ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GTA V - Anyone else waiting for this?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: GTA V - Anyone else waiting for this? Reply with quote

Looks like pretty much the greatest thing ever..never been so excited for a game release, and that includes all past gh/rb titles.

Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

Online Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting, but I wish I wasn't. Aside from guitar hero/rock band, and minecraft, this will probably be one of my favorite games to play. I never was really into GTA but the shit in GTA5 looks like I'll enjoy it so much.

Honestly can't wait the extra month.

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Gamestop Exclusive Limited Edition Pre-order for a while now. cant wait to get my hands on it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played and beat GTA4, but up until recent trailers and reveals I was "meh" about this because I've never been a giant fan of this series. After seeing the online trailer and reading more about the game, I now suspect it will be a Day 1 purchase for me, assuming the reviews are good (which you know they will be glowing, but I'm praying the bugs or whatever are minimal).

I absolutely LOVED Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire, so I am excited to do some more interesting missions and activities influenced by those games. The gunplay also looks similar to Max Payne 3, which is a very good thing. I feel like this could be the holy grail of Rockstar games.

All I can say is that real life is going to suck after this. I only wish it came out before Labor Day so I'd have a 3 day weekend to play it :/

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually took a vacation day on 9/17 from work cause I would otherwise just be way too distracted to work that day. I would have taken the whole week if they'd let me.

In the latest video it actually looked like they used the Red Dead Redemption weapons system, which is a good thing. I found it much easier to use than GTAIV. The absolutely crazy thing is that they say that the GTA V world is bigger than GTA:SA, GTAIV, and RDR combined. That is fucking jaw dropping.

This is not just a day 1 purchase for me, this is a minute 1 purchase. I'm getting it at midnight, and I'm gonna be the first one in line to do so.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*patiently awaits Rockstar to announce the PC version*
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:

you'll at least wait a year for that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:

Nah. Rockstar *always* releases a PC port a good 8 months or so after the console releases.

GTA 3 was October 2001-May 2002
GTA VC was October 2002-May 2003
GTA SA was October 2004-June 2005
GTA IV was April 2008-December 2008

Even games like LA Noire (May 2011-November 2011) were like that. I don't know when the ports were announced, but I'll be utterly *shocked* if there isn't a PC version by June next year.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
Nah. Rockstar *always* releases a PC port a good 8 months or so after the console releases.

Red Dead Redemption.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
conlan22  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does every feel about the story rotating around three different characters?
JosephL  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
How does every feel about the story rotating around three different characters?

I love the idea! I'd especially like it if they play up the "this is what one event looks like to multiple characters" aspect some, like they did with the bank heist in GTA IV.

As for me and my plans:
Birthday on Oct. 9 + Launch on Sept. 17 + Two teenaged stepsons who also want the game = free GTA V for me (hopefully).
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:

GTA 3 was October 2001-May 2002
GTA VC was October 2002-May 2003
GTA SA was October 2004-June 2005
GTA IV was April 2008-December 2008

Even games like LA Noire (May 2011-November 2011) were like that. I don't know when the ports were announced, but I'll be utterly *shocked* if there isn't a PC version by June next year.
They already basically confirmed it on twitter. They tried to back pedal and say it was a typo, but it looked clear to me that whoever was doing their twitter that day didnt realize it wasnt public information.
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my copy for XBox from today's early opening Future Shop here. Open the case, see two discs, first one says "Install". Put it in, starts installing 7800 something MB to my HDD. MUST.PLAY.NOW.HYPE.PLEASE.BE.OVER.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit 7.8gb ???? wonder if it's the same for ps3. usually there's no install.

EDIT: confirmed. a 8gb install is required on both console. insanity. better have no freaking lag with a huge install like this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the 8GB mandatory install has been known for a while. I know there are some people who have a 4GB 360 that are going to be disappointed today, but I'm okay with it considering the graphics and scale this game is on. It's insane to think that GTA4 and GTA5 are the same console generation, just looking at them. From what I read there is no lag and minimal loading times from switching between characters (I wish LA Noire had done the install disc thing, because playing 3 discs was silly)

My game should arrive this afternoon before I get home from work. I can't wait to play it considering all the 10/10 and 9/10 scores. I hate having to wait for the online play, but it gives us all time to beat the story and explore the world. Sooo excited

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: