SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
psx: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Ooh, nice! I remember attempting this a few times the last time I popped in GHM. Nothing too tricky, but the solo does have a few spots.. The main riff becomes pretty taxing especially if you have to do multiple runs in a row.

But anyways, I wish you luck on GHM and hope your endeavor proves as successful as your GHWT trek.
Thanks! And yeah, t'was one of the many songs you were trying to no avail during your last stream. Honestly I get the feeling based on the random solos I've tried in practice that I'm probably gonna end up having more troubles with main riffs and such than actual solos. Definitely plenty more fish in the sea in the very least

Graf wrote:
Nice FC with Creeping Death, the strumming in the solo is so awesome
Indeed it is Graf, indeed it is. Mind you, I'm heavily biased towards strumming anyways (never would've guessed it huh!).

Oh look, its a new FC already!

GHM FC #18: Battery!!

(for the record, Tuesday's Gone was #17, but I couldn't be bothered showing that off outside of this random parenthesis that I've now typed for y'all >_>)

Last year when I FCed Battery in RB2, I thought I'd give the GHM chart a whirl while I was in the mood. I wrote it off fairly quickly, citing the slider section as "uhmm... those YRGs are too fast, stuff that!". Last night after FCing Creeping Death I started playing random solos mainly to get an idea of how far I could probably get in this game (spoiler alert: very far) and of course tried Battery's solo. Imagine my surprise when I FCed the slider section first try without even thinking about it. Ended up having to work on 9 Volt a fair bit (especially after my high score prior to the FC where I'd FCed outside of it), and even had to FC past the solo 3 times before producing the FC you see before you.

First failure past the solo was due to myself holding down blue for a YO chord (spoilers: that's detrimental to any FC attempt!) which I just laughed off and restarted, and the second was actually kinda glad about because I'd overlapped in the bridge when you're not supposed to so the score would've been horrible anyways. After that, I'd somehow managed to completely lose the main riff (mainly because of the chords, why they decided to suddenly not cooperate at that point in time I'll never know) and was about to give up all hope, but finally got it back, finally got back to FCing to the solo, and... well... the rest as they say is history Yay FC!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battery is One of my absolute favorite Metallica songs. Is it one of your favorite Metallica FC's? seewhatididthere

You're making me want to play this game again! Haha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray for another FC! Having just FCed the RB2 version a few weeks ago, I can relate to the main riff being a poophead especially after the solo (albeit the RB2 version as a whole is much easier).

Your comment about you possibly getting "very far" in this game is most exciting and I look forward to posting many a 'congrats' to you in this thread.

Oh by the way, I'm slowly working through GH5 Medium at the moment (keyword slowly, like 4-5 songs on a good day). I'm not sure if I'll finish before school starts, where I'll only be able to play the occasional weekend here and there, but I'll try. Anyways, I'll be interested in when you get around to going through GH5 again to see how I compare to your awesome skillz .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Battery is One of my absolute favorite Metallica songs. Is it one of your favorite Metallica FC's? seewhatididthere

You're making me want to play this game again! Haha
I in fact do see what you did there Graf! But yes, Battery (both in this and RB2) would be amongst my favourite Metallica FCs I would hope this does encourage you to play GHM again, because you'll have a very hard time playing all 660 songs again if you don't lol.

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Hooray for another FC! Having just FCed the RB2 version a few weeks ago, I can relate to the main riff being a poophead especially after the solo (albeit the RB2 version as a whole is much easier).

Your comment about you possibly getting "very far" in this game is most exciting and I look forward to posting many a 'congrats' to you in this thread.

Oh by the way, I'm slowly working through GH5 Medium at the moment (keyword slowly, like 4-5 songs on a good day). I'm not sure if I'll finish before school starts, where I'll only be able to play the occasional weekend here and there, but I'll try. Anyways, I'll be interested in when you get around to going through GH5 again to see how I compare to your awesome skillz .
Hooray indeed! Now that I've gotten a better handle on this game and where I stand, 40 seems like a good proper initial target to chase inbetween E/M shenanigans. Could probably get further than that, but small steps and all that jazz.

And yeah, I did notice you'd started chipping away at GH5M. Seemed rather random to me but I for one encourage any and all lower difficulty shenanigans It'll be interesting to see how we compare once I get to GH5

Anywho, here's some more FCs!

GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!

Nothing Else Matters
King Nothing
War Inside My Head
The Black River
Sad But True
The Memory Remains
Demon Cleaner
Mommy's Little Monster (Live)
Armed And Ready
Blood And Thunder
Beautiful Mourning
The Thing That Should Not Be

12 FCs tonight. Mostly filler, but at the same time plenty of fun solos and stuff. Blood and Thunder and especially Beautiful Mourning proved to be a bit of a pain in the butt to me, and for a chordfest Mommy's Little Monster was a real pain in the arse too (mind you, that's mainly because I'm a downstrumming idiot :p). Just randomly decided tonight that I wanted to get to 30 FCs, and so I did. Still a couple more freebies sitting there waiting to be taken, but after that'll come the hard work in the same vein as Battery/Creeping Death. Fun fun fun.

Also I've very much got my eye on Welcome Home (Sanitarium). I've hit 3A a number of times in practice, so its just a matter of when. Shit's still really hard mind you, so who knows. Definitely the one I want the most at this point in time. Woo strumming and all that jazz.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Parama  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well part of the problem is that Beautiful Mourning is way harder than everything else there.
Also that's a lot of FCs ._.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
mind you, that's mainly because I'm a downstrumming idiot

Welcome to the club. We've got jackets.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Shock  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done sir, this is probably my favorite game out of the series so I'll take a little extra pleasure in watching you knock out 40 something FC's. Go get em tiger!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done sir!(oops I must've been subconsciously affected by reading Shock's post XD) Battery is a very respectable FC, and shows you can almost certainly reach the 40 FC mark. Judging by your recent glut of FCs, that will come sooner rather than later.

And I didn't even comment on your NSTB FC! That is overdue of course, but the solo is very finnicky, so I commend you for grinding it out. I don't think I commented on PMU either, I think you just owned WT so hard that I either phased everything out, or was too stunned to comment :p Great job! Hope you can match that domination in GHM now!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Well done sir!(oops I must've been subconsciously affected by reading Shock's post XD) Battery is a very respectable FC, and shows you can almost certainly reach the 40 FC mark. Judging by your recent glut of FCs, that will come sooner rather than later.

And I didn't even comment on your NSTB FC! That is overdue of course, but the solo is very finnicky, so I commend you for grinding it out. I don't think I commented on PMU either, I think you just owned WT so hard that I either phased everything out, or was too stunned to comment :p Great job! Hope you can match that domination in GHM now!

I disagree and say you can full game FC EXPERT ON GUITARHERO Metallica really soon good luck with GUITARHERO Metallica
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cut the crap and FC Jordan already

UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
cut the crap and FC Jordan already

Do it. NOW

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70
Page 70 of 70

Jump to: