ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tutorial: Wii Guitar for PC Guitar Hero III

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StRoNgFoE  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Tutorial: Wii Guitar for PC Guitar Hero III Reply with quote

Intro:
Hello all. This is a tutorial that I wrote which will hopefully aid in getting a Wiimote working with your PC that can be used to play Guitar Hero III. I have been using my Wiimote on my PC for a few years now. I have recently come across a Wii guitar, so I wanted to add support for it in the scripts I use regularly. It works identically to my Xbox 360 Xplorer in Guitar Hero III for PC.

Requirements:
To start, you're going need:
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Wiimote
- Wii Guitar
- Bluetooth Adapter
- GlovePIE 0.43 or 0.45

GHIII PC Tutorial
The "Full Tutorial" helps installing PPJoy which is useful in game emulators, such as like playing Rock Band or GH: Rocks the 80's in PCSX2. But maybe you just want to play some GHIII PC. This is a shorter version for this website that does not require PPJoy.

1.) Plug in and set up a bluetooth adapter.
2.) Download GlovePIE.
3.) Download my Guitar Hero III Only script.
4.) Connect the wiimote to your PC.
5.) Open the script in GlovePIE.
6.) In GlovePIE, check TroubleShooter > No Auto-Bluetooth Connect
7.) Run the script in the GlovePIE by pressing the ">Run" button.
8.) Load Guitar Hero III for PC and play!

The only downfall of using the Wii Guitar is that the buttons are mapped to keyboard controls, so the game always starts in Lefty mode. Other than that, it works flawless and works identically to a USB guitar. If you changed custom mappings you will have to reset them to default.

Full Tutorial:
My tutorial on how to set up the Wiimote to properly work can be found below. This should take you all the way to the end. By the time you finish the Wiimote should be usable by GHIII, emulators, and some PC games that support Direct Input.
Wiimote in Windows

GlovePIE Scripts:
If you already have PPJoy and GlovePIE set up and just want the script that enables emulator/Guitar Hero III PC controls.

Guitar Hero III Script - A simple script that enables Keyboard controls in Wii Guitar (PPJoy not required).
WiiMote PPJoy Mapping Script v1.51 - Maps wiimote+extensions to virtual joystick using PPJoy. Supports nunchuk, classic controller, guitar, and drums. Works great with emulators, and has a mode for GHIII PC built in.
All my other wiimote scripts.

Hopefully this helps anyone who is seeking to do this kind of thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: