ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Final Fantasy thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay....so I lied on my last post being my last post...took a gander over here and saw some familiar faces of people who know who I am.

Anyway, I feel bad for the people who had to take hours to get the lucky coin fragment I got it in 30 minutes of playing.

NOT INCLUDING my blind playthrough, which is something I always do on FF games, it took me just over 58 hours to platinum the game.

****MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS AHEAD****

Thoughts:

The new crystarium can really screw you over if you have no clue that there IS a correct way to level up on it. That is why after I beat the game I started a fresh playthrough. I had hell with the final boss because I didn't level properly on it. I really didn't like how it did matter how you leveled. But the end result of leveling properly makes you unstoppable.

I do like how it wasn't as linear as it's predecessor and you could skip around, made early leveling easier, I'm a firm believer in it.

The story itself was eh, seems to me that the writers just threw shit together and tried to cover it up by using the non-existant time flow in Valhala as an excuse for certain ways the game operated as well as the whole "change the future, you change the past" theme.

Well....it was only a matter of time til SE decided to try and line their pockets even more, thanks for the incomplete game that I have to wait for DLC to finish the fucking story. $60 wasn't enough for you? Didn't know this was a Capcom game....

Music, wasn't half bad...still prefer Nobuo Uematsu's music.

Conclusion:

The game overall wasn't bad, I think it deserved a better rating than it got, but there are some definite wtf's with it.

As an avid FF player only never having played FF3 (will one day if they ever put it on a console..maybe I'll just borrow one of my kid's DS), FF11 and FF14 (no desire to play either of these) and probably in the minority group in thinking FF12 and FF13 were good, I still give it a thumbs up.

The day I quit buying new FF games is when they make one worse than FF8....I fucking hate that one, it is literally the only FF game I played through and beat and never touched again.
meister  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
meister wrote:
And now that I finished XIII-2, I thought I would play XIII a bit. I still need 5 million more gil to have enough to upgrade every weapon That'll be a little over 30 platinum ingots, with a 25% chance to get one, meaning about 130 adamantoise fights even at 3 minutes per fight (counting loading screens) that would be almost 7 hours
If 5 million is about all you need, then you probably have more than enough accessories and weapons to sell off to make up the remaining 5 mill. That's how I finished off the game when I had about 15 accessories remaining. So long as you've had possession of each individual weapon and accessory at some point in time during the course of the savefile the game is happy to give you the achievement/trophy once you've talked to the lil robot fella.

Thanks! I didn't even think to upgrade the weapons and then sell them to make more money

Edit: I got to the end and went to the robot, who didn't give me the trophy. I was about to give up but then (several hours later) I started to make a list of the weapons, and looked at an older save, and noticed one of Lightning's weapons from gilgamesh was missing and I didn't remember buying one for her, so I tried it and it got me the trophy! It would have sucked to give up on ever finishing that and never knowing I was that close

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
zX1337Xz  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands of Time puzzle. Biggest waste of my fucking time. Seriously spent about 45 minutes on the last stage of the puzzles. So fucking pointless.

Pls, does this website still exist? Such nostalgia, such wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vindications Wii Friend Code: 468266225949
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up the Sazh DLC, and pretty much got what I expected: yes you do get a "backstory" but quite clearly its just an excuse for them to let you play their fancy card games and eventually have Sazh as a selectable "monster" which is fine by me to be honest Poker is as one would expect, but Chronobind on the other hand is actually quite the unique and interesting game to play. Took a few games to understand exactly how it works, but once I started really getting into it, turned out to be pretty fun. Haven't quite finished the DLC yet, still gotta run Chocolina's errands, but I do at least have Sazh's crystal now No surprise he is a Synergist.

On a side note, after chatting to a friend about FF in general, I decided to start replaying FFX-2. (...put those pitchforks down kiddies) I'm one of the few who actually was quite entertained by the game, but despite that I never got around to 100%ing the game. Apparently my old file is sitting on a measly 88% after 93 hours, but I'm just gonna leave that be and start afresh. Might even give Blitzball a proper go. I absolutely hated Blitzball in X-2, loved it to bits in X, but maybe I'll be able to work it out this time around. Also, LeBlanc's theme > *
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So playing through FF12 again...I chose to face off against the Hell Wyrm at level 59 for lulz in one straight playthrough.

And I beat him o_o

Took an hour mind you...but still I'm really impressed! That was a fucking hard battle for that level imo (no gambits either).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am a bit late to the party. I just started with my first Final Fantasy game. It was FFXIII. Can't say I've beaten it, but I have played far enough in to give an honest opinion. Contrary to what I heard of people of some (unfairly) bashing FFXIII, I liked it. Even though I can admit that the first 10 chapters (out of 13) are linear for an RPG, I loved the battle system in the game enough to ignore that and any shortcomings in the plot.

Unfortunately, due to difficult bosses towards the end of the game (read: Barthandelus), I haven't made it past the second Barthandelus fight, even with any strategy I can get. Maybe I just suck at RPG's. XD

Still, this has sparked a new interest for the Final Fantasy series and for RPG's. I plan on playing FFVI, FFVII, FFX (waiting until the HD collection of it and X-2 comes out), FFXII, and FFIX before the end of the year.

Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....anybody else hear about the rumor that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is being moved over to the PS4 and being renamed to Final Fantasy XV?

Any thoughts anyone?[url][/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: