ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tutorial: Changing the on-screen notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcomicboyisback  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Tutorial: Changing the on-screen notes Reply with quote

I've gotten into texture modding a lot lately, and figured i'd post some stuff i've learned.

BACK UP ALL FILES IN CASE YOU MAKE A MISTAKE!!

Alright, for this tutorial you are going to need
Guitar Hero Control Panel (the newest version.)
MS Paint or Photoshop or any other image editing program

1.) Open Guitar Hero Control Panel and load your game settings.
2.) Go to Game Management, and load Texture Explorer. this will take some time, so just wait.
3.) Click the little Plus Sign box next to ZONES, and scroll down until your see global_gfx.tex, double click it so you see the image # to your right.
4.) Scan through the images to find the notes you want to edit. once you found one, double click to load it, then extract it and save it as a png.
5.) open it in your image editing program (paint, photoshop etc.) and edit it to what you want (if you want rockband notes, PM me i'll give them to you premade)
6.) once your finished with the editing, go back into the texture explorer, find the same image you edited, click replace, find your edited PNG, select it and click Rebuild Container!

i do not recomend trying to change out the hammer-on star power notes, i got problems of white blinking around the note in game that gets really irritating

repeat those steps for each note you want to edit and then load up guitar hero to see how it looks! (sorry this doesn't have images with the tutorial, i have no working print screen key)
7immyJ  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: BlackBox Reply with quote

I've been messing around trying to change the note colors. I extract and save as .png. Edit the note, replace and rebuild and there is a black box around the note. When I changed the color in paint I erased the whole black box. When I save in paint there is no black box in the preview, but once I play, it's there. Any ideas?

I tried converting the .png to .dds and that doesn't work either.

I even went back to everything normal. Extracted the green note and instantly replaced with the same note and rebuilt and even with the normal note it has black box around it.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think regular MS Paint is a good tool to use for this, because I don't think it supports transparency. Try Paint.NET (or Photoshop if you already have it).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: