ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3/Aspyr Registry entry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cossiah  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: GH3/Aspyr Registry entry Reply with quote

long story short, had gh3 installed on my pc, reformatted a few months later, copied all my programs back directly into the program files folder, and now gh3 wont load

as far is a can tell, i need to make a new registry entry for gh3 and Aspyr. can someone, anyone either export the entry (just the aspyr folder) or post a screen shot of the entry.

otherwise im going to have to drive 5 hours back home from college to get my copy of the game and reinstall and lose my save and crap.

any help would be well appreciated.
hulkster  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings fellow rockers

I'd have the same request as cossiah

But first, the reasons:

So i reformatted the main partition and reinstalled windows. Now when i try to run Guitar Hero III i get:

"There was a problem finding or creating one of game's standard registry entries. Please contact Aspyr customer support"

Obviously the problem is the lack of registry keys and the simplest solution would be to reinstall the game.

And now where the problem starts. Since im running Windows XP 64bit version i'm not able to install the game directly from DVD (since aspyr was lazy enough not to test the game on this system and prevent the installation "XP 64bit not supported bla bla bla"). In order to reinstall the game I'd have to:

1) Copy the entire DVD to HD
2) Replace the installer with the fixed one (or fix the original myself)
3) Install the game from HD to HD
4) I'd have to keep the copy of my current installation since the 1.3 patch has the same OS restrictions
5) Overwrite the new installation with the old installation files

It isn't hard to calculate that I would need at least 6GB of free HD space, the space i dont have.

And that's why I'd like someone to post/PM/upload/send via e-mal the registry keys. They probably would be in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASPYR\Guitar Hero III
but I'm not sure

Of course I own the original copy of the game, if anyone want's a proof i can send a photo of me holding the box

If your CD-KEY is somewhere in the registry keys dont send me this one but write how does it look or X the key part, for example:

String value: CD-KEY="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

Thanks in advance
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: GH3/Aspyr Registry entry Reply with quote

cossiah wrote:
long story short, had gh3 installed on my pc, reformatted a few months later, copied all my programs back directly into the program files folder, and now gh3 wont load

as far is a can tell, i need to make a new registry entry for gh3 and Aspyr. can someone, anyone either export the entry (just the aspyr folder) or post a screen shot of the entry.

otherwise im going to have to drive 5 hours back home from college to get my copy of the game and reinstall and lose my save and crap.

any help would be well appreciated.
Registry is something I don't touch, but could you get someone at home to mail you your disc?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hulkster wrote:
And that's why I'd like someone to post/PM/upload/send via e-mal the registry keys. They probably would be in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASPYR\Guitar Hero III
but I'm not sure
That's the right path, except the Aspyr isn't all-caps, it's "Aspyr". The CD key isn't in the registry there. All that's there are two strings called "Language", with a value "en" for me, and "Path", with a value of "C:\Program Files\Aspyr\Guitar Hero III\" for me. Once you make the folders under SOFTWARE by doing right click > New > Key, make the strings with right click > New > String Value.
Note that there are also some normal uninstall registry keys so it appears in add/remove programs, but they shouldn't be necessary to run or uninstall the program.
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
hulkster  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, thats what i needed
suljo  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

by the way i wolud help you......jus let me upload this to somewhere and i willllllllllll give you link......................

link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/409128739/aspyr.reg

try it on........
makobec  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

thanks TSobobera you helped me but please delete the quotations in the file path in the registry. it must be this C:/Program Files/Aspyr/Guitar Hero
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: