ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S14: Guitar Hero II Hard Guitar - CPURules wins!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can we see week 1 scores? i think i beat some of my old scores but didnt submit them...also did this on the xbox with the unlock all cheat >_>

EDIT: this week was really easy for me. i didn't have much time but thankfully everything fell into place including FoP FC on my 2nd try

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
how can we see week 1 scores? i think i beat some of my old scores but didnt submit them...also did this on the xbox with the unlock all cheat >_>

EDIT: this week was really easy for me. i didn't have much time but thankfully everything fell into place including FoP FC on my 2nd try

not sure if you can. this is why i take pictures of everything haha.

i sat down to try redoing WWIMRLN and actually doing FoP tonight and lo and behold my SG decides that tonight is the night it's going to start plinking if i hit the strum bar even a little to hard (i.e. it's overstrumming). i managed to get through FoP but I safe-squeezed everything since i hit the strum bar really hard when i squeeze hard.

oh well. hopefully it's just doing this tonight and goes back to normal for next week <_<

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CPURules PSN Name: CPURules Wii Friend Code: 128972220998
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaaand, I'm out. My guitar is overstrumming really bad making it impossible to play. I knew it was going to get to this point eventually, I could just tell in the way the strum bar was acting It was really bad last night. I don't have the time nor patience right now to really mess with fixing it or buying a new one. Makes me sad because I felt like I had a chance here. Oh well, maybe next time. I'll just have to not submit scores for the next two weeks to be dropped out.

As for this week, I felt I did pretty good. Got some pretty decent scores. So if anything, I at least improved a handful of scores for myself during the past couple weeks

EDIT: Oh, wow. CPU is also having an issue! lol How odd that we posted literally at the same time about the same thing. Except mine is PRETTY bad...
CPURules  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Aaaaaaaand, I'm out. My guitar is overstrumming really bad making it impossible to play. I knew it was going to get to this point eventually, I could just tell in the way the strum bar was acting It was really bad last night. I don't have the time nor patience right now to really mess with fixing it or buying a new one. Makes me sad because I felt like I had a chance here. Oh well, maybe next time. I'll just have to not submit scores for the next two weeks to be dropped out.

As for this week, I felt I did pretty good. Got some pretty decent scores. So if anything, I at least improved a handful of scores for myself during the past couple weeks

EDIT: Oh, wow. CPU is also having an issue! lol How odd that we posted literally at the same time about the same thing. Except mine is PRETTY bad...

wow that is very odd. mine is thankfully not to the point where it's unplayable, like i said i just have to watch it carefully... i'm just worried that it'll cut out on my entirely before the end of the season. the other guitar i have works perfectly EXCEPT the whammy is 100% dead :l

good luck for this week though, i hope you at least get to go out with a bang!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CPURules PSN Name: CPURules Wii Friend Code: 128972220998
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like I'll have some competition this week, that's pretty exciting. Unfortunately I was only just able to bang out a FoP FC, it's a pretty terrible score. My other three scores are pretty good, I got two new firsts so I'm hoping I win both of those songs at least XD

Sorry to hear about you guys and your guitar issues, you were both great competition and I would hate to not have you guys in the playoffs at all
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Sounds like I'll have some competition this week, that's pretty exciting. Unfortunately I was only just able to bang out a FoP FC, it's a pretty terrible score. My other three scores are pretty good, I got two new firsts so I'm hoping I win both of those songs at least XD

Sorry to hear about you guys and your guitar issues, you were both great competition and I would hate to not have you guys in the playoffs at all

Well, nice to know I at least beat someone in FoP. lol I, too, got a new 1st place score on another song, so this shall be interesting!
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:

If the problem is because it's sticking slightly then spray underneath the strum bar itself (i.e. so it goes inside the mechanism) with WD40. Works a treat.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Confury  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, got 1st on at least one of the songs (and it's a global untied 1st as well!). Song breakdown time.

Cherry Pie: That 2nd act is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Takes quite a few tries to hit it. The last act I didn't have any trouble with though. Got the tied 1st score 3 times. But getting an extra tick is like, insanely hard. I have 6-7 runs with an extra tick or two after that YO chord and missed the final squeeze every time.

Bad Rep: Was surprised at the score that I got. I think I hit the R hold for the final act incredibly early which net me those ticks.

WWIMRLN: This score was totally lucky. Before this run, I had hit the 4th act once and the 5th act zero times. Somehow managed to both not choke and get ok ticks on the final activation as well. Alex and Schmegery's scores are insane @_@

FoP: Thankfully was able to FC the song multiple times without much trouble, but squeezing this song is so silly. I hit every squeeze using the bigger squeeze path and am still over 900 points below the estimated score. Holding ticks and early whammying in this song is ridiculous.

As for this week's songs... FTK and H18 don't look too bad in terms of squeezes. War Pigs doesn't look too hard either but I hate going for good scores on long songs. Insti will probably be the hardest of the 4, lots of places to drop ticks and some tricky activations.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is going to be a good week. i've been too lazy to redux war pigs because its too long but now i have an excuse. and hangar 18 is by far my favorite song to play

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I was able to win on WWIMRLN, with everyone posting about their good scores I was worried someone outdid me. I was able to get an extra squeeze on the third act, and actually didn't screw it up :p Kind of sad I missed first on Bad Rep by one freaking tick, but props to you for actually doing the reverse tick squeeze. I just activated on the next note instead. Cherry Pie I did not try again after getting my score, though I knew it was only so-so. FoP of course was the problem song, so I'm not too surprised at my failure on that one. I'm just glad I didn't shift in the overall rankings at all :p

This week, I have no idea what to expect, aside from H18 being the hardest FC here, so it'll be nice to get another new FC anyway. (well all of them will be new, but still)
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Confury  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Kind of sad I missed first on Bad Rep by one freaking tick, but props to you for actually doing the reverse tick squeeze. I just activated on the next note instead.

That's what I did as well, activated on that B sustain. Guess I just squeezed the hell out of that shit lol.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
schmegery  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Glad I was able to win on WWIMRLN, with everyone posting about their good scores I was worried someone outdid me. I was able to get an extra squeeze on the third act, and actually didn't screw it up :p Kind of sad I missed first on Bad Rep by one freaking tick, but props to you for actually doing the reverse tick squeeze. I just activated on the next note instead. Cherry Pie I did not try again after getting my score, though I knew it was only so-so. FoP of course was the problem song, so I'm not too surprised at my failure on that one. I'm just glad I didn't shift in the overall rankings at all :p

This week, I have no idea what to expect, aside from H18 being the hardest FC here, so it'll be nice to get another new FC anyway. (well all of them will be new, but still)

I just want to say I feel like an idiot right now. I was sitting here thinking how the heck did you squeeze that many ticks and now I see you picked up an extra squeeze on the 3rd act. Now the part about me being an idiot is that I didn't even think to try for that squeeze when most of my runs I got through at least half of the O sustain. As much as I hate the song now, I want to redux again with that squeeze

Also, I did notice you could activate on the nn on bad rep, but I never tried it since I figured more points were possible with the reverse tick squeeze. I missed so many times or didn't get the squeeze, I should have just activated nn

I thought someone would beat my cherry pie score or at least more ties so I'm happy with that and FoP actually didn't take me too long surprisingly.

Overall, I won 7 out of 12 songs across the 3 leagues and 1st place in each for the round so I guess I shouldn't be complaining
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking back, I am extremely busy this week. For each song, Including GH:WoR Expert (the other league I'm in), it will likely be one run of each song and that's it. I may squeeze in a second run on some songs, but I think I have only one day this week to do leagues.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as I had to finish all my league songs by today (back home for the weekend, didn't bring my ps2) I doubt this will be my best week. One song I am so-so about, I got a good score but I missed a squeeze that I hit before, so it's not as good as I was hoping for. The other three songs I am ok with, though probably only one song I am truly happy with. Not enough time to hit every squeeze :p At least I'm practically guaranteed a spot in the playoffs, should be interesting to see how things play out
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Davers  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there is no way I can compete any longer I tried, but it's just overstrums too bad. I think it's a broken switch on the inside since the strum bar is so incredibly loose. I would attempt to fix it (and still might in the future) but as of right now, I really don't have the time to want to mess with it.

Sorry guys. Being in the playoffs would have been awesome though (still might since I think even failing this week would still get me in???) Best of luck to you all!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: