ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Extra-Life.Org - Anyone else participating?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Extra-Life.Org - Anyone else participating? Reply with quote

Why hello everybody!!

Anyone else doing the Extra-Life.Org event this year? I am doing it this year with Children's Hospital - Pittsburgh.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=34349

This time I am going after Game 1 of Berzerk on the Atari 2600. This version is the one that has the ever elusive 1 mil score that I have been going after. Its going to take me roughly 11 hours to get there.

I'm not stopping until I get this score. I'm not turning off the game unless the house is on fire.

As always, it will be streamed on my Twitch.TV account, http://www.twitch.tv/mightysquirrel

Anyone else participating in this great event?
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Good luck Squirrel!

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm doing a Rock Band 3 full band marathon for this on Saturday, here is my page:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=39525

Trying to rack up a few gold stars and get a few donations at least. I won't be playing the full 24 hours, so I will definitely check out your stream after we are done playing!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Nice! Good luck Squirrel!

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm doing a Rock Band 3 full band marathon for this on Saturday, here is my page:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=39525

Trying to rack up a few gold stars and get a few donations at least. I won't be playing the full 24 hours, so I will definitely check out your stream after we are done playing!

I may still be playing Berzerk at that point XD

Good luck to you too, I'm excited to do this This is my first one.

I am starting at 10AM EST playing Berzerk, and I won't hit my target score until 9PM EST. XD
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing the event, Rock Band 3 the whole way. We're going to have a full house going, RB in the basement, and other games throughout the house. There's about a half dozen of us fundraising and we picked up $600 so far. The rest of the people who will be there will make some kind of donation at the door for the pot... basically a party with a fundraiser aspect instead of a straight fundraiser.

Anyway congrats in advance to everyone else doing this, should be a blast.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool You should have a stream going with general webcams across the place, and a stream for each mini setup, if you have the computer power to do it.

FFSplit is free to use
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hit $1000.

Also apparently AlienWare is lending us stuff to use, which would mean more to me if I had any idea what that means.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice job! I'm happy to get $50 so far, since I only decided I was doing this last weekend :P I'm thinking I'll tweet HMX or something, maybe get a few more dollars before the marathon starts. Friday is payday so I hope to donate a bit to everyone's thing once that happens...

As a side note, I found out the Microsoft store 5 miles from me is doing a marathon for this event, you pay $24 to get in the door and there's gaming set-ups everywhere. Basically like one huge party. First 50 to come by get a big bag 'o swag! I wish I could go, that sounds awesome, so I posted on the reddit post saying it looked like fun, and the store owner wrote me and said he'd love for me to help with next year's party. So I think I've got next year's plans wrapped up, hopefully we can have a Rock Band setup at the store.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I hadn't thought about the possibility of this being an annual thing but it might turn out that way.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Wow, nice job! I'm happy to get $50 so far, since I only decided I was doing this last weekend :P I'm thinking I'll tweet HMX or something, maybe get a few more dollars before the marathon starts. Friday is payday so I hope to donate a bit to everyone's thing once that happens...

As a side note, I found out the Microsoft store 5 miles from me is doing a marathon for this event, you pay $24 to get in the door and there's gaming set-ups everywhere. Basically like one huge party. First 50 to come by get a big bag 'o swag! I wish I could go, that sounds awesome, so I posted on the reddit post saying it looked like fun, and the store owner wrote me and said he'd love for me to help with next year's party. So I think I've got next year's plans wrapped up, hopefully we can have a Rock Band setup at the store.

That's awesome I am sure that with a bit of advertising and whatnot, you'll get full bands to play there.

This is my first year as well. I am pretty stoked for it

Some other interesting news, Josh Jones from RecordSetter will be tuning into my stream, for instant verification of the record if I crack 1 mil, as soon as the game ends. How cool is that?!?!

I am also modifying my Street Fighter 4 TE stick to work on the Atari... JUST in case my hands hurt too bad from the classic stick. I plan on doing a quick run on stream of Berzerk on the Sanwa stick, to see how it feels before the big day. I would rather have arcade controls than using a hand cramping joystick.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the record

The epic ending is at 10:50:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAW_yH9ok0M
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: