ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Halo Series (Master Cheese Collection: November 2014)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly really excited about Halo 4. Sarg, this1neguy - you guys finally ready to make that Gamebattles team?

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
Honestly really excited about Halo 4. Sarg, this1neguy - you guys finally ready to make that Gamebattles team?

Nope. Not getting Halo 4 for a bit. 0 interest in it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, that's unfortunate. It really does look like they've made a quality product, and from what I've seen of MLG Dallas this year, Halo 4 looks to be a highly competitive game (unlike Reach... >_>).

We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the "Forward Unto Dawn" mini-series which was fantastic and got me rather excited for Halo again, though I'm not buying the game at launch, just gonna rent it. First time I've done this for Halo as I'm just not into the console shooters much anymore. Really wish Microsoft made the game for PC again.
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Halo 4 tournament at MLG Dallas turned out to be a huge success, and was tons of fun to watch. I forgot to post here to watch it, but I think they'll be rebroadcasting a lot of the matches on twitch.tv tomorrow (Monday, the 6th) if anyone wants to watch. I called the winning team and the finals, after the first round

a LOT of the new mechanics became apparent in this tournament, such as which primary weapons are going to be used the most, and how many shots it takes to kill with each weapon. DMR was used the most by a long shot, some purists stayed with the BR, and the carbine was wholistically ignored. (storm rifle or w/e was an on-map weapon in the mlg settings apparently, no one really used it). Overall, the game is a lot more fast paced than reach, pretty similar to the recent MLG settings on it, if not even faster since everyone has sprint. It's rather similar to CoD in some aspects, but I guess that's not that big of a deal, still ridiculously excited to pick it up at midnight and play a couple games, before studying all week >_>

I don't think this game will crash and burn like Reach did, and I sincerely hope it doesn't.
NU Grad 2015
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the bloom taken off or no?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloom was removed for the Battle Rifle, Light Rifle, Carbine, Beam Rifle, and Binary Rifle. Though the DMR still has it, but it makes sense due to the DMR being precise like a laser pointer. It's still there for automatic weapons though, and the sniper for some reason.

GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not like the bloom on the sniper has made any difference, so it isn't really a problem I guess.

Last edited by GregoryZero on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Styrofoam Boots PSN Name: xxB0NGR1PZxx420
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloom on the DMR is very negligible. It acts like it isn't even there, really.

Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing for a bit using my Roommate's copy, it's actually playing pretty well so far. Promethean vision is OP as shit and if you don't use it you're at a disadvantage it seems like so far.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, prom vision is essentially radar for nonmoving people... As long as it isn't used in game types without radar it's not too too overpowered in my opinion.
NU Grad 2015
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other annoyances:
    Join mid-game is a horrible idea
    The game continuing to start even when people leave as soon as it locks you in is horrible. It should just look for another player to fill the spot and not start game until it has the required players
    Not being able to move with the scoreboard up is annoying

Edit: Also that the DMR makes the BR completely obsolete. That's kind of lame.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... How's the campaign? Or am I the only person that plays singleplayer games anymore haha.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have enjoyed the game very much so far... Some strange moments though that hit me like "Woah. I'm playing Halo 4 right now and it really feels like Halo again."

It seems to have some kind of charm that ODST and Reach were just missing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat the campaign in one sitting today, took about 6-7 hours on normal. It was solid, nothing spectacular or anything. Pretty much a standard Halo affair with new guns and a new enemy type. It really shows a more human side to Chief and Cortana which is interesting. Will start working my way through it on legendary, which might actually be harder than the others because I have a feeling prometheans are going to be annoying to fight on legendary. But we will see.

Haven't played mutiplayer yet but it looks better than reach. I hated reach so that's not hard to do. Won't be as good as Halo 2, cause no Halo will live up to Halo 2 IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 128 of 132

Jump to: