Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
psx: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parama  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always felt that the trips in Never Too Late are waaay faster than what you actually here which is stupidbad but

Beat It I just stayed in 2nd position, it's not really that fast compared to some other stuff

honestly Stranglehold Solo 3 is just FLAIL AND HOPE YOU HIT IT I mean that's what it felt like to me

Also practice the outro too, plenty of places to choke there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHWT FC #76: Never Too Late

Amusing. Prior to today I'd never hit the triplets at the end of the intro, to the point where almost every time I'd actually miss every single one of them. Dunno what changed today, but I hit them first try in practice. Went back to Tony Hawk soon after, and came back to WT tonight. Took me 1 restart, and got past the intro second try, which gave me this new shiny FC. Woot!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! That intro solo is really hard. I think 80 FCs are possible for you, though.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Parama  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey see that wasn't very hard for you!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, yup I kind of figured you'd take a look at another song you had left and go "oh, you know what this isn't bad, lemme knock this out real quick!" I also get the feeling this is not the last of its kind Keep up the good work, and hey feel free to play other games, I'm not forcing you to play WT... aka you have lots of FCs out there, and I'm looking forward to you hitting an actual roadblock ;D

oh yeah, definitely excited for that RB2 rivalry we are going to be taking part in. I promise I will stop at 59 FCs if need be ;p

PS- I know I was supposed to go to bed but it's hard when there's threads to be responded to! Five hours of sleep ftw
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
KramRal  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even know you had a thread psx :O!

I thought you were strictly a hard player too, I'm learning so many things about you right now this is starting to hurt my head. Well never too late is a pretty badass FC iirc. So are you moving over to expert now? or just for a little bit or what? By what alex said it looks like you're playin WT the most.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
Hey see that wasn't very hard for you!
Yeah hush :p It still boggles my mind that my fingers wouldn't even START hitting those triplets until that day heh. Not gonna complain mind you.

alexhaz64 wrote:
Heh, yup I kind of figured you'd take a look at another song you had left and go "oh, you know what this isn't bad, lemme knock this out real quick!" I also get the feeling this is not the last of its kind Keep up the good work, and hey feel free to play other games, I'm not forcing you to play WT... aka you have lots of FCs out there, and I'm looking forward to you hitting an actual roadblock ;D

oh yeah, definitely excited for that RB2 rivalry we are going to be taking part in. I promise I will stop at 59 FCs if need be ;p

PS- I know I was supposed to go to bed but it's hard when there's threads to be responded to! Five hours of sleep ftw
Oh I'll still be playing WT for a fair while haha. While I'm doing the E/M thing, I'll be dabbling on the random expert songs every now and then, so while I still have 83 more song to go on medium there's still plenty of time to add to the 76 :p "Actual" roadblocks will probably begin to appear in the 80s. Whether I get there before I move onto Metallica though, who knows!

And yeah, be sure to keep that RB2 FC count down man. Johnny got lucky last night, but I can't promise making the same mistake with you! ;)

I'm almost certain I went to sleep before you did based on the time you commented here hahaha. Way to go.

KramRal wrote:
I didn't even know you had a thread psx :O!

I thought you were strictly a hard player too, I'm learning so many things about you right now this is starting to hurt my head. Well never too late is a pretty badass FC iirc. So are you moving over to expert now? or just for a little bit or what? By what alex said it looks like you're playin WT the most.
I suppose you'd be shocked to know that amongst other things I have 35/63/27/67 in the first 4 games on expert then :p Heck, my Hangar 18 FC was like 2 and a half years ago now haha. I think it was always a case of me being more than capable of holding my own on expert, but just enjoying hard too much to care. I mean, this is where I got my first decent expert FC (or at least the one I was most proud of at the time I suppose) and check out the date on that. That was even before my crowning hard achievement (the Troggy H/GH2H FGFC in April 2008). If you check out my OP and read through the Past Updates section, you'll get a pretty good handle of how I've travelled over the years, although there are a fair few other FCs over the years that haven't even been mentioned in this thread (Crazy Train and Ties That Bind immediately come to mind).

I think rather than calling this "finally moving to expert" (given my background on GH2 expert stretching back as far as it does :p) I think we should call this "finally working on the games past GH3!" I have this wonderful hair-brained scheme of FCing all the titles on easy and medium (hence why I've been on WT for the last while) and inbetween songs I'll nibble away at stuff on expert. With Aerosmith while I knocked off E/M I also bumped up expert to 40/41 from the 32 it was sitting on (mind you, most of those 8 remaining were actually easy stuff I hadn't touched since sightread whatever year the game came out heh), and even WT here's gone up by 6 since I started doing E/M here. I'm working in chronological order, so you'll either see more WT FCs in the near future, or otherwise the next bump will end up being Metallica related :O

Hopefully by the end we'll have a real good gauge of exactly where I am expert wise. A few years late to the party, but as the last FC says, its never too late... I can't believe I just typed that >_>

Edit: And here's another to add to the tally!

GHWT FC #77: Trapped Under Ice!

I've had the biggest troubles with Solo 1's YBO crap until about 20 minutes ago where I had this genius idea of not anchoring Y until the stream of Y's actually appear. Made it silly easy for me. Once I figured that out, played the song. First run I missed there (lol) and also immediately after solo 2, second run I restarted after missing in the intro, 3rd run is that pic up there. Not bad.

Like I said before, lots of single-sections that trouble me on some of these remaining songs so I'm kinda not surprised by how some of these are falling almost immediately once I've figured out my one issue. I've been trying Beat It off and on the last few days to no avail, despite any consistency I have in practice at any point in time. I'm hoping it'll be next, but I wouldn't be surprised if something else fell first again :p

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't have these yet? You should have let me know, we could have traded my Never Too Late, TUI and I'd even throw in Beat It, for your Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley and SAF. I think it would have been a nice exchange.

I wish you luck on that irritating gap between 'pretty darn close' and 'FC' on this handful of songs. Seems like you're at that point for all of them, and then you're stuck with the last 4 that are pretty much LOLno, for most people... Though I still think LRM is a tad overrated and could fit in with the others.

Anyways, I'm sure if there's anything more to say, I'll have the chance in a few days time when you get another FC or two :P

Oh and I totally considered making a Never Too Late joke, but I see you already did :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of those GH songs I love playing, but I'm so horrendously bad at playing. Pretty amazing that you were able to FC it so quickly, once you realized your troubled areas! I bet that'll be the same thing with Beat It. Only one solo, right? Should be easy...right?

Shock  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching you knock down these badass FC's is making me jealous that I don't have a good working guitar dammit!!! Kinda excited to see what GHM songs you knock out when you get to that. *goes to peek at what you've got already*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go go 80 FC's!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
You didn't have these yet? You should have let me know, we could have traded my Never Too Late, TUI and I'd even throw in Beat It, for your Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley and SAF. I think it would have been a nice exchange.

I wish you luck on that irritating gap between 'pretty darn close' and 'FC' on this handful of songs. Seems like you're at that point for all of them, and then you're stuck with the last 4 that are pretty much LOLno, for most people... Though I still think LRM is a tad overrated and could fit in with the others.

Anyways, I'm sure if there's anything more to say, I'll have the chance in a few days time when you get another FC or two :P

Oh and I totally considered making a Never Too Late joke, but I see you already did :P
That seems like a fair trade. Too bad it wasn't exchanged earlier. Unlucky break!

Funny story about the "pretty close" and "FC" gulch. Well, not really, but you'll see at the bottom of this post :O

At this very point in time LRM is well out of my reach. I know you were close on it so I do see why you feel that way about it, but I just can't make sense of Solo 2 yet. I've said "nope, that's a never!" about plenty of songs in the past that I've since FCed so who knows down the track. But for now I'm definitely not bothering with it.

Maybe there'll be more to say in the very near future ;)

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
This is one of those GH songs I love playing, but I'm so horrendously bad at playing. Pretty amazing that you were able to FC it so quickly, once you realized your troubled areas! I bet that'll be the same thing with Beat It. Only one solo, right? Should be easy...right?
Well, I dunno about "easy" but... well... story shortly hehe. Trapped Under Ice is hella fun to play, so that was one reason I'd always wanted to FC it, but for that one trouble spot it was always seemingly far out of reach. And then it decided to just magically appear before my very eyes. It's a funny game sometimes.

Shock wrote:
Watching you knock down these badass FC's is making me jealous that I don't have a good working guitar dammit!!! Kinda excited to see what GHM songs you knock out when you get to that. *goes to peek at what you've got already*
I'm sure you weren't surprised to see a severe lack of FCs when you checked. GHM actually kinda scares me if purely because of how long all the songs are. I'm not too well versed in the game itself either as far as expert guitar goes so I haven't the slightest clue how high I can reach on that. It will be fun though to see how I go there.

Also, the thought of following paths on E/M for Metallica scares me because of the length of songs D:

Parama wrote:
Go go 80 FC's!
Well, I suppose this'll help me get there ;)

GHWT FC #78: Beat It!

I had been chasing this down the last few days. Even earlier this morning prior to TUI I dabbled in this for like an hour before telling it to go fuck itself. Just did the second gig on medium, then decided I'd play it in practice. FCed the entire solo in practice first try, and after a couple false starts well before the solo, FCed the song first time I got to the solo. I really don't know how this keeps happening hahaha.

arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
Also, the thought of following paths on E/M for Metallica scares me because of the length of songs D:

Oooooh yeah that really sounds exciting as hell ! I predict a lot of fun for you (for me too, tbh T_T)

Ah and, by the way, I just looked into my crystal ball and it said that 83 fcs = happening before next weekend. So keep fc'ing these eaaaaaasy songs at that pace, and by the end of July, we'll see a fgfc here.

.... no but really, stop that
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psx: so you'll either see more WT FCs in the near future, or otherwise the next bump will end up being Metallica related

>> Bumps thread with a Trapped Under Ice FC

Nice job with both that and Beat It, they are both very sexy FCs. Overdue of course, but not easy by any means. I forget what you have left, I think it is Stranglehold, PMU, Zakk, HFT, LRM, Satch, Overkill? Definitely could get at least half of those pretty easily. If I had to guess randomly, I'd say you'd bust out PMU next, but I guess it could easily be any of them aside from Satch. :p (hey don't count out LRM and Zakk, they are actually manageable ;p)
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Parama  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you just need Satch and HfT for 80 FC's!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 68 of 70

Jump to: