ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Borderlands 2- New Hammerlock DLC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1013/borderlands-2--mayhem-approaches-teaser

WARNING! SUBJECT EN ROUTE TO PAX EAST!

For a look at this mysterious new vault hunter, details on the upcoming level cap increase and more, come check out the Gearbox Software panel at PAX East on 3/24/13 at 12:30pm ET in the Main Theatre!

I'll be at PAX East, but might not be able to make it to that panel. If I can, I'll be here with a full report.

Also: LEVEL CAP INCREASE!
Confury  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had no idea there was a BL2 SH thread. Avid player here along with LordMathias, ffffaaaacccckkkk, and physicsdm. Looking forward to the new character although I don't really like the idea of another melee character. Hopefully he/she has some skills that are based on a certain weapon/element. I feel like I barely use shotguns/snipers in this game.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confury wrote:
I don't really like the idea of another melee character. Hopefully he/she has some skills that are based on a certain weapon/element. I feel like I barely use shotguns/snipers in this game.

Well as a melee class, if he does have weapon skills I could see shotguns being something that would be useful to the playstyle, as opposed to Zero who kinda has a polar skillset.

I'm not really sure how exactly they can make a melee focused character that is better than Melee Zero without being broken. Not that they seem concerned with balance unless it affects their precious raid bosses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is fucking difficult. I got past Boom Bewm and have had a hell of a lot of trouble with the waves of guys that come through that gate you blast with the cannon.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting news is that if my findings are correct, any lv 50 equipment you might have is now virtually useless since the numbers at 61 are just insane, like ~30k for an average damage stat, 90k+ for snipers and even 1m+ on certain rocket launchers, shield novas in the 400k+ range, roid bonuses in the 80k+, and shield capacities in the 70k range, that sort of thing. (Of note is the 1.5m damage derp Nukem, the ~550k combined health with an Evolution.)

If they ever substantially increase the cap again I could see them getting to a point where players have over 1m health.

Also the pearls are great:

Avenger: Tediore SMG with a strange bouncing betty like behavior when reloaded. Would probably take some learning.

Bearcat: As a corrosive Dahl assault rifle, it has a very high damage output versus armored enemies (eg: loaders, constructors, armored maniacs) but is likely very situational and probably can't get crit damage.

Butcher: Hyperion shotgun with a Vladof level firerate but low pellet count. Could end up being very good like most Hyperion shotguns. I've also noticed some odd things with the ammo use, as if it has its own integrated 5 Shots or Six.

Sawbar: Bandit assault rifle, always incendiary. Has a high magazine and very good damage but slow fire rate and reload. Definitely a weapon for a specific purpose.

Stalker: Vladof pistol with ricocheting bullets, not entirely convinced of its usefulness, but it could be decent if used right.

Storm: Maliwan shock sniper, lower direct damage but much like its fiery cousin the Volcano, it has very good DOT and AOE on impact.

Tunguska: Torgue rocket launcher. That should be all I need to say about this monster.

Unforgiven: Jakobs pistol, basically very similar to the existing Rex from DLC3, except there's a hidden 500% crit modifier, making it basically a sniper rifle with access to the much larger pistol ammo pool. (I'll note that the one I've seen has higher damage than many of the same level sniper rifles.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Tunguska: Torgue rocket launcher. That should be all I need to say about this monster.

EXPLOOSSSSIONSSSSSSSS!?!?!?!?!?!
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only managed to get up to level 52 so far, but Rabid skags are just .

A group of friends and I tried to spawn Vermiverous, but we only got up to an ultimate badass and that had the same results as rabid skags

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More DLC comes out on Tuesday, not part of the season pass.

Four more Pearls and a bunch of Legendary class mods as part of the UVHM 2 Pack.

Notably, the return of the Carnage shotguns from BL1, and legendary 5 skill +5 versions of base game class mods. (ie: Hoarder, Nurse, Ninja, etc.)

Also this interesting thing:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: