ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What do you guys think of Dishonored?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
82erkle  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: What do you guys think of Dishonored? Reply with quote

I've heard good things in reviews out there, but I want to get my fellow gamer's opinions on it. Long/interesting story mode? Any replay value? Worth spending 50 bucks on? Any feedback is appreciated.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only finished the first 3 or 4 "real" missions so far, and it's definitely a pretty good game. The reviews seem pretty spot on with what I've read.

I don't know to recommend it without knowing what other types of games you like. The combat is very much like Bioshock, but it's not a shooter (as in, you have limited bullets, and you'd have a bad time to try and barrel your way through the game shooting everything). The stealth and powers are extremely similar to Deus Ex: Human Revolution (which is also a wonderful game IMO) and also kind of like Batman: Arkham Asylum/City. Like Deus Ex: HR it's the player choice that makes the game very fun - you can approach situations and do almost anything you can think of, and you are rewarded for exploring. The visual style is similar to Bioshock and also kind of Fable-esque (some people may be turned off by the smooth graphics but I've grown to love it, it suits the game). I can't comment on the story much because I'm only still at the beginning really.

I can already tell without beating the game yet that I'm going to replay it, because I've screwed up and killed more people than I wanted to, so if I want a better ending I'll want to play it again. I've heard one play through can take around 15 hours. But with exploration and replays I can see myself spending 50 hours with this game. That seems worth $50 to me but hey, it's all about your budget. 2012 has been a lackluster year as far as strong game releases in my opinion, so considering the only other games I got/am getting this year were Borderlands 2 and Assassins Creed 3, Dishonored is a nice change of pace. I would say it stands out as one of the year's best games.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you say that in terms of stealth action games it does pretty well? I've been looking for something to cure my stealth itch but I've yet to find anything that actively does it.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think it's a very strong stealth action game. You can go about it being totally stealthy and never alerting anyone (which I've found to be quite difficult, but possible to do), or you can attack enemies if you want to. Keeping in mind I'm not at all a stealth game expert, I did play Batman and Deus Ex:HR and this game is more of the same, although I think finding alternate paths and solutions is the most satisfying in this game.

At the very least its absolutely worth renting if you like stealth games, but renting games isn't what it used to be... I'd say if you can afford it, buy it and support the devs. It's so rare to play something really unique these days.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
sapfire  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the game does a lot that's good and tries to be creative but imo it falls flat in a lot of areas. playing through stealthy+non lethal is extremely unrewarding and boring. it consists primarily of abusing dark vision (wallhack v 2.0) and Blink (teleport) to take targets out and hide bodies. the vast majority of powers that can affect people are lethal; making bodies disappear on death, summoning a swarm of vicious rats, stopping time to take out many people at once etc. I think Errant Signal did an episode on the game that more or less hit the nail on the head from a setting perspective; the whole setting seems realy disjunct from what you're doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: