless the long strummy bit is identical on the DLC, haven't played the DLC track in ages, and don't really care to try it any time soon). It's definitely on my to-do list though for obvious reasons. I'll probably give it more of a shake today inbetween random easy songs.

Zakk and LRM are almost certainly in the "never" pile at least at this point in time (and I genuinely don't see either coming out of there, but I've said that about a lot of songs over the years which've since been FCed), but I definitely wouldn't rule out HFT. Definitely a long term FC though, I've hit the intro a bunch of times, hit the solo a couple times, and I've hit the outro the last 3 or 4 times I've played the song, so its not like I CAN'T FC it. Just a matter of consistency like almost everything else in these silly games we play. Only difference in HFT is that one needs consistency on the whole damn song haha. Even that main riff can be a pain on occasions!

For now though, I think I'mma chillax a little more with WTE. Actually the WTE I have in mind is What To Eat, because I'm hungry. So I'll fix that WTE up first before picking up the guitar and continuing on that other WTE

EDIT: And now because I can, many hours after posting all my replies!

GHWT FC #74: Ted Nugent Guitar Duel!

I spent 6 hours on this. Yes, 6 hours on this today. I know most of you were probably expecting me to have this already, or in the very least nail this rather quickly, but christ Solo 6 is a complete and utter dick. In that 6 hour period, after finally figuring out how to FC Solo 1 consistently I was FCing to Solo 6 on almost every occasion. Shit just bounces all over the fretboard waaaaaaaaay too much for my liking. I FCed Solo 6 on 5 occasions today in all that time, and unfortunately 4 of those were on runs where I'd already blown the FC in some really stupid location before getting to Solo 6. Fortunately the other was the pic I just posted ^_^
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping all that grinding would produce a good result. Nice one!

Solo 6 is horrible to grind; I once got 98% on it (-2, I think), and never once during that time did I feel I could get that section FC'd. Such a pain.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Parama  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't have nugent either and don't feel like grinding it

I hate that dude, both Stranglehold and Ted Battle are songs I don't ever feel like trying for because they're one hard part in easy songs and that suucks

so congrats dude d(''d) (b'')b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosephL wrote:
I was hoping all that grinding would produce a good result. Nice one!

Solo 6 is horrible to grind; I once got 98% on it (-2, I think), and never once during that time did I feel I could get that section FC'd. Such a pain.
Cheers Joseph, although it fell MUCH later after you went to bed haha. Actually did ragequit the song for a bit, then went back later that night and eventually got there. Shit's still hard, even after FCing it once.

Parama wrote:
don't have nugent either and don't feel like grinding it

I hate that dude, both Stranglehold and Ted Battle are songs I don't ever feel like trying for because they're one hard part in easy songs and that suucks

so congrats dude d(''d) (b'')b
I am amused that you did end up getting this too a few hours later haha. I'm the complete opposite though. If I see something I'm getting really damn close on, I'll just go for it regardless of whether its just "one hard part in an otherwise easy song". Mind you, the update I'm posting right this moment is anything but that tee hee.

GHWT FC #75: Mr. Crowley!

So I finally got some consistency on that bastard Rhoad to 28 Part 1 today, and even hit Thoth 4 a couple more times in practice with seemingly little trouble, so I figured today was the day I'd grind it out. Spoilers: shit's hard to even FC to Thoth 4 on a consistent basis haha. Only really FCed to there on a handful of occasions, and most times were met with failure. When I finally did FC past Thoth 4 I was paranoid I'd miss in 5 because I have a tendency to miss triplets like those, but fortunately I have that pic above to produce instead of more heartache

Don't ask what's next, I really dont know haha. Over the years, its always been a case of "let's try this.... oooh I'm feeling good about this shit!" and then a grind that usually ends in success. Sometimes due to other people FCing stuff (H18 and PWM come to mind), but more often than not I just get that wonderful feeling of "oh shit, this is totally going down today!"

(By the way I don't currently have that feeling for anything else, I'm probably just gonna go back to easy now :p)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Jellu  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth 4 is very tough. I'm still most surprised for FCing Mr. Crowley with my first FC past Rhoad to 28 :DDD So FCing up to Thoth 4 DEFINITELY isn't easy. Anyway, you should be proud of FCing one of the harder songs in WT. It's very close to top 5 song

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Shock  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you wouldn't be able to stop there! Well done good sir Now go kick some E/M ass!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw where you got a 99% on Mr. Crowley, so I knew it was just a matter of time before you FC'ed it.
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse-me while I'm dying from jellyness
Parama  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baaah now I have to get Crowley soooon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, you say there's no more FCs in this game you are eying at the moment, but something tells me that will change pretty easily. Only 75 FCs and you already have Mr. Crowley, Scream Aim Fire, Crazy Train, etc? Yeah you should AT LEAST have 80. If you ever take a break from E/M grinding, I advise you to give some of those other songs a shot, you might have that epiphany after all :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Parama  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait what's this about not trying for anything else? Considering what you do have yeah 80 should be easy for you

NSTB - just takes luck and patience, not technically difficult
Stranglehold - This song just sucks, trust me I know
Beat It - I can't personally help you because I find this solo easy as hell sorry <.<Overkill> solos srsly just practice 3B a bit and find a consistent method
Trapped Under Ice - Easy but boring and annoying, bit in second solo and end of last solo are the only hard bits at all
Never Too Late - This is just easy compared to at least 10 things you've FCed, the intro isn't that bad and the second solo is easy by comparison
PMU - a pain in the butt but technically not too hard outside of prechorus 1 and the damn outro chords

dude you have crowley, you can get 80 FC's

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now, all I was saying was that I wasn't eyeing anything in the immediate future (specifically that particular day I got Mr. Crowley). I didn't say anything about what I'm most certainly capable of doing eventually :p I'm well aware I can get 80+, and am in fact looking to get to 80+ long term. I definitely do try all of them in practice whenever I play WT, but more often than not they end up in the "nope, not today!" pile, and then I just move on.

Despite the FCs I've already nabbed, I know at least personally that I won't have an easy time getting to 80, as much as everything thus far should suggest otherwise. Most of the "easier" songs I have left aren't lingering around from a lack of trying, far from it :p Most of them just have 1 or 2 sections that I either can't currently hit, and currently have no consistency on and thus not willing to chase just yet:

Stranglehold (Solo 3) - Still have to figure out how I even want to tackle this.
Beat It (Solo 2) - Gotta figure out what position I want to use for this, 3rd is something I would've typically used in such sections, but that doesn't seem to work as well as I would like.
No Sleep Till Brooklyn - My fingers just won't hit both sections at the same time heh.
Never Too Late - Those YRB triplets at the end of the intro and nothing more, I don't get why I can't even start comboing them at all, there's no real reason that I should be plinking there. I'll figure out my problem eventually.
Pull Me Under (Pre-Chorus 1) - Not even the outro chords are a problem for me, and that's saying a lot considering how horrible I generally am at chords >_>
Trapped Under Ice - My main problem is the YBO crap at the start of Solo 1. Needs more analysis on my end heh.
Overkill (Solo 3B) - I know WHAT I want to do with it, just have to get it right, although bits of the verses and choruses I'd probably have to put into practice too. This is probably the furtherest away of the ones listed here.

So that looks like 82 there, and with the desire of eventually nabbing Hot For Teacher too, I suppose I do currently have a long term goal of 83. So there you go :p

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 67 of 70

Jump to: