View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shock  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show off!

PMU better be next!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
psxfreak101 wrote:
Also, the thought of following paths on E/M for Metallica scares me because of the length of songs D:

Oooooh yeah that really sounds exciting as hell ! I predict a lot of fun for you (for me too, tbh T_T)

Ah and, by the way, I just looked into my crystal ball and it said that 83 fcs = happening before next weekend. So keep fc'ing these eaaaaaasy songs at that pace, and by the end of July, we'll see a fgfc here.

.... no but really, stop that
I no doubt am genuinely gonna enjoy GHME/M (amusing acronyms hmmm). Just gonna take a while to learn a lot of the paths haha.

Also I'd get that crystal ball checked. I HIGHLY doubt 83 is gnona happen by next week, and there most certainly is NOT a FGFC on the horizon while Satch still exists hahaha.

alexhaz64 wrote:
psx: so you'll either see more WT FCs in the near future, or otherwise the next bump will end up being Metallica related

>> Bumps thread with a Trapped Under Ice FC

Nice job with both that and Beat It, they are both very sexy FCs. Overdue of course, but not easy by any means. I forget what you have left, I think it is Stranglehold, PMU, Zakk, HFT, LRM, Satch, Overkill? Definitely could get at least half of those pretty easily. If I had to guess randomly, I'd say you'd bust out PMU next, but I guess it could easily be any of them aside from Satch. :p (hey don't count out LRM and Zakk, they are actually manageable ;p)
Heh, I never even made that connection until you mentioned it. How amusing. And yeah, that is the currently unFCed list (well, -1 now as you'll see shortly in this post ^_^). We'll see about LRM and/or Zakk further down the road, but in the immediate future they are both most definitely still nevers :p

Parama wrote:
Now you just need Satch and HfT for 80 FC's!
Satch Boogie FC? I'll get right on that after I FC both TTFAFs using only my nose and this tweezer I found on the side of the road!

Mind you, I'm not ruling out a Hot For Teacher FC eventually, but it won't be #80 :p

Shock wrote:
Show off!

PMU better be next!
Hey Shock, remember the last time you requested an FC from me a few years back? Yeah, funny story...

(and yes, you picked it too alex :p)

GHWT FC #79: Pull Me Under!

Honestly, I had my mind set on Stranglehold today after randomly hitting Solo 3 a couple times last night before passing out. Tried it in practice, was back at square one, and decided to mess around with Pull Me Under some more instead. Still wasn't really happy with my lack of consistency on either Pre-Choruses, but decided I'd see how I go with the song anyways. Took me 4 runs to not overlap on the 4th activation, but in the end the FC itself didn't take long at all much to my surprise. My 2nd run was a -5 in Pre-Chorus 2, and after a few pre-pre-chorus 1 restarts (lol), got past Pre-Chorus 1 again... and promptly FCed the song. I have a fairly big weakness when it comes to chords, so I figured there'd be a few outro plinks to my name, but I never missed there once tonight, so woot!

Also much to my surprise, my score is (at the time of posting) 4th on 360, and 5th cross console. I suppose people are a little reluctant to learn paths on longer songs :p
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...or the notes are reluctant to let themselves being hit when you're not the one playing ! So jelly of how casual you make it sound, when it's actually wtf impossible xD

Alright, Stranglehold time now And I checked my ball (lolz), it's doing great, so I'll keep my predictions the way they are =P
Parama  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get PMU

it's like #84 seriously ._.

well congrats :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 psex! I'd probably try to kiss you if you weren't halfway around the globe good sir.

go go #80!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough song is tough. I wonder how EVERYBODY have benn getting near to 80 FCs in WT lately That game took me forever. Gogo at last 82!

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! Another toughie has been detoughened!
I was giving that song a few tries the other day, and I could hardly make it past the third activation (the pre-prechorus 1 section of doom). Hitting everything in this song in one run seems like a bitchfest.

Gogo Stranglehold! I always thought solo 3 was easier if I used 4th position lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay soooo I was looking over the PMU paths on pathhero and something puzzled me... neither of them look optimal to me. You can activate at the last beat of 112 and chain through the shreddy bit of Prechorus 1... then activate in the middle of the RYB in 131 and hit up to the first note of 138 under SP. I'm pretty sure this gets more points than the path as it currently stands... I could be wrong I guess since I haven't counted but you hit more notes under SP this way... I think? .-.

This is totally the wrong place for this but it's sort of relevant I guess?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on PMU! There are a lot of tough fills in the song, and the solo is tough. I think you can get #80 soon.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
...or the notes are reluctant to let themselves being hit when you're not the one playing ! So jelly of how casual you make it sound, when it's actually wtf impossible xD

Alright, Stranglehold time now And I checked my ball (lolz), it's doing great, so I'll keep my predictions the way they are =P
Yeah, you definitely need to check that ball. Well, in the very least Stranglehold wasn't next <_<

Parama wrote:
How did you get PMU

it's like #84 seriously ._.

well congrats :P
Y'see, the secret was that I hit all the notes from the first note of the song to the last note. The catch was though that I did not break combo throughout!

Of course, you've since discovered the secret to FCing PMU :p

Shock wrote:
<3 psex! I'd probably try to kiss you if you weren't halfway around the globe good sir.

go go #80!
I would think your fiance probably wouldn't appreciate such a gesture :p

Jellu wrote:
Tough song is tough. I wonder how EVERYBODY have benn getting near to 80 FCs in WT lately That game took me forever. Gogo at last 82!
I'm honestly really surprised by how quickly I've gotten to 80 over the past couple weeks. When I got to 69 with Crazy Train back in October, I figured it'd be a slow struggle to get to 70, let alone adding another 10 on top. Barely touched WT until the SHA FC in May (#70), and the last 10 FCs have come in the space of 16 days. It's crazy. And there's still more to come, although I'm already pleased enough as it is with 80 right now

At this stage, Stranglehold is just a matter of when, Overkill requires a bit more effort on Solo 3B and then most verses and choruses, and the only other song I'd say is possible for me at the moment is Hot For Teacher, but that would require a lot of work too. Ultimately, I reckon I could get to 85, but at least 82 would be neat at this juncture

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Hooray! Another toughie has been detoughened!
I was giving that song a few tries the other day, and I could hardly make it past the third activation (the pre-prechorus 1 section of doom). Hitting everything in this song in one run seems like a bitchfest.

Gogo Stranglehold! I always thought solo 3 was easier if I used 4th position lol.
Y'know, I'm almost certain I tried 4th position on Solo 3 at one stage. It definitely hasn't worked for me, but 3rd position certainly did, so when I can be bothered tomorrow I'll definitely give Stranglehold a whirl, and hopefully add to my tally once more.

Parama wrote:
Okay soooo I was looking over the PMU paths on pathhero and something puzzled me... neither of them look optimal to me. You can activate at the last beat of 112 and chain through the shreddy bit of Prechorus 1... then activate in the middle of the RYB in 131 and hit up to the first note of 138 under SP. I'm pretty sure this gets more points than the path as it currently stands... I could be wrong I guess since I haven't counted but you hit more notes under SP this way... I think? .-.

This is totally the wrong place for this but it's sort of relevant I guess?
Truth be told, I've used rubydanger for the most part, even though I'm well aware of its abilities to have incorrect paths for various different reasons on the odd occasion. I did have a look at pathhero after you'd posted, and I saw elScarecrow's path which pretty much matched up with the rubydanger path I used asides from a couple minute adjustments that would've added a couple notes to my score. I'd just trust his path over anything else considering his position on WT :p

BlueTornado wrote:
Congrats on PMU! There are a lot of tough fills in the song, and the solo is tough. I think you can get #80 soon.
Well, that "soon" wasn't as soon as I would've liked, BUT...

GHWT FC#80: No Sleep Till Brooklyn

I can honestly tell you that of the last 11 songs I've FCed, this was by far the most frustrating (which is amusing, considering one could argue it to be a lot easier than almost all the songs I got in the 70s :p). Manhattan was being such a bullshit section for me the past few days (and my guitar's ability to decide to suddenly overstrum at will because it feels like being a shitbag on any given day hasn't helped either). I had an overstrum in Manhattan last night, a number of runs where I missed only in Manhattan, and even one FC past Manhattan last night where I ended up plinking 20 notes from the end. That sucked.

Fortunately tonight it did eventually fall. The first few runs Manhattan was just being dreadful to me, so I sat in practice for a while trying to figure it out, figured out my issues with it, then went back to real runs. Took a few more runs to get past Manhattan, but once I did I produced FC #80

Like I said, I can't believe how quickly I have gotten to 80. Quite pleased with how that's turned out on the whole. I was genuinely expecting a much bigger struggle to 80 but I ain't gonna complain ^_^

I suppose Stranglehold is next on the chopping block. After that, well who knows. It'll definitely be tough from there. I should probably go back to medium now though. Kinda neglected that in all this expert shenaniganry.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, BOOOOOOOOOO @ shitbag guitar

Yay @ you though Keep producing fcs like you do ! With Stranglehold and Overkill, 82 is riiiight and left around the corner !
Parama  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah!

As a side note this song is frustrating because you have to play through three or so minutes of THE MOST BORING SONG EVER if you miss :/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Well, BOOOOOOOOOO @ shitbag guitar

Yay @ you though Keep producing fcs like you do ! With Stranglehold and Overkill, 82 is riiiight and left around the corner !
Well unfortunately that corner is about a mile away now as I'll explain shortly :p

Parama wrote:
Hurrah!

As a side note this song is frustrating because you have to play through three or so minutes of THE MOST BORING SONG EVER if you miss :/
Given how I genuinely enjoy plowing through easy and medium, that doesn't quite spell out "boring" to me haha. That said, the song itself is terrible, and because of said terribleness I was seriously contemplating FCing it on all difficulties on drums, vox and bass just so I could have zero reason to ever play it again (well, outside of whenever drama and I get around to playing/FCing WT in coop). I suppose I'll leave that project for another time.

So I don't have a Stranglehold FC to show off. I ended up polishing off medium and finished up 4th overall on 360, 5th cross console. That was neat. Also neat is the fact that I currently have 1st on Re-Education on both easy and medium, if purely because apparently I can hold ticks better than those before me. Woo!

So, as I have finished playing WT on medium, it does mean that I've moved onto the next game, which chronologically is Metallica. I know some of you have been looking forward to seeing how I fare here, so I thought I'd start with something fun and to a degree "overdue":

GHM FC #16: Creeping Death!

Now, I say this is "overdue" if purely because when I got the Creeping Death achievement over 2 years ago I knew I could FC it right there and then but didn't bother. Didn't take me too long tonight. Had to FC past the solo 3 times if purely a) because my guitar overstrummed 3 notes after the solo, and b) because of the fact that I play the main riff in 2nd position, I have a tendency to not hold down green on the very rare occasion, thus plinking, and one of those plinks happened to be past the solo. Outro B didn't even worry me one bit, regardless of how gross doing OBGs is haha. What I enjoyed the most was the fact that I learned all 9 activations first runthrough, which is pretty neat considering how repetitive the song is on the whole.

So that's just a starting point. Dunno how far I'll go on expert, but in the meantime there's plenty of easy/medium to go around too, which in fact I will get started on shortly. We shall see just how far I go

JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, nice! I remember attempting this a few times the last time I popped in GHM. Nothing too tricky, but the solo does have a few spots.. The main riff becomes pretty taxing especially if you have to do multiple runs in a row.

But anyways, I wish you luck on GHM and hope your endeavor proves as successful as your GHWT trek.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice FC with Creeping Death, the strumming in the solo is so awesome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 69 of 70

Jump to: