ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Mass Effect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what just blows my mind with this series?

ALL OF THIS SHIT IS JUST IN ONE FUCKING GALAXY! Surely I'm not the only one that has wondered what is going on in other galaxies as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah no kidding. I think this is a series that has alot of potential for a major franchise. Like Final Fantasy, but if all the games were in the same world. The Shepard trilogy is done, but I think they could do so much more.

All EA has to do is pull their head out of their ass and realize they need to treat their fanbase better. This isn't Call of Duty where the fanbase is mostly pointless and they could easily live off the millions of casual players who will buy the new Call of Duty, just because it's new, not caring what the new one brings.

ME is a series that needs the fans to truly survive. They got by with ME3, simply on hype, selling 2 million right away, but to come back to it, they'll need to get the fans behind them again.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool community special this weekend. If the community kills one million Brutes by Monday, everyone gets a victory pack. If you and a squad beat the Reapers on silver, you'll get a commendation pack which will include one of the collector edition N7 guns.

I know I'll have to max out my soldier and get some better equipment before attempting a silver reaper challenge. Silver is pretty crazy hard in comparison to Bronze lol
thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:

I know I'll have to max out my soldier and get some better equipment before attempting a silver reaper challenge. Silver is pretty crazy hard in comparison to Bronze lol

Personally I find soldiers pretty poor to be honest. Out of all the starting characters available I definitely think human engineer is the best (along with the obvious Human infiltrator)..the one I did the challenge with too...chain overload spam with a pistol for cooldown is absurdly powerful. Not to mention incinerate for armoured enemies and you can chuck out a drone for distraction if needs be. But really chain overload is just good. On Gold Infiltrators are much better but a good engineer is great for the whole squad.

If you've unlocked them then Salarian Infiltrator and Asari Adept are your best bets. Salarian Inf with a widow/black widow is easily the best character in the game. Personally I think bio explosions have too much set up time for anything other than an asari adept. But if you have two adepts/sentinals/vanguards on your team then bio explosions are fantastic for the challenge. By far the quickest way outside a missile for taking down a banshee. A partnership of a drell adept with reave and a vanguard just destroy.

Ironically I though MP would be a massive waste of time and couldn't wait for single player, instead MP has been pretty damn fun and the single player ending was just crushing.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
Erodyne  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Rant Reply with quote

Can I just leave a rant here? Okay. Major spoilers if you have not beaten the game.

Again, spoiler alert.

I pretty much have these problems:

1.) You are introduced to a new concept and character (mind you, an incredibly IMPORTANT concept and character) in the last 20 minutes. This is dumb. This is not good storytelling. For an important character like Sovereign, you had about the last half or last third of ME1 to get to know and understand the concepts and threats of him. For Harbinger, you had a whole game and a half. For the little boy, you had, again, 20 minutes. I was fine with him just being a post-traumatic memory of Shepard's.

2.) Everything about the Normandy scene is wrong and untrue to character. Shepard (and everyone else) made it clear that this was a one-way suicide mission. There was no going back unless there was victory. Yet, we see Joker escaping (with the crew, no less, even the ones that were JUST on Earth with you). Joker would not do this. He has never let Shepard down and wouldn't turn away like it is implied he has. The crew, your squad mates, especially wouldn't. More importantly with your squad mates, how in the hell did they get on the ship? Did Joker leave the air battle, go pick them up (saving no one else in the process), and then fly away? Apparently so.

3.) The mass relay destruction makes less than no sense. I may have missed something, but was it ever made clear that by a) sacrificing himself to control the reapers, b) merging synthetics and organics, or c) destroying all synthetics, that that would lead to the destruction of all intragalactic space travel? More importantly, this effectively traps EVERY race that had come to aid humanity against the reapers into the sol system. Millions upon millions of aliens are now doomed to a desolate planet. That just don't make a lick o' sense, and the repercussions are never even thought of.

4.) Shepard would not accept the fact that unless he does something as extravagant as any of these choices, everything is over. Shepard (or at least my Shepard) was all about diplomacy and coming to a peaceful conclusion. The choice wheel options you are given in the final dialogue are virtually similar, and have no effect on the final outcome, which brings me to my biggest point...

5.) The absence of any results of choice. I'm fine with having a bad ending. That's good, there should be that options in a game like this. I'm not all, "Durr, it's not all rainbows and puppies and sunshine, I hate it!" No. But the fact that these things happen REGARDLESS of anything you did in the last 75 hours of playthrough pisses me off. Yeah, there are 17 endings. How much do those endings have in common? About 90% to 95%. In all of the endings, you get Shepard sacrificing himself, a huge explosion happens that disables the reapers, the mass relays are destroyed, the Normandy crash lands on an earthlike jungle planet, the grandpa tells the story of "The Shepard", and you gets the credits and the advertisement for DLC. What? What happened to the geth and the quarians, whose centuries old conflict I resolved? What happened to the turians and krogans, who I united? What happened to the asari, the batarians, the drell, the salarians? These questions remain unanswered. All the work that I put into effective military status rating? Apparently that make Shepard have a little gasp at the end. Woo.

Bioware publicly stated that there would be no ending that people could ask each other, "Which one did you get?" (look it up). They essentially promised each would be unique. What did we get? This. Remember the end of Fallout: New Vegas? That showed what happened to each group of people that you helped or hurt, including the ones you affected and leaving out the ones you didn't. THAT was unique. I get three options of what I want to see at the end? Try harder, Bioware.

Now, I have only invested 13 days into the Mass Effect series. My friends recommended it to me, let me borrow the games, and I got hooked from start to finish. Thirteen days. I can only imagine how the people who have loved the games for more than 4 years feel.

It's really easy to compare it to the Star Wars prequels, really. It doesn't ruin what happened before, but it definitely taints your memory.

That is all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 416765768730
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, very disappointing with the last ten minutes of the game. They plan to "clarify" and hopefully expand upon the ending, which I'm hoping gives some real conclusion to show waht the choices ment for the galaxy and either completely removing the Normandy scene or at least giving it a reason, cause it's such a huge plothole. Really muddled an otherwise solid game.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, this hasn't been updated with the extended ending & Leviathan DLC.
Personally I found that the extended ending addressed most of the points that made the original ME3 ending so terrible, but I still don't like the fact that you spend the whole game getting these assets & it STILL means nothing...

Also, Leviathan DLC was good too. A little slow but the length makes it worth the money imo. Haven't seen the ending yet so no spoilers people!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't beaten the extended endings myself, though I saw the footage on them and I did like them a good bit more, but yeah they aren't the best they could've been. Probably won't get Leviathan anytime soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: