Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
BigFatBob's Quest to Become Un-BigFat: Week 45
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, my girlfriend has been going through some self-esteem problems, she unfortunately became a part of the freshman 15, and since we started dating she's gained around 30 lbs. She decided the other day to start dieting and exercising, but she still felt poorly about herself and afraid she wouldn't get the results she wanted. I showed her your story and where you started to now where you are, and it has truly inspired her. She feels confident that she can get the body she wants because of how well you battled adversity and triumphed, and now she's gonna stick with her diet and exercising and try as hard as she can to reach her goal. I'm also gonna diet and be more active and get back under 200 again to help myself and continue to support her.

I thought you'd like to know this, and I would like to thank you for your unintentional help

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be the only one wondering what Bob's been up to, right? Have you continued to lose weight? Stayed at 200? I want to know! I've missed your updates
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
I can't be the only one wondering what Bob's been up to, right? Have you continued to lose weight? Stayed at 200? I want to know! I've missed your updates

+1. UPDATE! UPDATE!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:

+1. UPDATE! UPDATE!

Same, actually. No pressure though. Still, we're all just dying to know if you've maintained your success so far :P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, we must know! How are you feeling, did you improve your run times, are you still going, etc.
PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. What are you up to now?

Unless you're fat again. If that's the case, please don't destroy our spirits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
Rishi  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I don't come here very often, but I HAD to come on here and see how the progress was going

I sat down and thought I'd read your entire progress until now and I don't really know what to say to be honest man! This is nothing short of inspirational!! Your willpower and drive to achieve a loss as amazing as this is just fantastic!

Keep up the good work and you'll have reached/surpassed your goals before you know it! I myself have been trying to get more muscular and lose a skinny stereotype I've always had, but this is just putting me to shame!!

www.justgiving.com/rishib

Please donate! =)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
youhas  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerM3tal wrote:

Aw, that's not terribly nice.

It's really easy to share information with a community when the chips are up and success is finding you at every turn. "I lost weight! I got a raise at work! The cute girl I met at the restaurant kissed me!" You get all sorts of accolades and attaboys and virtual slaps on the back, commending you for your bad-assery. Let the good times roll!

It can be a lot tougher to be as open with that information when you're floundering, backsliding on previously-made progress, or otherwise struggling. It's really easy to get down on yourself in those circumstances. "I have disappointed everyone. All these people were living vicariously through me, and I have let those people down." It can be really easy to talk yourself into a head-space where instead of giving negative progress updates, you give no progress updates - better to let everyone keep living the dream rather than splash cold water on their happy thoughts. Logically, you probably know that the community will have your back... but emotionally, it can be a total bitch, where you might be riddled with self-doubt about such matters.

Personally, I of course hope that Bob is happy with himself and simply too busy to post here, having found a wellspring of self-confidence that keeps him otherwise socially occupied. But if that's not the case, I would still welcome his updates with open arms, no matter what his status or potentially revised personal goals might be.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
PowerM3tal wrote:

Aw, that's not terribly nice.

It's really easy to share information with a community when the chips are up and success is finding you at every turn. "I lost weight! I got a raise at work! The cute girl I met at the restaurant kissed me!" You get all sorts of accolades and attaboys and virtual slaps on the back, commending you for your bad-assery. Let the good times roll!

It can be a lot tougher to be as open with that information when you're floundering, backsliding on previously-made progress, or otherwise struggling. It's really easy to get down on yourself in those circumstances. "I have disappointed everyone. All these people were living vicariously through me, and I have let those people down." It can be really easy to talk yourself into a head-space where instead of giving negative progress updates, you give no progress updates - better to let everyone keep living the dream rather than splash cold water on their happy thoughts. Logically, you probably know that the community will have your back... but emotionally, it can be a total bitch, where you might be riddled with self-doubt about such matters.

Personally, I of course hope that Bob is happy with himself and simply too busy to post here, having found a wellspring of self-confidence that keeps him otherwise socially occupied. But if that's not the case, I would still welcome his updates with open arms, no matter what his status or potentially revised personal goals might be.

Bad word choice on my end. I think you all knew it was light-hearted.

But seriously, he's probably too busy getting laid at this point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
youhas  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerM3tal wrote:
Bad word choice on my end. I think you all knew it was light-hearted.

But seriously, he's probably too busy getting laid at this point.

I certainly didn't think you had malicious intent or anything. I just know that I've personally done the aggressive power-diet experience before, and am somewhat aware of the words and phrases that can trigger adverse responses in even the most buttoned-down of individuals.

But yes, in lieu of further information, I cavalierly assume that Bob is schmoozing with various quality ladies, with no free time to deal with trivial hindrances like "ScoreHero". I quietly hope that that's the case - though if Bob cares to lean on us for further emotional support, I know that I am around with open arms to hopefully pitch in.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob is clearly playing Guitar Hero

That's what we're all here for

Right?
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not surprising to anyone but he hasn't logged in since his last post. I hope he's doing well and admire his strength of will, whatever the current situation may be. If he could do it once he can do it again, if he needs do. I'm also really impressed how much support he got from all you folks.
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Bob is clearly playing Guitar Hero

That's what we're all here for

Right?

That's the point. He's not here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
conlan22  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came into general chat because I remembered this thread and now I'm dying for a last post. I saw he has been active in other areas of the internet so Hopefully he comes back at some point and updates us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

Jump to: