ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories - 5/21 - New Video: Paul Williams

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories - 5/21 - New Video: Paul Reply with quote

Who else is excited about this? I haven't been so excited for an album since... Hypnotize by System of a Down. That was way back in my middle school days. Yeah. It's like that.

Get Lucky is the first single and it is just too damn catchy. Nile Rodgers bringing the funk on this track.

Here is a series of interviews with collaborators on the album:

Giorgio Moroder
Todd Edwards
Nile Rodgers
Pharrell Williams
Panda Bear
Chilly Gonzales
DJ Falcon
Paul Williams

I'll try to update the list of interviews as they are released. I found them the other night and watched all of them. Especially loved the Nile Rodgers and Chilly Gonzales interviews.

Last edited by tormentedbyu on Mon May 13, 2013 3:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: omnomnomSH
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited about this too! Can't wait to hear more from them.

After reading some of the comments on Get Lucky on reddit it sounds like a lot of people aren't a fan of the music style and say it's not "Daft Punk-y" enough. I really like it though, it's a lot of fun and different too. I'm curious how different the rest of the songs on the album will be.

If you like that song you might also like Chromeo, they have a very fun disco-y electronic music style as well.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very excited, Daft Punk was one of my first artists when I was introduced to electronic music. I'm also excited for a possible tour.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New collaborator interview up in OP.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I presume you guys got the new album. What do you think of it? I like it a lot, but it's pretty different from other Daft Punk so I'm curious what others think.

Standout tracks are definitely Give Life Back to Music, Giorgio By Moroder and Get Lucky, but I really like the whole thing as one complete work.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
So I presume you guys got the new album. What do you think of it? I like it a lot, but it's pretty different from other Daft Punk so I'm curious what others think.

Standout tracks are definitely Give Life Back to Music, Giorgio By Moroder and Get Lucky, but I really like the whole thing as one complete work.

Doin' It Right is now one of my favorite songs of all time. I also LOVED Give Life Back to Music, Touch, Beyond, Contact, and Within, just to name a few. I agree, the album is pretty damn good. There are a couple of weak links, but overall RAM did not disappoint me. Lots of moments that gave me chills. That's what makes good music to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: